LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just installed my fog lights with vled bulbs. I couldn't get them to fit, like everyone says, until I put Vaseline around the rubber gasket. They fit right in, tighter than stock, and the Vaseline should act like a dielectric grease and help keep water out.

Was the light a nice improvement?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Can you guys with the vled 5K fogs post up some pics. Just want to see how they match up with the headlights

Look at my post a page or two back i have a couple pics. They dont match the oem headlights. I have hids on the way hopefully they will match.

Was the light a nice improvement?

It's a lot brighter than I thought it'd be. It's almost blinding to look at. You won't be able to use them at night unless you're the only one on the road, but it's not like anyone used them anyway. It's mostly for looks. It matches the stock headlight leds and my 4500k Hid headlights perfectly. In the end that's all I really wanted.

It's a lot brighter than I thought it'd be. It's almost blinding to look at. You won't be able to use them at night unless you're the only one on the road, but it's not like anyone used them anyway. It's mostly for looks. It matches the stock headlight leds and my 4500k Hid headlights perfectly. In the end that's all I really wanted.

That's awesome to hear guess I'll be making my order tomorrow!

75238f7b30a05c156530ca801fd760e5.jpg

Morimoto Hid headlights (4500k) and VLED fogs (5000k)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Any night shots with that light setup? In that picture they look very white and bright. Nice!

Or any one else have pictures with the vled 5k fog bulbs?

It's hard to get a good pic at night. It's too bright for the camera. I'll play around with camera settings tonight and see if I can get a good pic.

Yes they are direct replacement led bulbs from vled. I havent driven with them yet because i still cant get one to snap in all the way. I just sat them in there to snap some pics and see what they look like. The light output is bright but scattered. Almost to the point oncoming traffic may not like them. I may go hids but would be interested to see what those putco bulbs look like. When i get some days off i will play with them again and get my wife in her car on the road see if they blind her lol.

My headlight bulbs are from gm. The fogs are vled.

Do you still think they may blind oncoming cars? Also with the light being scattered it it useable light? or don't even bother with them?

Do you still think they may blind oncoming cars? Also with the light being scattered it it useable light? or don't even bother with them?

I actually took them out after i snapped the pics because i could not get one in all the way and havent played with them again. Im waiting on my hids to come in to install everything. As far as useable light very little. The beam is just not focused enough. Stock are way better output im just after a different look.

I had too many beers after softball to be taking pictures of my fog lights. But I did make numerous observations, and had some input from my friends while drinking those beers.

1. They look awesome, matched with the white Hid headlights and the stock white mini led bulbs (Sierra)

2. They don't project as far as the headlights/brights, but they are brighter... So much brighter that they are hard to look at, especially at night. Oncoming traffic killers.

3. Since they're so bright and don't project past the headlights, the only purpose they serve is to look cool. Period.

It comes down to this. If you haven't already done your headlights, there's no reason to do the fogs. If you already have all white headlights, there's no reason why you'd keep the yellow fogs when you could spend $60 and match them, even if it's just for show.

I'm happy with them. I wanted the fogs to match the rest of the lighting on my truck and this was accomplished.

There's only two possible scenarios that I can imagine turning on these fog lights.

1. 'Hey man, cool headlights. Thanks, check it out, the fogs match too!'

2. It's 3am, and you're in the middle of nowhere, and you're the only person on the road, and you feel the need for 5% more light.

Like I said, I'm happy to have my lighting match, even though there's no real functional benefits.

There's only two possible scenarios that I can imagine turning on these fog lights.

1. 'Hey man, cool headlights. Thanks, check it out, the fogs match too!'

2. It's 3am, and you're in the middle of nowhere, and you're the only person on the road, and you feel the need for 5% more light.

Like I said, I'm happy to have my lighting match, even though there's no real functional benefits.

You may have mentioned it already, but which lights are you running? All I saw was that you had VLED 5K which doesn't really say what VLED you are running. Just curious. Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed

Archived