What have you done to your K2 today?

Just clips. The door and vent trim is stupid easy.  The stereo shroud is a bit of a pain though even though its just clips.  Even with my trim tools It felt like it was going to snap before coming off.  There are 2 screws you can take off the back of the vent shrouds to remove the little window diffusers.  Drivers side vent shroud is exactly the same except it has 3 wiring harness's with lots of slack that can easily be undone after pulling it out.

Quick vid showing how stupid easy the other trims are.

Got carried away again and used another few yards of vinyl.  Started with the steering wheel trim (I was debating leaving the piece where the stereo steering wheel controls would go but it looked odd so I decided to cut it out)
kLNRo9E.jpg

That went so smooth I carried on and did the door pockets. (never knew there was a light in there...)
2ietpV8.jpg

Again, everything went swimminly so I carried on and did the glove box latches. (I'm Not sure I like them but it got me thinking it might look good with the both glove box doors done and the center piece of the upper dash but that's for another day)
IFIF3pY.jpg

Things went to smooth so decided to punish myself and do the console and cup holder surround.  (It was by far the hardest piece I've done.  Not to mention I used one solid piece with no inlays to do it.)
MpBv43u.jpg

Was thinking I might tackle the upper part of the outside mirrors and the door handles since mine are just black plastic anyway but again for another day.

Well that looks easy. I was going to leave them on but didn’t really want to slip and cut the leather or plastic. Definitely just going to pull them. Now to decide which color to do.

I did most of my trim pieces and was thinking of doing the console parts as well. Does the trim around the cup holders come off or did you do it on the truck. Everything looks really good by the way. Thought about doing the glovebox latches as well. Mine might look weird though since it’s Realtree camo. Lol

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

12 minutes ago, TX LIMO said:

I did most of my trim pieces and was thinking of doing the console parts as well. Does the trim around the cup holders come off or did you do it on the truck. Everything looks really good by the way. Thought about doing the glovebox latches as well. Mine might look weird though since it’s Realtree camo. Lol

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

Everything I did today I did wrapped in place.  I know the upper console comes apart fairly easy as If i recall from the thread about guys retrofitting the wireless charging into it but I there not much to gain by removing it from the truck.  I believe the cupholder trim can come apart but I believe its quite involved so I just opted to do it in-situ.  Took a very big piece of vinyl to make that relatively small surface area.

I'm quite impressed with this vinyl I got its actually for exteriors and is really thick compared to others I've worked with.

Still doesn't even look like I've touched the roll I guess 1.75x60M was too much =p.

• Like 1

Just happened today while raining. The truck lights turn on while the truck is off (happened at first key in ignition but not on, and then again while unlocked key not near truck). All of the lights turn on and the turn signals flash. It goes for like 15 seconds or so and then stops. Has anyone had this issue yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took 2 things I would say were useless to me and made them useful

Never left this unlocked so can’t use the USB, and never used this storage for anything more then safety glasses.

48caa2453f4afa887559a6b99be85d52.jpg850ea9a817b0c9bafe4d2abad404f44b.jpg

Will work tell apples new update and I’ll have to replace the cord for the 100th time.

• Like 1

1d047f7520c34eac44d5181eb262ee3c.pnga2663e56d336b219ec351dc05d207672.heic picked up the truck from getting the new 7-9 McGaughys suspension put on and cognito upper control arms. Rides so much better and the angles are perfect! Selling my 7.5 RC lift if anybody wants it

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Deadpoollane said:

I took 2 things I would say were useless to me and made them useful

Never left this unlocked so can’t use the USB, and never used this storage for anything more then safety glasses.

48caa2453f4afa887559a6b99be85d52.jpg850ea9a817b0c9bafe4d2abad404f44b.jpg

Will work tell apples new update and I’ll have to replace the cord for the 100th time.

I've seen some guys use that USB for their phone holder, on the left side of the steering wheel, in the pocket/cubby, if you don't have factory installed trailer brake controller.

gallery_151133_4800_1249650.jpg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Neallynein said:

Just happened today while raining. The truck lights turn on while the truck is off (happened at first key in ignition but not on, and then again while unlocked key not near truck). All of the lights turn on and the turn signals flash. It goes for like 15 seconds or so and then stops. Has anyone had this issue yet?

ANY problem with Green grill lights ??