LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

Yea thats the rigids

Did you have to tap in to any wires to hook them up?

That output is exactly what I'm looking for, I'm sold lol.

Edit* I see what you did there with the pics, disregard. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my D2 Driving beam set in with the brackets. I also ordered the snap on Amber lenses for them for better light in the snow and they will not fit on the light when in the bracket. You would have to grind out the bracket around the light to make room for the tabs on the lenses to fit. Just a FYI for anyone wanting to run lenses on there rigids.

I just got my D2 Driving beam set in with the brackets. I also ordered the snap on Amber lenses for them for better light in the snow and they will not fit on the light when in the bracket. You would have to grind out the bracket around the light to make room for the tabs on the lenses to fit. Just a FYI for anyone wanting to run lenses on there rigids.

Thanks for the heads up! I was actually planning to order a clear set for protection against rocks and anything else that could damage them

Mikey,

Where's the pix? Let's see a beam pattern. "Doctor, Doctor...I'm running out of patience" :crackup::thumbs:

Did you have to tap in to any wires to hook them up?

That output is exactly what I'm looking for, I'm sold lol.

Edit* I see what you did there with the pics, disregard. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thats the rigids

Post pics! That looks really promising!

2015 Denali 3500 DRW, Michelin ltx, 4x4

Alright, so I am going to start by saying I apologize for the bad output picture from last night but I was in a bit of a rush. My parents went down town last night and I ended up having to be a "taxi driver" for them for the night. I brought them downtown and came back home to install these lights real quick but had a limited time so I just put them somewhere simple for the time being so I could have them on, however I fixed that today by putting them in the position where the fog lights should go on the truck. See last picture for how the truck currently looks.

This is to show where I had the lights last night. I had them mounted to the bottom of my bullbar. Only down side to this is that it left the lights with a terrible vantage point so the output picture is not a good representation. 66644809-1550-4342-A165-019B23CA751A_zps

Output picture of just the pods shining down my driveway

631C4532-86B2-45EB-9A36-8AD25D67AE31_zps

Finished product from today. Will take some pictures as soon as it gets dark! I plan to go over to my family's furniture store later tonight and take some pictures in the back parking lot since there aren't any real bright lights so its a dark, open lot which makes it perfect for output pictures!

CCCDAF08-89AA-42B6-89B9-EDF402A37F16_zps

You nailed it! Can't wait for those night pics.Do you think they are capable of being mounted in oem location with modification? I don't have a bull bar so I'm looking for any ideas you have got...

You nailed it! Can't wait for those night pics.Do you think they are capable of being mounted in oem location with modification? I don't have a bull bar so I'm looking for any ideas you have got...

Check my last picture. I moved them to the OEM position

Mike,

It's dark. ...been dark in NJ for a while. ... :dunno:

Yes Spurshot. I have been on a date night. On my way to drop her off and then heading over to my usual parking lot to take output pictures. Should have some pictures up before the end of the night

Btw, my driver side is misaimed. Just short of grinding down a metal plate behind the bumper or grinding down the top of the pod, there's nothing I can really do. Someone hit me in a Home Depot parking lot during the summer when I was downtown for work (I don't work at Home Depot, I was there to pick stuff up for work) and my bumper is slightly out of shape now. Can't tell much so I ignore it. Plus the bullbar covers where the dent is so it doesn't bother me much. So my driver side light is slightly aimed high but it's as low as I can make it go for now. May find some way to fix it in the future.

Mike,

It's dark. ...been dark in NJ for a while. ... :dunno:

Here they are!

Fogs only

324F9527-E651-4309-8B5D-A1B798FFF5A8_zps

5-7 ft from wall

64730837-000C-4AD1-8C08-F131459568AE_zps

10ft from wall. This picture shows that the passenger side light is aimed slightly higher for the reason I mentioned earlier. This is why the lights look like they are aimed a bit higher in some pictures.

465211BF-4DE8-4691-BAED-6981BAD2F4AB_zps

Headlights only

EA78EFEE-D327-47E1-97E4-33DCE234FCAE_zps

9BA9B89A-3C69-4D85-95FB-9538EAA1C4E8_zps

Fogs only:

55BA31EF-E0CF-4415-84EF-CDB5347E5727_zps

Headlights only (on road)

DD5C42FD-AF97-49A7-AB47-C9EE74F3FF2B_zps

Headlights and fogs

F3501D5F-3BC7-4073-BBC9-BE78840BC041_zps

Headlights only:

AF2B7E1A-76CD-4D66-BC04-635DCDD51A52_zps

Headlights and fogs

2973E9AB-8F58-4388-A328-90B23F48F785_zps

These things in my opinion really aren't the brightest and most amazing option, especially compared to the D2 Driving lights I had in the fogs before this, HOWEVER, they do add a good bit of light for around 30-50 ft infront of the truck before getting drowned out by the headlights. Also, if you ever have anything happen to your headlights, these can be used as a sufficient headlight if needed.

Also I performed a few tests since I know that mine are aimed a bit high. I drove down a few 2 lane roads tonight to see if I would get flashed with these lights on. So I ran down the road with just my headlights on as a control test, no flashes, then I ran back down the road with my headlights and fog lights on, no flashes except from someone in a dropped truck, and I mean damn near scraping the ground kinda dropped. And then finally, I drove down the same road once again with my sunglasses on and high beams on and my fog lights off and got flashed by almost everyone, including someone in a Jeep Wrangler with a 40" light bar on top. Thank God I had on my sunglasses cause that dude used the light bar to flash me.

I did these tests just to make sure that even though the passenger side light was aimed a bit high, I wouldn't be blinding anyone with the new fog lights.

