2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I put a BAK revolver x2 tonneau on my truck last week. It installed really easily. The hard part was getting it square (which wasn't hard.)

Since it has been raining off and on at my house for about 14 hours, I thought I'd see how leakproof it was. As you can see in the pictures, I got a little water in the corners. (The front corner picture looks worse than it really was because I rolled up the cover and the water on top ran in a bit.) Each corner had about the same amount of water. It's not a deal breaker for me, because I mostly just bought it for looks. But I may try to seal it up better in the future.

So far, I'm very happy with this tonneau!

Tonneau%201.jpg

15589602_10153982880712212_6984064696828

Tonneau%203.jpg

Tonneau%204.jpg

Mine is the Rev Up from the dealer which is basically the same thing as the BAK Revolver (probably made by them) and I had the same issue this weekend with it leaking slightly. It's been pretty cold here so I am hoping if we can get a semi warm day with some sun it will help lay the rubber gaskets down some more. It has only been on for 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to the forum and found this post exactly what i was looking for. After skimming thru and reading i decided to go with the truxedo low pro qt also grabbed the truxedo tonneau toolbox as well. Cant wait to see how the cover looks and fits.

I decided on the Revolver X2 from BAK. Install was straight forward, took a little bit of time to tweak the alignment for full lock engagement of the whole length of the tonneau cover. Washed the truck afterwards to see if I had any major water intrusion, only a few droplets. I've only had it a few days, but I am happy with it!!!

20161223_163458_zpselzmj9ap.jpg

Believe it or not but before I took it home I had the dealer install the GM OEM tri-fold soft tonneau that has the rubber flap overlapping the top of the tailgate. Couple of long rains here within the last two months, including one today that's ongoing, and it's been dryer than an old Death Valley horned toad.

New to this forum and this long post is very helpful to read up on different truck bed covers. In one way encouraged by the wealth of information but at the same time there are lots of different opinion preferences and no right answer that will fit everyone's needs :)

Does anyone have opinion between Extang Encore versus Extang Solid Fold 2.0?

I like the fact that with the Encore there is access to the front of the bed with lock and that cover can be accessed with tailgate up unlike the Solid Fold.

Originally was leaning towards Foldacover G4 Elite with its front bed access but then saw negative comments and still trying to evaluate of all the choices out there.

Did not realize that my second pic did not attach. Color Match on the Peragon cover is awesome in the Crimson Red Tintcoat. Most hard shell or metal type covers can be color matched.

Plus look at the gas mileage with a nice Peragon cover on the truck

I really love the whole concept of this cover overall and it looks great! However, it seems that if had a box or something that shifted forward that the cover wouldn't retract because there is now something in the way. Am I wrong? With the Backflip that isn't an issue.

New to the forum and found this post exactly what i was looking for. After skimming thru and reading i decided to go with the truxedo low pro qt also grabbed the truxedo tonneau toolbox as well. Cant wait to see how the cover looks and fits.

I ended up finding a tonnopro tri fold cover in great shape just little dirty for $150 so I grabbed that and cancelled the order for the truxedo cover and box. Cover is a little loose towards the gate area but I just need to adjust it some

Installed my Diamondback se on my 2016 Silverado last week. I went with the Diamondback because it is a completely different look than anything else on the market. I live in northern Indiana somewhat close to a large GM truck assembly plant. I see tons of GM trucks every day and have yet to see another Diamondback cover. I like the fact that it makes my truck stand out. Several random people have stopped me and asked about the cover in the last week.

The cover came very nicely packed and in perfect condition. I basically installed it by myself in two hours. I would ask for help if I did it again. Two people would be much easier. Even by myself it was relatively easy but a little cumbersome when it comes to getting it tightened down correctly.

The look is even better than I anticipated. I really like the Linex black coating. It really makes the cover pop and really makes you feel like the cover will outlast the truck.

The only little issue I have is the alignment of the cover. The middle piece is a little wider than the outter pieces. You don't really notice it from afar but if you are looking closely you can see it. If you are a perfectionist this could definitely bother you.

I installed the cover with a block of ice in the back and it just melted so I can't really speak of the water proofing qualities at this point. I also have not yet installed the tailgate seal. I would think it would seal pretty well as it is a very basic design. Large rubber seals all the way around and 4 pieces of seal on the middle bracket. I think the key to any of these covers is to seal the tailgate. The tailgate on most of these GM trucks have gaps and you will always have issues with water unless you seal it up. Especially if you frequently use spray car washes.

I plan on getting some pictures and an update on the waterproofing soon.

I have mx4. Removes easy enough. Just 2 knobs you turn and remove. But takes more time putting it back on and making sure it's square. Not something you'd want to do often. I like the cover. Good security. Mine doesn't have a great seal. Water gets in during rains.

I have the Extang Trifecta Signature Series with a knife cut about 1.5" long, does anyone have a repair method they would recommend?

Arson,

Contact Extang directly from their web site, perhaps with a photo. and see what they say.

• Like 1

Arson,

Contact Extang directly from their web site, perhaps with a photo. and see what they say.

Yes try this. They are pretty good about covering their warranty. You may get lucky and get a brand new cover!