Sub Forum Request

MTB

Sub Forum  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't very concise, by complaints and fixes,, I lump in fixes for problems or shortcomings some see in their vehicles from the factory. Better lighting, better suspension, etc. and all the personalization we want or feel we need on our vehicles. take all these complaints and fixes away and all you have is a dealer brochure not a forum. Sure after you compare mileage which, depending on your road, the weather, the load, the wind, your gas composition and your foot tis pretty much the same. and after you ooh and aww the colors and chrome or lack of color and chrome, the led or lack of leds your done. For me its the gripes, shortcomings, nice to haves and wish to have with associated fixes that makes a forum.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have to say that I have very much enjoyed reading and posting here. I would not change a thing about the forum. I love the 2014 truck and and coming out of a 2009 Sierra SLT Z71 4x4 I can for sure verify that this 2014 redesigned Sierra truck is light years ahead of the old models. Keep up the good work and hey you newbie haters out there LOSE THE ATTITUDE. It is NOT ALL ABOUT YOU and what you want LOL. Have a good night, drive and post happy.

In six months it'll quiet down because it will be nice enough for the rest of us to go outside again. :lol:

LOL! Spent a winter in up state NH...Nice people etc but dang...10 degs was a good day.

Texas no income tax state and the south part is mostly warm and Harley weather year around. Maybe a few day inside then shorts and outside...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USTX0134

And STex, NH has no income or sales tax and aside from defense of property, the gun laws are better too. That said, I'd take Texas over NH or Michigan (where I live now) without a second's hesitation. Finding proper BBQ in the north is hard. All these hacks usually drown shoddy BBQ in sauce.

Not to be a jerk but mileage depends on the conditions and your driving habits.

I don't think there needs to be a separate forum. I think a thread creation "ban" should be put on all new members within the vehicle specific sections of the site. That is, until they have X number of posts they can't start a new thread in any forum but new member intro or off topic. Basically, force new members to post their problems in threads that are already there! Would solve the problem IMO!!!

You are right about conditions, also factor in winter blend fuel.

As for these ideas, there are a lot of things that can be done but it brings a ton of work for the mods and admin

If you take all the complaints and possible fixes away not much point in having a forum, the GM company websites will blow the smoke up your rear if that is the fix you need. A forum is a place to discuss the issues be they good or bad with your truck. Perhaps a fanboy sub section is in order for those that are more acceptable of issues and don't want anyone calling their baby ugly. The fact that GM has people monitoring this site and offering to look into issues alone makes bringing complaint here advisable. I think this is one of the best trucks I've had, the best no, the worse far from it. Issues for me yes, fixable issues yes again. Would I buy another first year model change of course, will it be a GM again of course.

x2.... that was the exact wording I was looking for if you take all the questions about issues away that's what this forum becomes. Besides being a nightmare for moderators, what's next? a forum banning people who don't own a 14?, a forum for only positive comments about the 14 and all others being deleted (sounds like thats what you're suggesting anyways) They are not "Perfect" nothing is and there are issues. You're also seeing many new people who have never had GM trucks before coming here and its a good thing.

It's an active forum and only going to get better as time goes on.

I think sub forums for vehicle specific would be nice. K2 problems, k2 suspension, k2 performance, that sort of thing. I don't mind digging through the gmt8 and 900 stuff, i just think it would be nice to have k2 specific sub forums...

Archived