I am really impressed with these lights.

Now would I do it again, yes I would probably purchase them again.

Would I recommend to a friend to purchase them? Yes, if they are looking for something to add a bit of light out front without blinding everyone else on the road

Do I feel that these are worth the money that Rigid wants? Eh, they could be a bit cheaper, but hey, with quality comes dollar signs.

Let me know what y'all think. If anyone wants any more pictures let me know and I can get them. Or if anyone has any questions, ask away!

I finished my fog light install they are not for driving in the fog any longer. I wanted some bright lights for rural night time use / off road. I bought these Rigid Industries D2 lights with the driving light pattern. They work great, I actually saw several deer the first time I tested them out.

I made a bracket that attached to the metal structure behind the bumper, and bolted the lights to that this way I can angle them how I want. I made a metal plate to fill in over the round hole, and screwed it in place.

I am very happy with how it came out.

new_fog1.jpg

new_fog2.jpg

new_fog_close.jpg

new_fog3.jpg

James

Hey, how did you mount the light to the metal structure so you can adjust the angle of the lights?

Here they are!

Fogs only

324F9527-E651-4309-8B5D-A1B798FFF5A8_zps

5-7 ft from wall

64730837-000C-4AD1-8C08-F131459568AE_zps

10ft from wall. This picture shows that the passenger side light is aimed slightly higher for the reason I mentioned earlier. This is why the lights look like they are aimed a bit higher in some pictures.

465211BF-4DE8-4691-BAED-6981BAD2F4AB_zps

Headlights only

EA78EFEE-D327-47E1-97E4-33DCE234FCAE_zps

9BA9B89A-3C69-4D85-95FB-9538EAA1C4E8_zps

Fogs only:

55BA31EF-E0CF-4415-84EF-CDB5347E5727_zps

Headlights only (on road)

DD5C42FD-AF97-49A7-AB47-C9EE74F3FF2B_zps

Headlights and fogs

F3501D5F-3BC7-4073-BBC9-BE78840BC041_zps

Headlights only:

AF2B7E1A-76CD-4D66-BC04-635DCDD51A52_zps

Headlights and fogs

2973E9AB-8F58-4388-A328-90B23F48F785_zps

These things in my opinion really aren't the brightest and most amazing option, especially compared to the D2 Driving lights I had in the fogs before this, HOWEVER, they do add a good bit of light for around 30-50 ft infront of the truck before getting drowned out by the headlights. Also, if you ever have anything happen to your headlights, these can be used as a sufficient headlight if needed.

Also I performed a few tests since I know that mine are aimed a bit high. I drove down a few 2 lane roads tonight to see if I would get flashed with these lights on. So I ran down the road with just my headlights on as a control test, no flashes, then I ran back down the road with my headlights and fog lights on, no flashes except from someone in a dropped truck, and I mean damn near scraping the ground kinda dropped. And then finally, I drove down the same road once again with my sunglasses on and high beams on and my fog lights off and got flashed by almost everyone, including someone in a Jeep Wrangler with a 40" light bar on top. Thank God I had on my sunglasses cause that dude used the light bar to flash me.

I did these tests just to make sure that even though the passenger side light was aimed a bit high, I wouldn't be blinding anyone with the new fog lights.

I am really impressed with these lights.

Now would I do it again, yes I would probably purchase them again.

Would I recommend to a friend to purchase them? Yes, if they are looking for something to add a bit of light out front without blinding everyone else on the road

Do I feel that these are worth the money that Rigid wants? Eh, they could be a bit cheaper, but hey, with quality comes dollar signs.

Let me know what y'all think. If anyone wants any more pictures let me know and I can get them. Or if anyone has any questions, ask away!

I don't think you could ask for anything more for "on road" purposes... Thanks for figuring this one out.

Mike,

....taxi service for your parents, ....dates.... get your priorities straight, man. This is truck mod stuff we're talking about here.

On this date thing...remember, "no pix, it didn't happen". We need some pix. :D

And thanks for posting the pics of your install of the DOT approved Rigids. They look exactly like they should. Very useful light for those common "in-between" situations that many of us city dwellers find ourselves in. :thumbs:

I don't think you could ask for anything more for "on road" purposes... Thanks for figuring this one out.

They are pretty good for those On-road situations. Never blinded anyone with the driving I did. And with how late I did it everyone's eyes would've been adjusted to night. So any light that could be considered blinding, would've been.

Mike,

....taxi service for your parents, ....dates.... get your priorities straight, man. This is truck mod stuff we're talking about here.

On this date thing...remember, "no pix, it didn't happen". We need some pix. :D

And thanks for posting the pics of your install of the DOT approved Rigids. They look exactly like they should. Very useful light for those common "in-between" situations that many of us city dwellers find ourselves in. :thumbs:

Haha nah, I don't think any pictures of the date night are necessary. Didn't take any. We just went to dinner and a movie. I will say we went to Taken 3 though. Not as good as the first 2.

Yes they are good for the "in-between" situations for us city goers. Honestly, I think I personally was wanting a bit more, in terms of what I'm not sure. Just with how bright the D2 driving lights were I think I was expecting these to be a bit brighter. But they are great for what they are designed as, a fog light.

@Mike1220 how do they match up with the LED and 55w HID's? Do they all look about the same color?

No match. These actually seem almost more of a cool white than other bars are. Like they have a bit more of a blue hue to them. So they don't match the DRLs or my headlights at all. I have some 5000K LMZ LED headlights coming in at the end of the month. I'm hoping that matches the DRLs or the pods. Only time will tell.

Archived