2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Snug Top is going to be MUCH more water tight than most other designs since it drops over the side of the truck bed. A lot of people do not like that type of bed cover because it is so hard to remove and does not completely open the bed up for full access. Color match looks good though and design is sleek. I went with a color matched Peragon a few months back and I do have to report that it does a good bit of leaking in heavy rains and at the carwash. It really is inherent to the design as the water cannot run off like it does on the Snug Top type design. Some leakage is not a issue for me as I keep my stuff in the bed in a plastic tub anyway. color match turned out well on it also. Kudos to Peragon for having a unique design.

Did not realize that my second pic did not attach. Color Match on the Peragon cover is awesome in the Crimson Red Tintcoat. Most hard shell or metal type covers can be color matched.

post-127028-0-87587500-1474850352_thumb.jpg
Plus look at the gas mileage with a nice Peragon cover on the truck
post-127028-0-28094300-1476485477_thumb.jpg

Edited by MyFavTruck
  • Like 1

I really wish there was a flip option that was 100% watertight.

My tonnopro hard fold is but, I'm guessing when you say 'flip' you want it to fold up against the cab. I really miss that from my undercover flex but, I really love having a dry bed all the time. For what it's worth I can easily take the tonno pro off and either leave it at home or set it up towards the front of the bed on end to have 'full bed access' plus I don't have any rails in my way shirking my bed on the sides. I do sometimes long for a roll up cover like the truxedo titanium more than anything but, I could buy two tonno pro hard folds for one of those.

My tonnopro hard fold is but, I'm guessing when you say 'flip' you want it to fold up against the cab. I really miss that from my undercover flex but, I really love having a dry bed all the time. For what it's worth I can easily take the tonno pro off and either leave it at home or set it up towards the front of the bed on end to have 'full bed access' plus I don't have any rails in my way shirking my bed on the sides. I do sometimes long for a roll up cover like the truxedo titanium more than anything but, I could buy two tonno pro hard folds for one of those.

I wouldn't necessarily mind not being able to fold it all the way up, but I see that the tonnopro covers the rails, which I wouldn't like. But I'm guessing that the covers that extend over the rails do a better job of keeping water out over the other ones that sit in between the bed rails.

I wouldn't necessarily mind not being able to fold it all the way up, but I see that the tonnopro covers the rails, which I wouldn't like. But I'm guessing that the covers that extend over the rails do a better job of keeping water out over the other ones that sit in between the bed rails.

That's pretty much what it boils down to, I'd prefer to not cover the rails either but, it means more to me to keep my bed dry..

• Like 1

Also with most of the ones that extend over the rails once you remove the tonneau there is nothing left attached to the inside edge of the bed rails. On the ones that keep the bed caps open you have to leave a rail mounted or clamped to the inside edge when you roll the cover up or remove it.

That is the main reason I bought a tri-fold that extends over the rails. I remove it a lot to haul things and I like being able to push stuff up against the inside edge of the rail and strap it tight.

Its been pouring out here for a while now. I have the MX4 from bakflip. Water has been getting in the bed, but not a huge amount. Considering I installed it myself, not sure if that's to be expected or if it was poor install job. Could also be that I park on uphill incline. Either way, it's not a lot of water. My priority was security and the ability to fold the cover, more than water tightness. With benefit of hindsight, I would still buy this cover. For my needs it's perfect. Still very solid and looks good. Just my experience for those of you that are looking for a water tight cover. Maybe double check with some other owners if water intrusion is a concern for you. These things aren't cheap, so you want to make sure you getting what you think you paid for.

Its been pouring out here for a while now. I have the MX4 from bakflip. Water has been getting in the bed, but not a huge amount. Considering I installed it myself, not sure if that's to be expected or if it was poor install job. Could also be that I park on uphill incline. Either way, it's not a lot of water. My priority was security and the ability to fold the cover, more than water tightness. With benefit of hindsight, I would still buy this cover. For my needs it's perfect. Still very solid and looks good. Just my experience for those of you that are looking for a water tight cover. Maybe double check with some other owners if water intrusion is a concern for you. These things aren't cheap, so you want to make sure you getting what you think you paid for.

where do you find the water getting in from?

I wouldn't be opposed to a little bit of water getting in, but i'd hate to be travelling and then end up with a ton of wet luggage or other items when i get to where i'm going.

Hi all, finally been doing some research for a tonneau for my 2014 Chevy Double Cab and have read through this entire thread. I was originally leaning towards a folding cover (Bak), but after really analyzing how I've used my bed over the past 2 years and what requirements were most important to me, I've narrowed it down to a couple of hard tops and the Diamondback SE. The most important tonneau requirements for me personally is to have it waterproof and have good security. I'm most likely to be carrying luggage, groceries, or guns/ammo for weekend trips to the range. I'd like to have piece of mind if I stop out at lunch without having to move range gear to the cab.

Mimicking other comments, I'd love to have a folding cover but they are not 100% waterproof. Even if they are for a while, I want my cover to last. I'd rather spend the $1200 now and not have to worry about the cover...aka replacing bulkhead seals and glue every few years. My research has led me to these main three covers...

