2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I am overwhelmed by the amount of options available; anyone not happy with their decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, it's almost a full time job trying to decide which cover to go with. I thought I had my mind up several times, only to change it after thinking more about it.

I've been happy so far with my Retrax. It's on the pricey side, but I'm expecting it to last me for quite some time.

If it's been 3.5 years, then it's out of warranty no matter which Bakflip model you have. The only lifetime warranty cover that Bak Industries makes is the one they make for LINE-X dealers.

yeah, I get it just a shame that in just that short of time it begins a to self destruct. I'm am very easy on the truck and cover and the weird part is my invoice said VP but is not a smoothie vinyl too. It's the panelized fiberglass type.

• Like 1

I am overwhelmed by the amount of options available; anyone not happy with their decision?

Based on my experience of having both a BakFlip and now a Fold-a-cover. I had no issues that would have prevented me from buying another.

My best piece of advice is get a Bak or a Fold-a-cover. Between the two.. get whichever one you can get the best deal on :thumbs:

Based on my experience of having both a BakFlip and now a Fold-a-cover. I had no issues that would have prevented me from buying another.

My best piece of advice is get a Bak or a Fold-a-cover. Between the two.. get whichever one you can get the best deal on :thumbs:

I appreciate the feedback and I will take a look at both of the items you mentioned. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

I'm looking for a tonneau cover but don't want to spend a lot on it. I came across this and was wondering if this would be a good buy?

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/bed-products/2016-silverado-1500-tonneau-cover-sport-roll-soft-roll/19332692-p-92286246.html

what are you looking for in a cover? depending on those answers, there might be a better option out there for you.

• Like 1

what are you looking for in a cover? depending on those answers, there might be a better option out there for you.

I think I want a soft roll up. I just want a cover that will let me keep stuff in my bed without them being visible. I'm not after the best tonneau cover out there, something practical for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think I want a soft roll up. I just want a cover that will let me keep stuff in my bed without them being visible. I'm not after the best tonneau cover out there, something practical for the price.

Those roll-ups aren't going to offer much in the way of protection, plus I'm not a fan of the velcro system.

But you might take a look at this one if you wanted the velcro roll up.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/tonnopro-loroll-tonneau-cover

And obviously, there a lot of options for soft roll up depending on your budget.

Edited by bndawgs

Those roll-ups aren't going to offer much in the way of protection, plus I'm not a fan of the velcro system.

But you might take a look at this one if you wanted the velcro roll up.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/tonnopro-loroll-tonneau-cover

And obviously, there a lot of options for soft roll up depending on your budget.

I know the soft roll up won't offer much protection and I'm ok with that. I won't be keeping expensive items back there, mainly groceries and what not. That tonneau cover is exactly what I'm looking for. I might have to pick this one up. Thanks.

I know the soft roll up won't offer much protection and I'm ok with that. I won't be keeping expensive items back there, mainly groceries and what not. That tonneau cover is exactly what I'm looking for. I might have to pick this one up. Thanks.

If you go with that one or another one from autoanything, do the online chat and ask them if they can do any better on the price. oftentimes they'll give you an additional 10% or so.

Edited by bndawgs

If you go with that one or another one from autoanything, do the online chat and ask them if they can do any better on the price. oftentimes they'll give you an additional 10% or so.

Geez thanks man! I'll definitely do that.

If you've seen my previous posts (past few days) i guess you could say I was very unhappy with both the Bakflip hard cover delaminating and with Thierry customer service as they do not even reply.