LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

Hey, how did you mount the light to the metal structure so you can adjust the angle of the lights?

I have these same mounts holding my Dually pods in place. The mounts don't leave a whole lot of space for adjustment but there is still some adjustment capability. You can push the pods in or out and do a little adjusting the aim left to right. Maybe a couple degrees up and down. Maybe 5 degrees each way (5 up and 5 down; left and right have about the same but a tad bit more)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have these same mounts holding my Dually pods in place. The mounts don't leave a whole lot of space for adjustment but there is still some adjustment capability. You can push the pods in or out and do a little adjusting the aim left to right. Maybe a couple degrees up and down. Maybe 5 degrees each way (5 up and 5 down; left and right have about the same but a tad bit more)

So are you going to keep these dot fogs in or going back to the D2's? Could you aim the D2's down a little and get away with them?

So are you going to keep these dot fogs in or going back to the D2's? Could you aim the D2's down a little and get away with them?

I'm going to keep the DOT lights where they are for now. This summer when I finally get my lift, I will move the DOT lights back to being under the bumper. Only because that way they will be lower and as close to the ground as I can get them.

I will likely wire them so that they activate when the headlights are turned on and I will wire the D2s back into the fog lights. Still not 100% sure yet though.

Hey, how did you mount the light to the metal structure so you can adjust the angle of the lights?

I made a bracket which allows the rigid mount to bolt on, and can rotate and tilt the fog lights to aim them. I have them aimed up and out a bit, gets rid of any bright "hot spots" on the roadway. Lights a long way off, and to the side of the road as well. Not something to have on around others, but great for seeing deer as well as brush / trees when I'm off road. I used them to light up a work area at night earlier this week - very happy with them.

Get away with running them around town? Why? If they're just being used for profiling around, any LED power will be fine.

I came across a Tundra ricer a couple days ago, going the opposite direction in town. His friggin lights were blinding me and everyone else a block away or more. He had HID headlights around 8000k and a HID foglight about the same hue of purple. Seemed like he had about 10,000-12,000 lumens pointing at me. Inconsiderate CS. But he looked really cool. 29_3_15.gif I hope the turd stops for a couple beers on the way home from work and he gets stopped for the lights and popped for a DUI.

Those people annoy me too.

If you have fogs with a proper beam pattern which are properly aimed you won't bother anybody except in hilly terrain. The fog cuttoff should be parallel or below (SAE spec is actually below) the cutoff of your low beams so your lows (even properly aimed) are going to shine in peoples eyes much more often than the fogs will.

• 2 weeks later...

Have an issue with the VLED 3000LM lights in my fogs. Good news is it's not a system main part problem. The 5202 adapters are the only issue. The one that adapts the LED to the housing is a little flimsy, but to able to use. The harness adapter is a more serious issue as it has one of my lights not working right now. I'll be calling VLED tomorrow.

20150127 200834

here are the ridgid D2's in the ridgid mounts. finally talked them into putting some in the trucks on the lot and this one sold the same day it wnet out.... these things are outrageously bright. i cant wait to do some of the DOT/SAE ones

IMG_20150128_080609_zpswpf6xbvb.jpg

IMG_20150128_080621_zps9akpsrxp.jpg

here are the ridgid D2's in the ridgid mounts. finally talked them into putting some in the trucks on the lot and this one sold the same day it wnet out.... these things are outrageously bright. i cant wait to do some of the DOT/SAE ones

Truck looks great! Is that a levelling kit or just bigger, more aggresive tires?

go check out the thread for the DOT pods, I got them on my truck and am really liking them! They don't compare to the D2 Driving pods but they are great on road pods :)

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168523-rigid-fog-lights-d-series-dotsae-certified/

Truck looks great! Is that a levelling kit or just bigger, more aggresive tires?

truck is leveled with 2.5in ready lift. the tires are stock sized but BFG 2's. I talked to the managers at my dealer and i think we are going to start doing this combo on all terrains that come in.

I am looking for the best wat to power up my new factory fog lights.

I have different bulbs in lieu of the Factory ones.

2014 GMC 1500 new body style. I would like to buy a factory wire loom and switch.

Then I would have to go to the dealer to have the BCM programed if they would program it.

I think this may cost more then I want to invest,

So what other way can I power them up.? I was also thinking to put a switch into the cab.

But that's not exactly a perfect solution.they could be powered up by tapping

Into the headlights, but you can't turn them off unless the headlights lights are off too.

I think if I got power from the parking lights they would be on all the time as well.

what is the most popular way some of you folks are powering up new fogs you have installed?

Archived