Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone had problems with there HID lights cutting out about 30 seconds after they cut on? mine will cut out if activated with the automatic on/off feature, truck running, but if i manually cut them on, TRUCK OFF or activate them with door unlock feature they work fine?

has anyone had problems with there HID lights cutting out about 30 seconds after they cut on? mine will cut out if activated with the automatic on/off feature, truck running, but if i manually cut them on, TRUCK OFF or activate them with door unlock feature they work fine?

Yes if you didn't install Can Bus adapters.

I heard this as well. From what I understand the G8's are brighter but the G7's are more reliable. I've had mine in for 8 months now (I think) and have had no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just bought some G7 . And installed them last night . They have a nice color but not sure I like how the light gets shown . I'll post pics against my garage tomorrow . But they seem to have a lot of empty spots .and they shut off randomly while I was driving . Going to contact seller on amazon and see if maybe it's a bad set. [emoji53]

Just bought some G7 . And installed them last night . They have a nice color but not sure I like how the light gets shown . I'll post pics against my garage tomorrow . But they seem to have a lot of empty spots .and they shut off randomly while I was driving . Going to contact seller on amazon and see if maybe it's a bad set. [emoji53]

I have had the same issues with a set of G5's occasionally going out until the next ignition cycle or coming back on a short while later, despite them being plug and play I will be wiring them up using a separate harness/relay once the capacitor I have on order arrives!

I have had the same issues with a set of G5's occasionally going out until the next ignition cycle or coming back on a short while later, despite them being plug and play I will be wiring them up using a separate harness/relay once the capacitor I have on order arrives!

Let know if that works . I emailed them last night I'll see what they say .

That sucks you guys are having issues... Once I figured out you needed to reverse the polarity it worked fine since.

Is that the harness connector u have to flip it upside down ?

See my posts on page 66/67.

The polarity needs to be reversed on the bulb side of the CANBUS.

BPS customer service was great during this process. Also I talked about the collar adjustment screw being stripped but it wasn't. It was just the crappy allen key provided.

See my posts on page 66/67.

The polarity needs to be reversed on the bulb side of the CANBUS.

BPS customer service was great during this process. Also I talked about the collar adjustment screw being stripped but it wasn't. It was just the crappy allen key provided.

Did you reverse the polarity on just x1 lamp or both and if just on x1 which side?

Thx

Did you reverse the polarity on just x1 lamp or both and if just on x1 which side?

Thx

Both sides are the same. Both reversed on the bulb side of the CANBUS.

Did you position the bulbs so the diodes are at the "3 & 9 like on a clock"? This seems to make a big difference.

I have a set of G7's but haven't installed yet.

Edited by Shredzy

Did you position the bulbs so the diodes are at the "3 & 9 like on a clock"? This seems to make a big difference.

I have a set of G7's but haven't installed yet.

I called bps and geat cuatomer sercice and I moved them now to 3 and 9 o'clock just hadn't had a chance to drive at night been at work will try tonight . And also will see if they shut off randomly or not .
  • Like 2

So today I finally got the chance to install the G7's but instead pf going plug and play I used a separate relay and harness with the reverse connected morimoto capacitor as per the boys over in the HID thread and all I can say is flawless! the light output is really hard to tell from the HID's I had in previous.

Yes it was a little bit of extra work but imo worth it.

• Like 1