What stuff always stays in your vehicles?

loganbent

We all have those items that we always have in the car/truck/suv floating in the back, under a seat or in a toolbox like jumper cables, oil, some tools, umbrella etc. Some would call it your car Every Day Carry (EDC) bag or something along those lines, the things you generally don't want to need but are glad you've got them if you(or someone else) needs them.

What do YOU keep in your vehicles, and how are you organizing it? I've normally kept it stuck behind/under the seat of my '90 regular cab truck or in the spare tire well of my Cadillac, but with the new truck I'm trying to organize it and keep it a little cleaner and more compact.

For me most of my stuff is going to go into either (1) or (2) bags like the one shown below, rough bag dimensions are 19x9x6", military style mechanic/tanker tool bag made of heavy canvas and will likely live in the bed around the wheel wells(have a hard cover), $15 bucks off Amazon and have pretty good reviews. Some basic tools, ratchet straps, recovery strap, first aid kit, towing related items may get their own bag. Planning on getting a small organizer to go in the console to store the commonly used cab items that tend to just flow between the center console and the glovebox

post-125682-0-40741100-1388625116_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toolbox - 3 ton jack, tarps, bag of ratchet straps, wrenches, fire extinguisher, snow brushes, fold up shovel, helmet (work), misc tools, jumper cables, 2 tow straps

Cab - flashlights, blankets, sunglasses, pens, first aid kit

Ryan

Multi-tool, knife with seat belt cutter and glass breaker, tool box in bed (don't lock right now), tool box in backseat (filled to the breaking point), bin for jumper cables and rags, spare change, knife, insurance card, and registration

Tarp, random assorted stuff in the bed of my truck, all sorts of tools in my tool box ranging from a drill to a saw to a high lift jack. Shotgun with ammo. Big bowie knife. Usually a jacket of some kind and some toilet paper an shoes/socks/a shirt

Aviators, brush, iPod, headphones, safety glasses, boyfriends aviators, pocket knife, utility knife, razor blades, "girl stuff", maglite, socket set, amp, oversized sub box, brush and jacket for winter, ratchet strap, tow strap, 3 ball hitch

Sent from the toilet

I don't carry as much as I should especially considering I have the saddle bags with the avalanche.

I usually have a knife, sunglasses, hitch with 2" ball, jumper cables, a poncho, towel, snow brush/ice scraper, some antifreeze and oil. I should throw my toolset in there but haven't.

Big knife, sun shade, sunglasses, little knife, LED mini mag, fleece blanket, hitch, old spice, carmex, mints, ice brush/scraper, towstrap. Little toolbox with pliers, tape, fuses, tire stem tool, tire plugs, ratchet straps. Assorted chargers and cables. I need some new jumper cables.

Air compressor, 1/4 socket set, 3/8 socket set, sae and metric, 2- adjustable wrenches, pliers, star wrench set, hex wrench set, sae and metric, star sockets, extra heater hose clamps, extra heater hose quick connects with removal tool, 15 ft. 10,000 lb. tow strap, battery cables, 4 ft. guy wire to okie fix something that breaks, screwdriver socket with assorted bits, 4 ft. bendable rod for helping others, locked out of car, detailed map of local area and state, service manual, road flares, bungie cords, ratchet straps, led mag-light, first aid kit, rain poncho, extra serpentine belt, long pry bar, gloves, all under the seats in a single cab truck.

I keep a tote in the truck bed. I have jumper cables, ratchet straps, a tarp, trailer hitch, gloves and a few bungees. I'm thinking about adding some boots change of socks, one or two of those survival blankets, and an extra stocking cap & coat. In the cab I always have my iPod, sunglasses, a holster to put my carry piece in and another couple holsters if I need to strap it on if I don't have my usual holster on.

In bed my craftsman tool box with about 300 lbs of hand tools, a chicken box with extendaball for the B&W tow strap, jumper cables and ratchet straps 4 large 4 small. Dealt tool bag with bits drivers 3/8 18 volt drill, 1/2 in drive 18 volt impact. Underseat is a rain suit umbrella extra coat tire chains tarp and extra bullits. :jester:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived