What and Where do you always carry in your truck.

14 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

Under Hood

- Ratchet straps

- jumper cables

Could you tell me / show me more about your underhood storage?

I've considered using the second battery tray for a storage box, but have yet to implement anything there. 

Drivers door cd's(never use but dont know what to do with them) and a refillable spray bottle car freshener 
Glove box insurance and registration,wheel lock,map
Console cables tablet headrest mount, tactical knife and gun, pen, owner's manual in case, HPT, dental picks and change
Front console led controler and more cable hard wired to truck. 
Back under seat sub box with stainless hitch behind it
MOST IMPORTANT all back seat has dog cover cover everything but doors and can still get kids seats in. Has cargo pockets with dog leashes and poop bag. 
Oh bed has BakFlip F1 and under it moving blanket ,cardboard, tie down strap, double loops, bike cable lock, and sometimes a 2×4. 
What dog cover is that? I need one that works with kid seats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Drivers door cd's(never use but dont know what to do with them) and a refillable spray bottle car freshener 
Glove box insurance and registration,wheel lock,map
Console cables tablet headrest mount, tactical knife and gun, pen, owner's manual in case, HPT, dental picks and change
Front console led controler and more cable hard wired to truck. 
Back under seat sub box with stainless hitch behind it
MOST IMPORTANT all back seat has dog cover cover everything but doors and can still get kids seats in. Has cargo pockets with dog leashes and poop bag. 
Oh bed has BakFlip F1 and under it moving blanket ,cardboard, tie down strap, double loops, bike cable lock, and sometimes a 2×4. 
What dog cover is that? I need one that works with kid seats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

I've considered using the second battery tray for a storage box, but have yet to implement anything there. 

Here’s a thread with a couple ideas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

I put a bigger battery on the RV and had the old box left over. Wanted to get oNE out of a 90s truck, but I had this wasting space. It has worked for year's and the straps are under the cables. Came in handy a few times. Not for me, but the people who always ask if I have any cables.

20181214_084637.jpg

• Like 1

Center Console: USB stick, pens, four wheeler spare key, headphones, badge.

Lower Console: GPS, Scan tool, Binoculars.

Doors: Microfiber cloths, snot rag, screwdriver set, flashlights, light ice crampons, air fresheners.

Rear Seat: Cleaning kit, tire shine, duster, blanket, GB40 battery booster, cheap binoculars for people to use.

Bed Toolbox: all kinds of straps, bug repellent, flashlight, shovel, extra antifreeze, washer fluid, pillow, tarp, tool set, jumper cables, lug wrench thing, crowbar, hatchets, mallet, various elastic cords,

I like to be prepared [emoji16]

Hopefully a jack for Christmas since the scissor ones are crap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

Just wonder what others Keep in their truck.  I'm pretty minimalist so mines a pretty short list. 

Driver door pocket- Gloves, toque, handfull of napkins, Microfiber cloth.

Center console - insurance and registration, flashlight,cheapo tire pressure gauge, knife, usb cable and a thumbdrive full of music(in the usb ports)

Ash tray - Remote for interior leds

Under pasenger seat - pack of 8 ratchet straps i picked up.

Under Rear seat - snow brush

Plan on picking up a 4in1 hitch and a tow strap after christmas.  (taking recommendations on tow strap)

Ash tray... Haven't heard that in awhile.

Edited by Jimmyc!

From Memory...

Console: bunch of cds, pens, paper, lighters, fire starter.

drivers door: dog treats, leashes, poop bags

glove box: registration & owners manual

bed/footlocker: packing blanket, umbrella, 4 way, hitch ball, tow straps, ratchet straps, bungee cords, jumper cables, 0w-20 oil, crescent wrenches

Depending in the season (hunting vs fishing) there can be lots of other items that come and go.  

1 hour ago, Jimmyc! said:

Ash tray... Haven't heard that in awhile.

"Smoker package"

Got a laugh out of that one. Can't even get a lighter in the truck any more. I used that to light countless fireworks.

Keep in mind there are straps designed for lifting and straps designed for pulling - see examples below: ( Heavy duty examples )

8" x 20' Nylon Recovery Strap/Tow Strap with Cordura Eyes, Made in USA

·  Heavy duty nylon Recovery / Tow Strap for vehicles weighing 21,300 lbs. or less.

·  Strap eyes reinforced with tough Cordura fabric to resist wear and abrasion

·  Width = 8 inches, Length = 20 feet, Assembly Break Strength: 64,000 lbs, Working Load Limit: 32,000 lbs.

·  100% domestic - webbing made in the USA, sewn in the USA.

·  Can be used for both recovery AND towing applications

·  Heavy duty nylon Recovery / Tow Strap for vehicles weighing 21,300 lbs. or less.

·  Strap eyes reinforced with tough Cordura fabric to resist wear and abrasion

·  Width = 8 inches, Length = 20 feet, Assembly Break Strength: 64,000 lbs, Working Load Limit: 32,000 lbs.

·  100% domestic - webbing made in the USA, sewn in the USA.

·  Can be used for both recovery AND towing applications

https://www.amazon.com/Nylon-Recovery-Strap-Cordura-Eyes/dp/B003Y8LUWM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544883802&sr=8-3&keywords=made+in+usa+tow+strap

DD Sling (USA Made). Many Sizes in Listing! 4" x 20', 2 Ply Twisted Eye, Nylon Lifting Slings, Eye & Eye, Heavy Duty (900 webbing), 11,500 lbs Vertical, 9,200 Choker, 23,000 Basket Capacity (4" x 20')

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0189DKMNY/?coliid=I3CQ4MPOYOBK6F&colid=EH462CXEB9SS&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Edited by 14GMCZ71

Per US Cargo Control: - FYI

There IS a difference between recovery straps and tow straps! Most tow straps are made of polyester and should NOT be used to recover stuck vehicles. High-performance recovery straps from US Cargo Control are made from industrial-grade nylon webbing, which has a higher stretch value than polyester and therefore CAN be used as BOTH a tow strap and recovery strap. The memory of the nylon webbing creates a rubber band effect and helps to "snap" your vehicle unstuck. We recommend choosing a strap with a break strength that is 2 times the weight of the vehicle you are trying to tow or recover. INSTRUCTIONS: wrap strap around a frame point on the stuck vehicle, and thread the strap through the eye of the other end to choke the frame. The vehicle doing the towing or recovering should have a hook or shackle (with a higher Break Strength than your strap) on which to securely attach the other end of the strap. To ensure the safety of our customers, straps from US Cargo Control contain Red Alert Yarns sewn into the body of the webbing to give a warning if the strap has weakened. When the Red Alert Yarns start to show, the load bearing yarns have become compromised, meaning the strap is no longer fit for use. Also, the eyes of our recovery straps are reinforced with a highly abrasion-resistant fabric called Cordura, to extend the strap's life and prevent damage at its wear points. (Eyes made solely from nylon can wear down quickly from rubbing up against tow hooks and shackles.) So don't wait until after your vehicle is stuck - Have a quality recovery strap from US Cargo Control on hand, and be prepared with the best strap on the market for towing and recovery applications.

Glove boxes, extra straws and napkins. Little compartment under the radio (no center console) I keep a microfiber cloth for potential spills or wiping the rain off me and my door panels if needed.

I keep all the essentials in my bed under the tonneau cover. Back there I have a large plastic container where I have my jumpers, tools, straps (tow and cargo), emergency kit, dogs leash and treats, moving blankets, etc.

I also have a aluminum truck box where I put scrap metals until I collect enough to drop them off.

Edited by jaxcam02