2014+ AFM (Active Fuel Management)

I've been using this in my 5.3 for the past few weeks. It's great. I get pretty much the same mileage around town with it installed, but no more V4 drone.

Worth the $179 I paid in my opinion for sure.

GM should let us control the AFM from the factory like on the new Vette's. There is an "Eco" setting the driver can enable to that gears the motor and trans for best mpg with use of AFM.

AW22,

I bet lots of folks here (me included) would really like a test of MPG with & without the range unit on your trip. I have a 6.2 as well & would love to know what real world effect the Range unit will have on gas mileage.

They say the that the range for 2014 is in beta testing. But u can can still go to there site or amazon (free shipping) and just order it for the 2014 anyway.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Edited by anthony2558

Where did you purchase the beta model? I have not found any retailers. I owned one on my 2011 and agree it works great.

i ordered directly on Ranges website use "2014BETATESTER" as a coupon code. It takes $20 off.

I agree that taking it off is a good idea, but why not pay that and get a tune with it

Because there still is a strong belief if not already confirmed that dealers can tell via the computer if your truck was tuned, even after you remove the tune. So most are just worried about warranty issues..

and some of us just want their V8 truck back... As myself.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Edited by anthony2558

Tune requires flashing the computer, which the truck keeps track of. Since the Range doesn't flash the truck, the only record is the time in V4, which can't really prove you intentionally disabled it.

That said, if I had a 2014 it would be tuned. If the dealer won't work on it, fine.

Edited by kstruckcountry

If the dealer detects you've turned off your AFM, he should extend your warranty! Six years! Seriously, turning off the AFM can't have any adverse effects on the engine so your dealer couldn't blame that for doing anything.

If the dealer detects you've turned off your AFM, he should extend your warranty! Six years! Seriously, turning off the AFM can't have any adverse effects on the engine so your dealer couldn't blame that for doing anything.

Free extended warranty, that would be nice :-) I also agree turning off AFM should have no adverse effect on the engine or trans, but installing a after market product that alters/tricks your ECM/PCM to do something not intended. Well, that may just give the dealer enough to void you on certain included aspects of the warranty.

Tapatalk via Moto X