2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Have a Leer 700 going on 10 years now - looks great - very weather tight - sucks when you want to haul something. I have never taken it off - how could you without 4 strong men and a boy or a crane. Managed to haul washer and dryer 150 miles (on the tail gate) - Couch (on the tail gate) - Yard branches and brush (a pain) - V-8 engine (cherry picker) - U get the idea......... A queen bed and box spring - forget it with the cover on. Had it listed on Craigslist recently no luck - decided to buy a new truck - that will get rid of it. :banghead:

Bro has that BakFlip or something like it that rests against the cab when folded - Really!? Non starter there........

That Tyger looks like a cheaper version of the better cloth canvas Extang's Trifecta Tri-Fold Tonneau. The Extang is what I have my eye on next - Only weighs 35# - easily removed - or folded flat behind cab. A buddy always gets that one on his new rigs......

Heck I am thinking the new factory spray-on bed-liner with Chevy logo on the front panel will be worth showing off - So want a cover I can have off most of the time.

http://www.extang.com/trifecta-signature-pickup-truck-soft-tri-fold-tonneau-covers.html

Also have seen that DiamondBack on a truck in real life - Tough looking - seriously considering it too - there again not that easily removed........... Look what you can haul on top of it!

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/hd/

Edited by Krusty

I purchased a Retrax Pro MX from TonneauCoversWorld.com. Free shipping FedEx, no tax and a good price due to a sale. If you want the discounted price you need to initiate a chat session to get the low $$. The product arrived at my door in less than a week. Ordered it on Monday and arrived on Friday. The cover is very well made and fits like a glove I opted for the wide rails that cover the stake pockets, yes others will say this is a bad choice. Some forum members have stated the ability to lock in any position stops working after time, however when I looked at the locking tabs it appears they are easy to adjust if needed with a open end wrench and allen wrench. The MX has a matte finish so it matches the rest of the black trim. The canister is pretty big but I look at the cover as making the bed of my truck more usable that it is without the cover. Before the cover I found myself putting many items in the back seat and thus my door panels show the scratches,

Have a Leer 700 going on 10 years now - looks great - very weather tight - sucks when you want to haul something. I have never taken it off - how could you without 4 strong men and a boy or a crane. Managed to haul washer and dryer 150 miles (on the tail gate) - Couch (on the tail gate) - Yard branches and brush (a pain) - V-8 engine (cherry picker) - U get the idea......... A queen bed and box spring - forget it with the cover on. Had it listed on Craigslist recently no luck - decided to buy a new truck - that will get rid of it. :banghead:

Bro has that BakFlip or something like it that rests against the cab when folded - Really!? Non starter there........

That Tyger looks like a cheaper version of the better cloth canvas Extang's Trifecta Tri-Fold Tonneau. The Extang is what I have my eye on next - Only weighs 35# - easily removed - or folded flat behind cab. A buddy always gets that one on his new rigs......

Heck I am thinking the new factory spray-on bed-liner with Chevy logo on the front panel will be worth showing off - So want a cover I can have off most of the time.

http://www.extang.com/trifecta-signature-pickup-truck-soft-tri-fold-tonneau-covers.html

Also have seen that DiamondBack on a truck in real life - Tough looking - seriously considering it too - there again not that easily removed........... Look what you can haul on top of it!

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/hd/

I have the Hard Top Extang ..... Yup its an easy on and off , its bulky .... but it comes with straps already on it . So , when folded its strapped together . Mine has not come off ,,,,, YET ! I have a landscape trailer for a reason .

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new BAKFlip F1, installed it and it looked great ... until it rained, leaked in at each fold area but not in the fold crease. The aluminum frame around the fiberglass panels leaked and were apparently not sealed.

I called BAKFlip who requested pictures and my receipt. Once they received that they called me and told me a new one was ordered and will be shipped to my house. It stinks to have a brand new product fail but it's nice to have good customer service.

For anyone interested in a Bakflip MX4.... I have a new job that requires me to get a camper shell on my truck, which sucks because I love this Bakflip. But now I can't use it, so if anyone is interested in a 5 month old cover in perfect shape for much lower price, send me a message and we can discuss it.