2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

1 hour ago, 2k10CrewCab said:

Here’s mine with a 2” drop shackle to give you an idea. Bottom pic is with 24s on 395/35 tire. I’m looking into a 4/6 or 5/7 drop kit now. Just kinda undecided between MG or the Inez kit. 

39AA81EE-5ED1-43F7-AAC5-882B862F2056.jpeg

2C68A196-EB86-4F99-8F51-FB3EE255070A.jpeg

Inez is trash go mcg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

2018 LT 2WD Double Cab (I'm used to calling it Extended Cab)

I want to lower the rear to level it out and it looks like Belltech Shackle Kit 6401 and removing the block is the way to go for me but I have a few questions before i tackle it...

• The description from Belltech says "2" or 3" rear drop"... is there a 2" and 3" on this shackle?
  • Do I need spacers, different u-bolts, or anything else aside from this kit for this drop?
  • Will have a problem getting bolts out? Will I have to bend some metal out of the way? Drop the hitch? Or is this not the case on the 2018

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hey guys,
2018 LT 2WD Double Cab (I'm used to calling it Extended Cab)

I want to lower the rear to level it out and it looks like Belltech Shackle Kit 6401 and removing the block is the way to go for me but I have a few questions before i tackle it...
  • The description from Belltech says "2" or 3" rear drop"... is there a 2" and 3" on this shackle?
  • Do I need spacers, different u-bolts, or anything else aside from this kit for this drop?
  • Will have a problem getting bolts out? Will I have to bend some metal out of the way? Drop the hitch? Or is this not the case on the 2018
Thanks for the help in advance.

2" is the shackles, 3" is shackles and block removed. The 6401 kit comes with spacers so you can use the original U-bolts after blocks are removed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, jcfountain33 said:

2" is the shackles, 3" is shackles and block removed. The 6401 kit comes with spacers so you can use the original U-bolts after blocks are removed.

Thank you. 

Will any any modification be needed to get the bolts out?

30 minutes ago, 2k10CrewCab said:

We’ll drop is out, now looking for a leveling kit. Pick this beauty up today.

17D58659-CC21-4D1C-9F79-9B3D57EF1375.jpeg

2018 has stamped steel arms. So get upper arms as well.  If you had cast. Youd be ok without uppers

14 hours ago, FleetBoy said:

Thank you. 

Will any any modification be needed to get the bolts out?

If I recall right you'll also have to take the hitch off and there were a couple of tight angles to get bolts out.

If I recall right you'll also have to take the hitch off and there were a couple of tight angles to get bolts out.
Yes, you have to drop the hitch, but that's not a modification...

4 minutes ago, jcfountain33 said:

Yes, you have to drop the hitch, but that's not a modification...

My note was in response to his first post questions which were not answered.  In his first post he asked if he had to drop the hitch.  Thanks though.