LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

I've used V-LEDs, best light output for direct replacement LED bulbs. Pricey, but 850LM isn't very easy to find in a LED 5202/H16 bulb.http://www.vleds.com/bulb/5202-9009-h16/5202-6k-10-xb.html Sierra V-LED 5000K LED fog lights w/5000K HID Headlight Kit 2F673FC0-5846-426F-B944-4A594EDF79FA.jpg

Why can't these work?

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't these work?

sorry. Wrong post.

I wish there was a way to make these work, since they are round and our fogs are round.......

http://www.okledlightbars.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3603944

why will these not work?

I've used V-LEDs, best light output for direct replacement LED bulbs. Pricey, but 850LM isn't very easy to find in a LED 5202/H16 bulb.http://www.vleds.com/bulb/5202-9009-h16/5202-6k-10-xb.html Sierra V-LED 5000K LED fog lights w/5000K HID Headlight Kit 2F673FC0-5846-426F-B944-4A594EDF79FA.jpg

so these are as simples as taking out your old build and putting these in? Has anyone found anything that is a direct replacement better? Would you still use these over stock bulbs?

I have finally finished reading this thread and the 39 page led fog lamp thread and with the shear number of different combinations that have been mentioned..... My brain hurts.

I am getting the SAE approved Rigid D-Series fogs and a 9012 Morimoto Elite HID system... But should I get the 4500 or the 5500. I am trying to match the fog with the headlamps.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this in the HID thread, but my question really pertains to both. I am wanting to have the fogs and headlamps close to a match in color... Am I on the right path? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say I'm absolutely shocked that HIDs and LEDs haven't made their way into vehicles a little sooner (not just GM, but all cars). I just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra and the lights are pretty horrible. HIDs have been around since what ... 1995 on expensive German cars!? To install HIDs (or at least make them an option) or adequate lighting would cost GM so little in the long run and would give them a competitive advantage. LEDs are just a no-brainer these days, tell me why incans still exist? Anyway ...

I really want to install the Rigid D2s in my Sierra, but I hate the gap at the top of the stock enclosure (where the round light used to cut-in). I know you can't see it, but my perfectionist ways (aka flawed personality) can't handle the gap. I wish Rigid had just made a full enclosure - way easier for everyone.

So having read through this entire thread, there still doesn't seem to be any true *high quality* plug and play options - am I correct? Other than replacing the bulb which seems to have mixed reviews.

Not sure if PS24W is the same as H16 - seems to have some overlap, but has anyone looked into these: http://www.piaa.com/store/p/737-H16-Performance-LED-Fog-Bulb-White-6000k-Twin-Pack.aspx

They're really expensive, but pump-out 2400 lumens a piece. Of course, the optics are critical with LEDs so the out-the-front lumens would be less.

I've used V-LEDs, best light output for direct replacement LED bulbs.

Pricey, but 850LM isn't very easy to find in a LED 5202/H16 bulb.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/5202-9009-h16/5202-6k-10-xb.html

Sierra V-LED 5000K LED fog lights w/5000K HID Headlight Kit

2F673FC0-5846-426F-B944-4A594EDF79FA.jpg

I just bought a set of these. I hope they will give you a discount on future purchases with the business you brought them.

I have to say I'm absolutely shocked that HIDs and LEDs haven't made their way into vehicles a little sooner (not just GM, but all cars). I just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra and the lights are pretty horrible. HIDs have been around since what ... 1995 on expensive German cars!? To install HIDs (or at least make them an option) or adequate lighting would cost GM so little in the long run and would give them a competitive advantage. LEDs are just a no-brainer these days, tell me why incans still exist? Anyway ...

I really want to install the Rigid D2s in my Sierra, but I hate the gap at the top of the stock enclosure (where the round light used to cut-in). I know you can't see it, but my perfectionist ways (aka flawed personality) can't handle the gap. I wish Rigid had just made a full enclosure - way easier for everyone.

So having read through this entire thread, there still doesn't seem to be any true *high quality* plug and play options - am I correct? Other than replacing the bulb which seems to have mixed reviews.

Not sure if PS24W is the same as H16 - seems to have some overlap, but has anyone looked into these: http://www.piaa.com/store/p/737-H16-Performance-LED-Fog-Bulb-White-6000k-Twin-Pack.aspx

They're really expensive, but pump-out 2400 lumens a piece. Of course, the optics are critical with LEDs so the out-the-front lumens would be less.

Get 5202, I tried PS24W from Putco and they didn't fit.

• 1 month later...

What are people's thoughts on the Rigid SAE fog lights compared to the Morimoto XB LED fogs?

Personally, the Rigids don't look good to me as the Morimotos do and their beam pattern are not really designed for foglights like the Morimotos. I have tried to have them compare the Morimotos to the JW Speaker 6145 LEDs and the BMW X5 fogs with no avail.

If anybody in the Oklahoma City area in the next few weeks have a Morimoto set, I would love to set up a time to do comparison shots of the output and beam patterns of them compared to the JW Speaker foglights. I should be getting them in within the next week or 2 and try to retrofit it in the Sierra OEM position.

Personally, the Rigids don't look good to me as the Morimotos do and their beam pattern are not really designed for foglights like the Morimotos. I have tried to have them compare the Morimotos to the JW Speaker 6145 LEDs and the BMW X5 fogs with no avail.

If anybody in the Oklahoma City area in the next few weeks have a Morimoto set, I would love to set up a time to do comparison shots of the output and beam patterns of them compared to the JW Speaker foglights. I should be getting them in within the next week or 2 and try to retrofit it in the Sierra OEM position.

Rigid now makes an SAE approved light that seems to have a nice cut off. I am interested to see which set is brighter. Rigid is claiming ~1700 lumens per side, while Morimoto is claiming 2400 per side.

I live in Norman, keep me in the loop on this. I am about ready to possibly change up the fog lights in my truck and am waiting until I see some of these comparisons.

Rigid now makes an SAE approved light that seems to have a nice cut off. I am interested to see which set is brighter. Rigid is claiming ~1700 lumens per side, while Morimoto is claiming 2400 per side.

From what I have seen, their beam pattern still is too narrow for fog lights but has kept the beam from going too high with an ok cutoff. They did improve on the design, but it still is not worth the price or bulk in my opinion.

I live in Norman, keep me in the loop on this. I am about ready to possibly change up the fog lights in my truck and am waiting until I see some of these comparisons.

Will do. What lights do you have or is it still stock?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived