LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

Does any body have any pictures of the vled 850 lumen? (http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/fog-lights/5202/10-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-5202-1-pair.html)

Ive seen a couple people that have them but no pictures of light output or how they look? Also would these get to hot for the housing or is that only when jump up really high in wattage/lumens?

If any would could help I would appreciate it!

Dont bother with those, the offset are completely wrong and you will end up with LESS usable light than stock halogen.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont bother with those, the offset are completely wrong and you will end up with LESS usable light than stock halogen.

Ok. Well then is there any real plug and play for the fog lights? I know a lot of people are running the lmz lights are they worth it? and how hard is install? I would probably prefer to have more of a plug and play type of replacement, just for more reliability.

Thanks

There's another direct plug & play on the way. I spoke to a rep at T.R.S. yesterday on a technical question on my new HID headlights and while on the phone with him I asked if they would be developing a fog light for the Sierra. He told me "YES, in fact its already in development and should be on the T.R.S. website in about 6 weeks give, or take" Unlike the others they've been producing with triple 3 watt LED's, this one will have a single 10 watt LED. "The beam will be a flat, fog light pattern designed to compliment the headlight pattern." They advertise their triple 3 watt units at about 1200 lumens per side, so this one having a single 10 watt should be at least that much, or perhaps even a bit more.

Considering they're designing the housing to look like the factory lights, I'm gonna hold off until I get a look at these...

Ok. Well then is there any real plug and play for the fog lights? I know a lot of people are running the lmz lights are they worth it? and how hard is install? I would probably prefer to have more of a plug and play type of replacement, just for more reliability.

Thanks

So morris, what ones are you running? I couldn't find them on the VLED site.

This is what I have http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/5202-9009/5202-lmz.html

They are plug and play, but a bitch to get the collar in the housing's socket. People used silicon lube to get it in easier, I didnt know until water got in. it is all dried now but I JB welded the collar to the housing as they can be cheaply replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got the headlight update done on my 2014 and new bulbs seemed a little whiter than my fogs. So i purchased the VLED 5k XB fog bulbs and tried for the life of me to get them in. All i could get was one snapped in place. Not sure if i will keep them as now my headlights dont look so white compared with the fogs. Any tips on getting them in or if i should keep them? Snapped a few pics.

b387e02c0ac71ddd15a87d4dd60d2b41.jpg

Fogs only

8db72e5e16179243e4440fe80317b56c.jpg

Headlights and fogs

5176986a5d32bb825eccd7498e2cbd5c.jpg

I recently got the headlight update done on my 2014 and new bulbs seemed a little whiter than my fogs. So i purchased the VLED 5k XB fog bulbs and tried for the life of me to get them in. All i could get was one snapped in place. Not sure if i will keep them as now my headlights dont look so white compared with the fogs. Any tips on getting them in or if i should keep them? Snapped a few pics.

b387e02c0ac71ddd15a87d4dd60d2b41.jpg

Fogs only

8db72e5e16179243e4440fe80317b56c.jpg

Headlights and fogs

5176986a5d32bb825eccd7498e2cbd5c.jpg

Those are the direct replacement bulbs correct? How do you like them? Ive been looking into getting some of those bulbs. they seem pretty bright! I love the way they look too. As far was the headlights being yellow now because of the fogs, if you happy with the brightness after the update, Putco makes a headlight bulb that is very close to matching the the 5k fogs. I have them and they look great. They are the nitro blue 4400K bulb. They pretty much match the color of the DRL on my Sierra. It is either that of go up to an HID kit i believe. If i knew how to post pictures I could show you what the Putco headlights look like.

Those are the direct replacement bulbs correct? How do you like them? Ive been looking into getting some of those bulbs. they seem pretty bright! I love the way they look too. As far was the headlights being yellow now because of the fogs, if you happy with the brightness after the update, Putco makes a headlight bulb that is very close to matching the the 5k fogs. I have them and they look great. They are the nitro blue 4400K bulb. They pretty much match the color of the DRL on my Sierra. It is either that of go up to an HID kit i believe. If i knew how to post pictures I could show you what the Putco headlights look like.

Yes they are direct replacement led bulbs from vled. I havent driven with them yet because i still cant get one to snap in all the way. I just sat them in there to snap some pics and see what they look like. The light output is bright but scattered. Almost to the point oncoming traffic may not like them. I may go hids but would be interested to see what those putco bulbs look like. When i get some days off i will play with them again and get my wife in her car on the road see if they blind her lol.

Are those bulbs from GM?

My headlight bulbs are from gm. The fogs are vled.

Yes they are direct replacement led bulbs from vled. I havent driven with them yet because i still cant get one to snap in all the way. I just sat them in there to snap some pics and see what they look like. The light output is bright but scattered. Almost to the point oncoming traffic may not like them. I may go hids but would be interested to see what those putco bulbs look like. When i get some days off i will play with them again and get my wife in her car on the road see if they blind her lol.

My headlight bulbs are from gm. The fogs are vled.

And as far as getting them to fit i ran into a few problems with fitting the fogs also ( in the top picture the fogs are also putco nitro blue fogs to match the headlights but one burnt out) But obviously making sure the notches line up properly. Make sure the O-ring doesn't get pinch in the setting. and Push in on the tabs/clips so they reach the appropriate snap in point. This are the things i noticed when i switched my fogs.

Okay iv done alot of reading on this page want to order the vled fog light bulbs want a simple change witch do i go with so the color will be close to what the leds in the stock lights are anyone have a link? No computer unfortunately or I wouldn't ask

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I just installed my fog lights with vled bulbs. I couldn't get them to fit, like everyone says, until I put Vaseline around the rubber gasket. They fit right in, tighter than stock, and the Vaseline should act like a dielectric grease and help keep water out.

Archived