Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

I've got a 14' SLT as well and want to go the LED route. When ordering the BPS kit what all do I need?

Also, what fog's did you get to match? Thanks in advance! (links to purchase would be great too)

BPS Lighting 9012 Headlight Conversion LED Bulb Kit with Philips Lumileds LUXEON Zes 8000 Lumens/50W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANYJEOA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-Ph.xb14RE8J8

I ordered with CANBUS. I think they messaged me and asked me if I wanted them so I don't have the link.

Also I used OPT 7 for the fogs. I bought 4300k color but I'd go with 5000k if I were to do it again - I think it will match the BPS "6500k" better.

Honestly I would look around too to see if BPS or XD is making a newer 3 sided LED so the "dark spot" issue is remedied.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sierra Jon

I'd love it if someone would try these and report back...

GMC SIERRA 2014-2016 PLUG & PLAY BPS Lighting G8 LED Headlight Bulbs + Fog Light w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit 72W 12,000LM 6500K Cree Conversion Replacement Halogen Headlights 2 Yr Warranty 9012+5202 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I213T24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_E1h.xb25X3580

GMC SIERRA 2014-2016 PLUG & PLAY BPS Lighting G8 LED Headlight Bulbs + Fog Light w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit 72W 12,000LM 6500K Cree Conversion Replacement Halogen Headlights 2 Yr Warranty 9012+5202 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I213T24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_E1h.xb25X3580

I contacted BPS and asked about the G8 lights. They said that the G8's put out more lumens but the G7's are more rigid and have a better beam pattern. I went with the G7's. Thanks for the help, hope to post a review once i get them installed.

• Like 1

I contacted BPS and asked about the G8 lights. They said that the G8's put out more lumens but the G7's are more rigid and have a better beam pattern. I went with the G7's. Thanks for the help, hope to post a review once i get them installed.

I will say this - BPS customer service is fantastic.

With the G8 bulbs they use cooling fans and I don't think you can use the dust cover/cap with these as I believe they are longer than their G7 kit?

Edited by Shredzy

Honestly I would look around too to see if BPS or XD is making a newer 3 sided LED so the "dark spot" issue is remedied.

Forum member Electroflier(?) mentioned he ground off the flare on the tip of his BPS G7 bulb, said it made a noticeable difference. (Haven't seen any follow-up posts from him.)

Wonder if it would help eliminate the dark spot?

Edited by Shredzy

Forum member Electroflier(?) mentioned he ground off the flare on the tipoff his BPS G7 bulb, said it made a noticeable difference.

Wonder if it would help eliminate the dark spot?

Yea I should try that too.

• 3 weeks later...

So have you had good results with the BPS G7? I am between that and the Xenox Depot LED headlights. Xenox are $50 more, but it seems like I wouldn't need to order a CANBus for theirs. Could be wrong on that, just going off how the website reads.

i ordered a set of the bps g8s from amazon the h7 bulbs to fit in my aftermarket winjets excited about getting these in they were 80 bucks from amazon coming directly from bps but on bps website they are 180 bucks dont understand that , i will post a pic when installed, hope they work as expected. should be very bright, i like how you can adjust the bulb to get the perfect pattern

So have you had good results with the BPS G7? I am between that and the Xenox Depot LED headlights. Xenox are $50 more, but it seems like I wouldn't need to order a CANBus for theirs. Could be wrong on that, just going off how the website reads.

Comparing the BPS G7 with the XenonDepot 9012 Extreme LED bulbs, the G7's are rated at 4000 lumens each, the Extreme LED's at 3573.

You may want to contact XenonDepot to see if you can get by w/o the canbus modules. I know BPS recommends the use of them on our GMC's.

EDIT: I e-mailed Xenon Depot, they do recommend the use of the canbus modules also.

Link to XenonDepot 9012 kit: http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-Xtreme-LED-kit-p/xt-led-9012.htm

Edited by Shredzy

does anyone have any experience with the bps g8s

Take a look here and read the comments that the guy made after using the G8's in his 2015 Malibu with the dust caps on- sounds like they get a bit warm & failed. They use a fan for cooling.

His comments:

2 months ago

I've tried two ways. First, I heated the dust cover to create a more deep space. Result after few weeks the LED bulbs have overheated and burned. Second, I buy a silicone baking sheet to do two circles for create another style of dust cover to expose the fan of the LED bulb. But again after few weeks the LED bulbs have overheated and burned. I have only this problem in my projectors low beam. I think to a return on HID setup for my low beam or try another mark of LED.

Haven't read of any issues on the G7's.

Edited by Shredzy

Take a look here and read the comments that the guy made after using the G8's in his 2015 Malibu with the dust caps on- sounds like they get a bit warm & failed. They use a fan for cooling.

His comments:

2 months ago

I've tried two ways. First, I heated the dust cover to create a more deep space. Result after few weeks the LED bulbs have overheated and burned. Second, I buy a silicone baking sheet to do two circles for create another style of dust cover to expose the fan of the LED bulb. But again after few weeks the LED bulbs have overheated and burned. I have only this problem in my projectors low beam. I think to a return on HID setup for my low beam or try another mark of LED.

Haven't read of any issues on the G7's.

I heard this as well. From what I understand the G8's are brighter but the G7's are more reliable. I've had mine in for 8 months now (I think) and have had no issues.