2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

7 minutes ago, Nasty said:

When you lower 07-18 silverados with struts pr spring. The lower you go, the farther back the front wheel goes back into the wheel well. Which causes mkre rubbing and looks horrible.   Spindles wont affect that

Ahhh...this is what I was afraid of and thought the OEM spindles would not allow this to happen, but now that I think about it the strut would/could cause this as opposed to the spindles...Thank you for the heads up!

Edited by RDKILL

Just now, RDKILL said:

Ahhh...this is what I was afraid of and though the OEM spindles would not allow this to happen, but now that I think about it the strut would/could cause this as opposed to the spindles...Thank you for the heads up!

The upper arm is mounted at a back angle. The the top of the spindle will follow that.  Lowering spindle will decrease that

4 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Yes, I just checked the sight, and I have cast control arms. My truck is an early 2016, and the kits say aluminum.

I'll reach out the to sales person I talked to earlier to see if they have spindles for cast CA...Thanks!

I have mcgagheys on my 16 which are cast

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I have mcgagheys on my 16 which are cast

I'll check out McGaughys as well...were you the one that said the ride is a little harsh with McGaughys? If not sorry, maybe I saw that on a vid in a comparo...too much info to analyze!

11 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

I'll check out McGaughys as well...were you the one that said the ride is a little harsh with McGaughys? If not sorry, maybe I saw that on a vid in a comparo...too much info to analyze!

Theyre the same but i prefer the mcg spindles over belltech. Nothing wrong with belltech. I just like mcg

I just saw this kit McGaughys Part # 34170-2 which has spinles, but they don't recommend going lower than 2" in the front...which I can live with.

It mentioned if going really low in the rear you need a C notch, which I don't plan to go any lower than 4 or 5 in the rear.

However, what is a C notch?

7 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Just watched a vid on C notching a Chevy...I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon!

Im having my underbed notch installed innthe next month or so   and this winter when the truck sits. Its getting shipped out for new front suspension

8 hours ago, Nasty said:

Im having my underbed notch installed innthe next month or so   and this winter when the truck sits. Its getting shipped out for new front suspension

Man how low are you going?

I'm already thinking about oil change difficulties with a 3/5, spoiled now that I can just crawl under and flip my Fumoto valve and drain...LOL!

Doesn't a C notch weaken the rear frame of the truck?

Or, are the reinforcements that are welded in place to make up for the strength the notch seems to remove?

It just seems at the apex of the notch it will be a weak point especially if hit from the back in an accident...like the frame would buckle at that point?

9 hours ago, RDKILL said:

I just saw this kit McGaughys Part # 34170-2 which has spinles, but they don't recommend going lower than 2" in the front...which I can live with.

It mentioned if going really low in the rear you need a C notch, which I don't plan to go any lower than 4 or 5 in the rear.

However, what is a C notch?

That kit says it will do 2''-4.5'' in the front.  That has everything you will need to drop your truck.  

43 minutes ago, qwank said:

That kit says it will do 2''-4.5'' in the front.  That has everything you will need to drop your truck.  

Yeah that's what I thought too, but I'm going to call them on Monday to ask about their recommendations to not go lower than 2" on the front, when the kit allows to go lower.

I see they wrote so you don't have complications with your 4x4 drive, but wonder if that's just due to ground clearance or something else.

3 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Yeah that's what I thought too, but I'm going to call them on Monday to ask about their recommendations to not go lower than 2" on the front, when the kit allows to go lower.

I see they wrote so you don't have complications with your 4x4 drive, but wonder if that's just due to ground clearance or something else.

You might get a little more binding from the front axles at 4'' when in 4wd,  but it shouldn't be too bad.  My truck is 4x4 lowered 4'' in the front.  

2 minutes ago, qwank said:

You might get a little more binding from the front axles at 4'' when in 4wd,  but it shouldn't be too bad.  My truck is 4x4 lowered 4'' in the front.  

When you say "binding" do mean while turning?

I guess going 3" should be safe then...and it seems I can always go up to 2" if needed with this kit.

1 hour ago, RDKILL said:

Man how low are you going?

I'm already thinking about oil change difficulties with a 3/5, spoiled now that I can just crawl under and flip my Fumoto valve and drain...LOL!

Doesn't a C notch weaken the rear frame of the truck?

Or, are the reinforcements that are welded in place to make up for the strength the notch seems to remove?

It just seems at the apex of the notch it will be a weak point especially if hit from the back in an accident...like the frame would buckle at that point?

5/8 the correct way.   And if the notch is good and the person installing the notch is good. It will actually be stronger than the oem frame    the notch is 1/4" steel