Diamondback SE - This cover seems to have the best security and water resistance I've researched for a folding tonneau. I don't mind the rugged look, actually really like it. I also like the fact that I can fit longer or taller items in the bed, when in a pinch, by folding up the back panel. The seal around the tailgate looks really sturdy & beefy compared to some of the other rubber seals on other folding covers. Can those Diamondback owners (@ BSea, Jayridge88, etc..) comment on how the seal is holding up, especially as we are now entering cold winter weather?

Undercover Elite - this cover looks to be extremely waterproof and secure, but I'm loosing the ability to store something large/tall in the bed without having to run home and remove the cover. I've seen this cover on a couple of other trucks at work and it looks really slick.

Undercover Ridgelander - Don't think anyone has mentioned this hard tonneau before, probably because it's brand new. I think it was just showcased at SEMA 2016. Anyway, highly suggest people check it out. I'm very impressed with the design as it comes with two Rhino rack Vortex bars that you can customize for your specific load-out. Plus all of it is removable and you can just rock the slick hard cover (or no cover and just have the rails in place). I'd like to know if anyone out there has seen this or has this and can comment on how water tight it is.

No I'm not an undercover sales rep or anything, just happen to come across their website and have seen a couple of the Elites in our parking lot as stated before. Any recommendations or comments is welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bndawgs-

Looks like water mainly coming in from corners. I can see where the water is running down the sides of bed. But it's not a lot. Definitely not enough to effect any luggage. I have spray in liner, that requires a foam seal be taped on top of bed at bulkhead. I probably didn't take enough care to make sure the seal went all the way to edges.

Hi all, finally been doing some research for a tonneau for my 2014 Chevy Double Cab and have read through this entire thread. I was originally leaning towards a folding cover (Bak), but after really analyzing how I've used my bed over the past 2 years and what requirements were most important to me, I've narrowed it down to a couple of hard tops and the Diamondback SE. The most important tonneau requirements for me personally is to have it waterproof and have good security. I'm most likely to be carrying luggage, groceries, or guns/ammo for weekend trips to the range. I'd like to have piece of mind if I stop out at lunch without having to move range gear to the cab.

Mimicking other comments, I'd love to have a folding cover but they are not 100% waterproof. Even if they are for a while, I want my cover to last. I'd rather spend the $1200 now and not have to worry about the cover...aka replacing bulkhead seals and glue every few years. My research has led me to these main three covers...

Diamondback SE - This cover seems to have the best security and water resistance I've researched for a folding tonneau. I don't mind the rugged look, actually really like it. I also like the fact that I can fit longer or taller items in the bed, when in a pinch, by folding up the back panel. The seal around the tailgate looks really sturdy & beefy compared to some of the other rubber seals on other folding covers. Can those Diamondback owners (@ BSea, Jayridge88, etc..) comment on how the seal is holding up, especially as we are now entering cold winter weather?

Undercover Elite - this cover looks to be extremely waterproof and secure, but I'm loosing the ability to store something large/tall in the bed without having to run home and remove the cover. I've seen this cover on a couple of other trucks at work and it looks really slick.

Undercover Ridgelander - Don't think anyone has mentioned this hard tonneau before, probably because it's brand new. I think it was just showcased at SEMA 2016. Anyway, highly suggest people check it out. I'm very impressed with the design as it comes with two Rhino rack Vortex bars that you can customize for your specific load-out. Plus all of it is removable and you can just rock the slick hard cover (or no cover and just have the rails in place). I'd like to know if anyone out there has seen this or has this and can comment on how water tight it is.

No I'm not an undercover sales rep or anything, just happen to come across their website and have seen a couple of the Elites in our parking lot as stated before. Any recommendations or comments is welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend has the Diamondback SE and he likes it. Says it's not 100% waterproof, but I'm wondering if it's all in how you install it with the rubber seals and whatnot? While there is the drawback of having to remove it in order to get tall items in the truck, that might be negated by being able to strap items down on top of the cover.

I might have to take another look at this cover. As Imcrazy said above, covering the rails might be a small sacrifice for extra water protection.

I put a BAK revolver x2 tonneau on my truck last week. It installed really easily. The hard part was getting it square (which wasn't hard.)

Since it has been raining off and on at my house for about 14 hours, I thought I'd see how leakproof it was. As you can see in the pictures, I got a little water in the corners. (The front corner picture looks worse than it really was because I rolled up the cover and the water on top ran in a bit.) Each corner had about the same amount of water. It's not a deal breaker for me, because I mostly just bought it for looks. But I may try to seal it up better in the future.

So far, I'm very happy with this tonneau!

Tonneau%201.jpg

15589602_10153982880712212_6984064696828

Tonneau%203.jpg

Tonneau%204.jpg

Edited by Riveted1

Where did you buy it from?

I think auto custom. Or direct from Diamondback , my wife made the purchase after I did the research. It was my early Christmas present. She said it was around $1,400 including tax for the black Linex cover.

I think auto custom. Or direct from Diamondback , my wife made the purchase after I did the research. It was my early Christmas present. She said it was around $1,400 including tax for the black Linex cover.

Wonder if the line-x place would charge more or less than the $300?