2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I put my Bakflip MX4 and Bedrug Tailgate rug on today. No full bedrug, because in a month or two I will put a bedslide in.

I like the bed rug on the tailgate. I have a Revolver X2 tonneau and have been wanting to protect the tailgate somehow.

• Like 1

I like the bed rug on the tailgate. I have a Revolver X2 tonneau and have been wanting to protect the tailgate somehow.

Thank you. Even though I have only had it a few days I am very impressed with the tailgate rug. When I read that it attached with Velcro I was worried that it wouldn't be strong enough, but this is not light duty Velcro. Fourteen tabs of the heavy duty hook and loop attaches it very powerfully. Fit is perfect and it couldn't be easier to install.

This is how the Undercover Elite LX turned out . A little heavy on the coin but worth it . They're running

a $100 rebate on it right now . Sorry the pic isn't great .attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

Got one myself on my 2017 Denali 1500 and I'm loving it looks like it was made to be there from the factory. Had to get mine painted at a shop. dark slate metallic.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i bought my truck used and it came with the backflip vp. I know it is hard to see from this pic, but wanted to know if anyone has had this one for several years? How well does the vinyl cover hold up over time? is it going to fade out, dry up,crack and flap in the wind? it looks just like the regular backflip g2 from the underside from what i can tell.

i would just hate for it to start looking like a ragged out convertible top like you see on cars flopping around going down the highway.

maybe i'm way over thinking it...i do park it in the garage fyi

Justin%20Sonoma%20Red%20Metalic_zpsojlby

update...2 years later the bakflip has completely fallen apart.

the rubber joints/gaskets at each folding section have lost their seals..exposing what the cover is made of...styrofoam and two really really thing pieces of aluminum...

damn glad i didn't buy this as it was already on the truck when i bought it.

i like the low profile cover...anyone have another product they would recommend?

• Like 1

the rubber joints/gaskets at each folding section have lost their seals..exposing what the cover is made of...styrofoam and two really really thing pieces of aluminum...

i like the low profile cover...anyone have another product they would recommend?

I can recommend the Access Lorado ROLL-UP cover... Had mine just shy 3 years and it looks and operates like day 1... Its adjustable but I have not needed to do so... Access has a Good, Better, Best system for the Low Profle and Normal Covers... The Lorado is The Best Low Profile... My brother in Law just bought one from Amazon for his Ram and payed in the $370 range... I paid $420 for mine installed 3 years ago... It does flutter a bit but is not noisy at all and I am pretty sure all roll ups flutter... 99% water tight.. You will see a trickle of water after some heavy rain or the car wash... I always have some kind of sports equipment in bed and nothing has ever gotten wet...

Hope that helps..

Did you every apply 303 aerospace protectant?

Why is it so hard to find a roll up cover for a 6'6 bed with a toolbox . Last I looked the couple options that were available were super pricey. I remember spending like 400cad all said and done for a roll up on my tundra years ago. Don't want anything fancy just to help keep debris out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it so hard to find a roll up cover for a 6'6 bed with a toolbox . Last I looked the couple options that were available were super pricey. I remember spending like 400cad all said and done for a roll up on my tundra years ago. Don't want anything fancy just to help keep debris out

https://www.extang.com/i-26933381-2014-2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-6-5-bed-extang-express-toolbox-tonneau-cover.html#!year%3D2015%7C%7Cmake%3DCHEVROLET%7C%7Cmodel%3DSILVERADO%201500

MSRP is around $470 USD but you can probably find it cheaper at some online stores.

Edited by sk

I can recommend the Access Lorado ROLL-UP cover... Had mine just shy 3 years and it looks and operates like day 1... Its adjustable but I have not needed to do so... Access has a Good, Better, Best system for the Low Profle and Normal Covers... The Lorado is The Best Low Profile... My brother in Law just bought one from Amazon for his Ram and payed in the $370 range... I paid $420 for mine installed 3 years ago... It does flutter a bit but is not noisy at all and I am pretty sure all roll ups flutter... 99% water tight.. You will see a trickle of water after some heavy rain or the car wash... I always have some kind of sports equipment in bed and nothing has ever gotten wet...

Hope that helps..

I agree with MCarlo. Although I just recently installed it, I bought the Access Original roll up cover. I second everything he has said

Any suggestions on how to stop the leaks on my MX4? I've tried adjusting it but it leaks along the rails, and at the back.

37043915381_331c710537_c.jpg

Find a garbage receptacle large enough to accept it and get a Tonno Pro hard fold, that's what I did with my undercover flex which is pretty much the same. IMO as an engineer I see no way that these styles of covers can keep your bed dry. I actually sold mine cheap to a guy and told him it was kinda leaky.

Edited by Imcrazy
  • Like 1

Any suggestions on how to stop the leaks on my MX4? I've tried adjusting it but it leaks along the rails, and at the back.

The install is everything with the MX4. Tighten the rails from front to back pressing down firmly at each clamp point. Use equal torque on all the clamp bolts. Ensure the grooves on the clamps are seated in the grooves on the rails. When you put the cover on the rails pull it back until the bulkhead seal makes contact with lip under the front panel, but just touching, don't pull back hard. Check and recheck that the cover is square on the rails. That will take care of everything except for the leaking around the sides of the tailgate, but that is a tailgate issue not a cover issue. If you want to address the tailgate you can actually use strips of weather stripping to eliminate the vast majority of it. My truck just went through hurricane Irma and the bed is still dry except for a little water around the tailgate. I haven't done the weather stripping around the tailgate.

your best best is to add tailgate/bulkhead/ect seals.

These covers are not exactly made to be waterproof. The single hinge fiberglass covers do a better job there since it covers the rails. In my opinion that is.