2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I'm looking to get the same kit from Belltech 6401 and from what I've read you'll need to:

• Remove the tow hitch.
  • Bend the pinch weld on the bed to get the top shackle bolt out Or raise the bed.
  • If you want 3" you'll need to remove the 1" spacer between the leaf spring and axle.
  • If you only want 2" no need to remove spacer.
  • If removing the spacer be sure to line up the reference pin on the axle back into the leaf spring pack.
  • If you want to make things a little easier, removing the spare is optional.

Be sure the jack stands and jack are position correctly for optimum safety.

Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to this body style. Just recently upgraded to 2015 Sierra from a 2006. I love the truck but I am ready to be low again. I have read over almost this entire thread and still have questions. I want to go 4/6-4/7. Does that require a 2 pc driveshaft and notch? I believe I am going to go with the Mcgaughys 3/5-4/6-4/7 kit so I can have options. Any personal pros and cons with Mcgaughys?

truck.jpg

Edited by SlowCole

1 hour ago, SlowCole said:

Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to this body style. Just recently upgraded to 2015 Sierra from a 2006. I love the truck but I am ready to be low again. I have read over almost this entire thread and still have questions. I want to go 4/6-4/7. Does that require a 2 pc driveshaft and notch? I believe I am going to go with the Mcgaughys 3/5-4/6-4/7 kit so I can have options. Any personal pros and cons with Mcgaughys?

truck.jpg

Best for crewcab is 4/6.  Mcg is my favorite and i run it on my regular cab    you should be ok without yhr 2 peice but id look into it for future.  Reklez makes that conversion for a pretty good price

23 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Best for crewcab is 4/6.  Mcg is my favorite and i run it on my regular cab    you should be ok without yhr 2 peice but id look into it for future.  Reklez makes that conversion for a pretty good price

Awesome! I wanted to go 4/6 but I read a lot about needing a 2 pc driveshaft and notch. If they aren't required, but recommeneded, then I can go ahead and pull the trigger on the kit and work on the notch and 2 pc after that.

9 minutes ago, SlowCole said:

Awesome! I wanted to go 4/6 but I read a lot about needing a 2 pc driveshaft and notch. If they aren't required, but recommeneded, then I can go ahead and pull the trigger on the kit and work on the notch and 2 pc after that.

A notch would be nice but not needed.   Also dont use thr mcg bump stops. Get the belltech yellow sponge ones

Well got the belltech “2/4” drop on my 2018 reg cab z71. Followed directions on lowering the front which was the struts with spacers and new springs. Used only the bigger single spacer per directions and let’s just say it’s not a 2” inch drop ?‍♂️ more like 3-4”. I cant even pull over a parking spot curb without hitting front valance. Did the rear the same time as well. So I wasn’t aware of how low the front was yet. So flipped the axle on top of the spring. Knocked factory rear hangers off put belltechs hangers on in bottom 4 holes with their shackle which should be a 4” drop. Which I think really was a 4” drop it’s just the front was so low it made the rake look ridiculous. So put factory shackles on it to give it a 5” drop which helped out with the stupid rake. Also I had to cut tailpipe off because leaf springs would be right in the way of its factory exit location. Any else have to do that to the exhaust?

Factory ride height

94dc205133f90ccb174b3ccff996cb39.jpg

“2”/4”” drop

de039acb8da39329c209bedda2480c2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Breedsrt said:

Well got the belltech “2/4” drop on my 2018 reg cab z71. Followed directions on lowering the front which was the struts with spacers and new springs. Used only the bigger single spacer per directions and let’s just say it’s not a 2” inch drop ?‍♂️ more like 3-4”. I cant even pull over a parking spot curb without hitting front valance. Did the rear the same time as well. So I wasn’t aware of how low the front was yet. So flipped the axle on top of the spring. Knocked factory rear hangers off put belltechs hangers on in bottom 4 holes with their shackle which should be a 4” drop. Which I think really was a 4” drop it’s just the front was so low it made the rake look ridiculous. So put factory shackles on it to give it a 5” drop which helped out with the stupid rake. Also I had to cut tailpipe off because leaf springs would be right in the way of its factory exit location. Any else have to do that to the exhaust?

Factory ride height

94dc205133f90ccb174b3ccff996cb39.jpg

“2”/4”” drop

de039acb8da39329c209bedda2480c2a.jpg

Explain what you did in front please. And give me a .measurement fron center of hub to bottom of fender lip 

Explain what you did in front please. And give me a .measurement fron center of hub to bottom of fender lip 

18” from center of hub to lip of fender on front and 20.5” on rear.

So the kit that got sent to me was the 987SP
Which contained individual parts kits. P# 25004 Which is the lift/lowering struts, also in the big box was a pair of belltech coil springs. So I put together the new struts with the single 10mm spacer ring “see picture below on instructions for 2inch drop so you don’t have to search for it” and the new coil spring provided with factory spring isolator assembly up top. I wish they had one big instruction manual for the 987sp kit.

86160c3591ac5aa1f3de1afb347f8ce9.png

3 minutes ago, Breedsrt said:

18” from center of hub to lip of fender on front and 20.5” on rear.

So the kit that got sent to me was the 987SP
Which contained individual parts kits. P# 25004 Which is the lift/lowering struts, also in the big box was a pair of belltech coil springs. So I put together the new struts with the single 10mm spacer ring “see picture below on instructions for 2inch drop so you don’t have to search for it” and the new coil spring provided with factory spring isolator assembly up top. I wish they had one big instruction manual for the 987sp kit.

86160c3591ac5aa1f3de1afb347f8ce9.png

All you have is 1 ring in each strut? And youre using thr spring as well?

Ya you messed up.  1 big ring only is 2" of drop. And the spring ot came with is another 2" 

Sheet!!! I guess I shoulda looked at it more. Probably would have seen the springs were shorter than factory one. I was kinda in a hurry. How would you go about bringing it back up? Just add 4 rings on top of the single ring on them now that would make it a “factory ride height” and use the belltech coil? Or take that coil off and put factory on?

5 minutes ago, Breedsrt said:

Sheet!!! I guess I shoulda looked at it more. Probably would have seen the springs were shorter than factory one. I was kinda in a hurry. How would you go about bringing it back up? Just add 4 rings on top of the single ring on them now that would make it a “factory ride height” and use the belltech coil? Or take that coil off and put factory on?

How i would do it is put 2 rings in front bringing it up to 3" drop.  And then drop the ass end 1 more inch making it a 3/5 drop but thats just me