Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Experience with these?

OPT7 Boltzen AC CANbus HID Kit • 5x Brighter - 6x Longer Life - All Colors and Sizes • Simple DIY Install - 2 Yr Warranty - Bulbs and Ballasts [9012 - 5K Pure White Xenon Light] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UIVFOWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_R-vixb7B2FR84

Sent from my iPhone

I recall seeing a post somewhere on the forum where someone is using them and liked them. Can't find the post right now.

That is a HID kit.

Plug and play kit for not skilled truck owners is what intrigues me.

Sent from my iPhone

HID vs. LED, which one will be more trouble-free?

Seems the LED bulb kits are easily installed. That's what I'm leaning towards, just which ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't done anything yet myself.

Has anyone tried the Putco Silver Lux kit?

http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?action=ProductView&Product=605C7E19-E1DB-1D81-E03D-E8BC3DE26C29&Category=2D6754BD-9BE8-C408-AE66-FD8037D1078D&bulbtypeid=B8162107-9CE5-4CCE-9177-8382ADA462BF

The LED kit from BPS Performance or OPT7 is what I've been thinking of trying.

Has anyone had issues with the type that have the fans, or better to go with the heat sink type?

So I see a lot of people running LED headlight kits but a wondering if I didn't want a kit would regular H11 LED bulbs work? Currently looking at these for fog lights but they also offer just a bulb for the H11. Wondering what the thoughts were

http://www.protuninglab.com/2p9090h11hb3.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140843039578

Has no one installed the OPT7 or BPS?

On page 47, electroflier & Sierra Jon have said they are using the BPS Performance LED's. Start at post# 698.

I'd like to hear feedback from anyone using the BPS Performance G8 Cree XHP50 kit for our Sierras.

Update on the Morimoto HID kit: No issues at all, no flickering, always come on first time. Install wasnt bad at all, just gotta get clever with where you hide your wires etc. They have a great customer service line for any questions or issues as well.

I installed the BPS G7 LED headlight kit about two months ago, and haven't had any issues with them. They are bright and always turn on...you just have to test them for the correct polarity when installing. I also installed the morimoto led fog lights. The colour temperature of the two lights (BPS and Morimoto) match pretty well.

• Like 2

Still using BPS G7. Still satisfied, once I figured out the polarity issue and ditched the allen key that came with them (and stripped). Rotation is very important to get the right light output. And it's still not as good as HID but it's light-years ahead of the stock or updated halogen bulbs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Still using BPS G7. Still satisfied, once I figured out the polarity issue and ditched the allen key that came with them (and stripped). Rotation is very important to get the right light output. And it's still not as good as HID but it's light-years ahead of the stock or updated halogen bulbs.

No pun intended btw...

Curious to hear if this would help reduce the "light & dark spots".

I finally got around to grinding off most of the flare from the BPS bulbs (see my post #674). I've only done one side so far and ended up with some unexpected results. The grinding off does reduce the inverted "V" light and dark pattern a fair bit (it's still there), but somewhat surprisingly, the headlights have become MUCH brighter. It seems that the flare was really blocking some of the light output. The modified BPS bulbs more closely resemble the ones from Xenondepot (which have not flare at all). I'm going to get some pictures before I grind off the other one.

• Like 1

I finally got around to grinding off most of the flare from the BPS bulbs (see my post #674). I've only done one side so far and ended up with some unexpected results. The grinding off does reduce the inverted "V" light and dark pattern a fair bit (it's still there), but somewhat surprisingly, the headlights have become MUCH brighter. It seems that the flare was really blocking some of the light output. The modified BPS bulbs more closely resemble the ones from Xenondepot (which have not flare at all). I'm going to get some pictures before I grind off the other one.

Thanks for the update and can you also take a picture of the bulb itself after the flare has been ground off?

I inquired a while back to BPS about the possibility of the flare reducing the performance of their bulbs and they seemed to think it wouldn't have any effect on lighting-with your post of the light being brighter after removing the flare, they may have been proven wrong.

Edited by Shredzy

so those of you with LED high beams .. what are you using?

Each time I look up high beams I get 9005 which is correct but majority are describing them as DRLs, fog lights ... NOT high beams. And the reviews are more complaining not bright enough for a high beam.

Has no one installed the OPT7 or BPS?

Sent from my iPhone

I have the opt 7 led in my headlights (low beams). Install was straight forward, I had a lil trouble with the passenger side because I wasnt using the relay flip thing or whatever. lights are nice just need to adjust them after putting them in.