What have you done to your K2 today?

my interior lighting stuff showed up yesterday in the mail!! soooo stoked!!

first thing i did was see if my illuminated cup holder idea would work

right now everything is just taped together for the mock-up and nothing is drilled, but i think it's going to look pretty sweet.

the glow tubing cost me $3.51 (CAD) and the plastic was left over from another project - so that makes me really happy!!! ...inexpensive and looks cool (at least i think it does!)

hopefully i'll have time later today to get everything properly put together

IMG_3203_zpsostdoftr.jpg

IMG_3201_zpss1j7yzqz.jpg

IMG_3200_zpstfrlpfat.jpg

you're an interior lighting master haha looks great man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^ that's exactly why I went with my GMPP Borla muffler. Deeper tone and sounds great when you get on it, but pretty tame. Perfect IMO.

See I just installed mine last night and it's still quiet, double checked the part # on the box to make sure I got the sport version. How long have you had yours on for? Does it get louder with time? I can barely hear mine on a cold start

Did you leave the flapper valve on? I did and I could barely hear it. I went up the next day and had the resonator cut off. Still quiet. I was starting to panic and thought I wasted my money. I bought a hose clamp and clamped the flapper open, and it was a night and day difference!!! I talked to the guys at Borla when I ordered it and they said to keep the flapper valve on when installing this muffler. Cut that sucker off!! No drone and it sounds great.

I've had mine on for a few months now. Still sounds the same.

Edited by cbrsilv15

Did you leave the flapper valve on? I did and I could barely hear it. I went up the next day and had the resonator cut off. Still quiet. I was starting to panic and thought I wasted my money. I bought a hose clamp and clamped the flapper open, and it was a night and day difference!!! I talked to the guys at Borla when I ordered it and they said to keep the flapper valve on when installing this muffler. Cut that sucker off!! No drone and it sounds great.

I've had mine on for a few months now. Still sounds the same.

Yeah flapper valve still on, kept it there because I wouldn't have had enough pipe if I cut after it. I have the truck tuned and turned off AFM anyways so I don't need it. Guess I could have my exhaust shop just replace the entire pipe after the muffler and keep the Chevy tip, I like the look of it

I left the flapper valve on mine but deleted the rear resonator. I'm debating if it's a little too quiet lol

EE16D230-D005-44E8-BAC8-99ADC60F54C4_zps

Here it is. It's on the backside, but you can get the idea. You rotate it 90* to open the flapper and clamp it open.

Aberaclaw, flapper clamped open or cut out with no resonator is perfect. I had a Magnaflow cat back with headers on my last truck and it was a tad loud. I like it to sound "tasteful" now instead of just loud. Plus driving around with the kiddos it sounds perfect now.

• Like 1

my interior lighting stuff showed up yesterday in the mail!! soooo stoked!!

first thing i did was see if my illuminated cup holder idea would work

right now everything is just taped together for the mock-up and nothing is drilled, but i think it's going to look pretty sweet.

the glow tubing cost me $3.51 (CAD) and the plastic was left over from another project - so that makes me really happy!!! ...inexpensive and looks cool (at least i think it does!)

hopefully i'll have time later today to get everything properly put together

IMG_3203_zpsostdoftr.jpg

IMG_3201_zpss1j7yzqz.jpg

IMG_3200_zpstfrlpfat.jpg

Very cool idea!!

• Like 1

Alrighty this is a little clip from a cold start. I don't feel like the audio does it justice but hopefully this helps somebody out with a general idea. https://vimeo.com/187476411

• Like 3