Tailgate Theft / Additional Locks?

I never locked mine once, yesterday was the first time my key met my tailgate lock.. The reason? I had just installed my G4 Elite Fold a Cover and locked everything down.. By the way, that is an amazing cover.. so nice!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't lock mine.

17 years in insurance and never had one claim for a stolen tailgate (in the northeast). Plus I carry a $0 comp deductible so not an issue other than the hastle.

Supposedly there's a tailgate theft epidemic in the Houston Texas area if you're lucky enough to live there!

Is this on a '14? I tried the same thing but I can't get it to tighten down enough with the tapered hinge.

I ordered mine directly from McGard. It came with an adaptor sleeve to be used when installed on 2014's. Perfect fit!

Enough! I just went through and cleared out all this debate over defense of property laws. Next person who brings it up is gone for three days.

Checked with Mcgard, they said that for the '14 I need an adapter sleeve. She is sending me one free of charge. Interesting that you have to call to get one though.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just order my McGard tailgate lock today. They are offering free shipping and 10% off if you use discount code APR10

This is good until the end of April.

Archived