2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

1 minute ago, TruckDaddy said:

You may need to get rid of your drop-in plastic bedliner.

You won't be able to install ANY cover that requires the installation of rails.  So, you might consider a cover such as the Extang Trifecta.

it looks like his rails are exposed... a hard rolling cover may work as long as the bed rails are exposed, and the cover is able to roll past the inside of those bars

I think Jeremy if you look back in this post you will find what another guy did to go around your sport bar. It is going to take a bit of work doing some cutting if I remember correctly but it really looked good what the end result was.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:47 PM, Jeremy Clayton said:

I just bought 2017 Silverado with the factory bed bars.  I’m looking for a roll up cover that will fit with them installed on the truck.  

PLEASE HELP

I sure like the look of that sport bar, I wish they offered chrome too !

Or maybe a chrome/black combo...chrome bars and black side panel.

FDFD5151-2C14-4FB1-92B8-B7087E48ED58.thumb.jpeg.72b0ee8fb2315dd60548cf9f191f9c8a.jpeg

Edited by Cowboyman
Turn picture
  • Thanks 1

I just bought a Bakflip mx4 for my 2017 sierra denali.  One of the rails arrived bent pretty badly even though the package was in good shape.

Bak is sending me a new set of rails today I hope.  They were nice enough on the phone so I still have high hopes.

2 years later my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 that I bought for my 6.5 foot CC is still going strong.

Cons:

The pebbly finish has turned slightly duller as I don't do anything special to protect it in the hot So Cal sun.

Slight valleys have appeared under the front clamp locations. (They say don't over tighten to avoid this but tight enough to hold will cause it.)

Cover is not completely water tight as it gets small leaks during rare heavy downpours around the first fold area. Been this way from the start and I expect any folding cover will get leaks.

Pros:

Easy to remove and replace by one person.

When the cover is removed there are no rails in the way, you get full bed access.

Very light weight to open and close.

Overall I am pleased with the investment.

The quality of the cover predicts it should last a few more years.

Even with the extreme sun, heat and UV exposure we get here the rubber parts are still soft and pliable and all other components seem to be holding up well.

Coming from a solid fiberglass cover on my previous truck I am grateful not to have to ask for help to remove it,  or having to  keep the lid tilted up in the air when I needed to carry something taller than the bed sides.

https://www.extang.com/p-36824-solid-fold-2-0.html

Just to report back after a year and half of ownership, my Bakflip Revolver X2 is still dry and working well. My truck is garage kept when not out and about and it doesn't make the commute to work.  I did have to install a second bulkhead gasket strip behind my original one up at the cab, since I placed the first one too far forward and there was a gap on the sides between it and the cover. The vinyl has help up very will with regular cleanings and treatments with 303 protectant. One bit of advice... loctite the threads of the bolts that stick from the front of the cover down through their brackets that you have to lay on your back to tighten as you complete the cover installation. That way they don't slip and the cover creep over time.

Edited by Sierra_Kayaker

Not sure if this question warranted a new thread or not, but wondering if anyone knows if Fold-A-Cover does any special promotions for Black Friday?  I've had my eye on their cover since I bought my truck, but figured at this point it would be best to wait for a possible Black Friday deal.   

Thx, 

Steven 

Not sure if this question warranted a new thread or not, but wondering if anyone knows if Fold-A-Cover does any special promotions for Black Friday?  I've had my eye on their cover since I bought my truck, but figured at this point it would be best to wait for a possible Black Friday deal.   

Thx, 
Steven 
I would keep an eye on Autoanything. I think last year they had sales on tonneau covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

I would keep an eye on Autoanything. I think last year they had sales on tonneau covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

autoanything will almost always give you a discount if you ask the online chat person. 

Well my Bakflip MX-4 is getting replaced both cover and rails under warranty. Bakflip has been great about this warranty replacement contrary to what I have heard from other reviews. Nevertheless I have already went a different direction and added a Camlocker tool box.

If anyone is looking for a brand new MX-4 to fit a 2014+ short bed crew cab and lives in the North Florida area...PM me an offer to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk