2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Very nice do you have pictures of the top? Is that the a- series? I ended up ordering the lomax. Let's see how it is when it comes in. I'll try to post here some pics and my opinions once I get the lomax. Never heard back from the other guy who said he got one. Was going to go with the mx4 but kind of liked how the lomax has less exposed rubber.

Not looking to spend a ton, $300-$400, for a tonneau cover. Based on the research that I have done, seems the Gator Roll up and the Truxedo Lo Pro fit the bill...I am looking for a low profile, and both of these sit about .5" above the bed. Any other that I should look at?

Thanks!

I've got the Truxedo Lo Pro QT on my truck and it works really well. It was on the truck when I bought it but no complaints from me about it's looks or function. I don't get any water in the bed and the snow and ice come off easily in the winter. I will swap it out for a hard tonneau at some point just for the added security when travelling or shopping but otherwise its good.

I'm looking for a foldable hard top that removes easily or folds up all the way for my ATV and and can open from the front and back. I've seen one that opens at both ends but it looked to be a pain to fully remove.

Guess I'll be the cheap guy guinnea pig. I bought a Tyger brand cheapo from amazon. $189 shipped to my door. 15 minutes later, had a low profile cover that's fairly waterproof. A small puddle the size of a sand dollar in one corner after the pressurized carwash. Even came with a magnetic light and 10 year warranty.

I look forward to hearing what you think about your new Lomax once you have it installed.

Very nice do you have pictures of the top? Is that the a- series? I ended up ordering the lomax. Let's see how it is when it comes in. I'll try to post here some pics and my opinions once I get the lomax. Never heard back from the other guy who said he got one. Was going to go with the mx4 but kind of liked how the lomax has less exposed rubber.

I bought one off of Amazon - a Tonno Pro tri-fold. 5 minute install. 4 clamps - 2 thumb screw-style in the front and 2 "J" hook clamps in the rear. Undo the 2 J clamps and it folds up and has a couple of clips to hold it open when you drive. Haven't had it in the rain yet, but it fits pretty good. 10 year warranty on everything. I like it better than the roll-up one I had on my S-10. We'll see how it holds up.

post-154007-0-43131300-1476452855_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well my MX4 was delivered yesterday and the only damage I can see on it is where during a previous shipping it was scratched. The panel that is scratched is on the bottom so I'll never see it. Unfortunately it has been raining since about 10 minutes before it was delivered which sucks cause it Would have been a nice rain to test out how water tight the cover is.

Where did you end up getting it from?

I got it from autoanything.com. It actually came in yesterday I unpacked it to get it ready to install today. One of the rails came scratched and unfortunately not on the bottom side. I'll be calling autoanything today to see what happens assuming they will send me a new rail. It was due to a poor design in how they are packing them they send you the hardware inside a small bag taped to one of the rails. Small plastic bag isn't enough to prevent Metal on metal contact and tape on painted surface not a good idea either.

post-163764-0-30073100-1476536356_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tiberivs

Sorry that happened to you....I'm sure it's a bummer not to get it installed today. Did you get a hold of customer support at Autoanything?

I got it from autoanything.com. It actually came in yesterday I unpacked it to get it ready to install today. One of the rails came scratched and unfortunately not on the bottom side. I'll be calling autoanything today to see what happens assuming they will send me a new rail. It was due to a poor design in how they are packing them they send you the hardware inside a small bag taped to one of the rails. Small plastic bag isn't enough to prevent Metal on metal contact and tape on painted surface not a good idea either.

• Like 1

Sorry that happened to you....I'm sure it's a bummer not to get it installed today. Did you get a hold of customer support at Autoanything?

Yea I sent them pictures let's see if they send me a replacement rail I noticed the rails don't show when the cover is closed so maybe I'll test it with this rail tomorrow and post pictures of it .