Front Lic Plate Cover

When I recieved my Denali the other night, some of you informed me to make sure i had the piece that covers where the Lic plate would go. I inquired about the piece as it was not in the truck and they made calls, assured me that they would track down this piece. I had it added to my what we owe you paper and sent an email to start tracking the process. Honestly should it be that hard to order the piece, I gave them the part number off this site for chrome and they keep saying "we emailed some people asking about it". My thought is, you order it and thats that, not email around for days to some unknown person, that piece comes with the truck if i am not mistaken. Am i getting the runaround or is this them passing it on to some regional dude? Thanks in advance.

They're probably trying to get GM to cover the cost (which they should) versus the dealership having to pay for it, so my guess is they're waiting on a response from a GM rep.

Does your state require front plates?

If it does, GM won't ship your truck with the filler piece.

Was your truck shipped from an out-of-state dealer to your local dealer?

That could be why it's missing

If there's any other Denali on the lot, they should pull the filler off it, and give it to you now.

My truck came without the piece. The dealer said it should of been in the truck. After checking with GM they told me not all trucks are shipped with them. My dealer was nice enough to order me one at no charge.

My truck went from Mexico to Florida which does not require the front Lic Plate, there is no other Denali on the lot. Does any other truck have the filler in chrome?

No, only Denali. Just call dealer every day until they order it.

• 1 month later...

Even though I live in Texas, I don't plan to run a front license plate.......so I ordered a front filler (not realizing there were two to choose from) and of course I order the wrong one. Returned it, receiving about 35% of my original purchase, and reordered the correct filler. Once I

started to install the new filler.......just as MotoMedic experienced....the dealer had drilled two upper holes for the license plated. So

I go back to order the upper filler plate to get rid of the dealer drilled holes. Once I received the upper plate, now I find that I may need

to remove the bumper to replace this upper plate.

Anyone that can provide info/instructions on removing the front bumper would really be appreciated!!!!!

Even though I live in Texas, I don't plan to run a front license plate.......so I ordered a front filler (not realizing there were two to choose from) and of course I order the wrong one. Returned it, receiving about 35% of my original purchase, and reordered the correct filler. Once I

started to install the new filler.......just as MotoMedic experienced....the dealer had drilled two upper holes for the license plated. So

I go back to order the upper filler plate to get rid of the dealer drilled holes. Once I received the upper plate, now I find that I may need

Anyone that can provide info/instructions on removing the front bumper would really be appreciated!!!!!

I removed my bumper (yet again) the other day so I could remove that plastic piece and install my light bar. ha

You can check out these part diagrams to give you an idea: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153324-2014-parts-diagrams-service-manual/

EDIT:

If you check out this topic (http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156014-2014-silverado-grille-removal-how-to/) there's a good run down of how to remove the upper/lower trims & grille (Silvy & Sierra are the same regarding assembly).

After that, there's four main bolts visible looking down into opening where grille was. There's also two more bolts under the corners of the bumper on the ends of large bumper support arms. Before you yank the bumper off, remember tonunplug the electrical harness behind center of bumper.

Do u have the part numbers for those items?want to put on on my truck as well thanks

Since there are at least two color options (very close in contrast/color), I would recommend you get a dealer to run your vin to insure

that you get the correct piece.

However here's my experience:

Cover Package for base truck 22877653

Cover Package for other than base truck (?) 22877652

Moulding to replace original upper panel where dealer would have drilled upper holes for the license plate - base truck 22902341.

I don't have the "other than base truck" part number for this same piece.

It also appears you will need to remove the front bumper to replace this upper panel.

Hope this helps!

I purchased my truck out of state, and apparently from a state that requires the front plates.

Not needing one in my state, I attempted to remove it last night. Was hoping for easy removal, but it appears to be riveted on, rather than just screwed on.

Upon removal, looks like I'm going to be left with the same holes in the two bumper cover pieces also.

What is the approx cost of these two replacement covers from a dealer?

The reason some trucks have the filler piece and some don't has to do with the way the truck was ordered. My dealer wanted to order the front license plate kit (VK3) on my truck because it was a no charge option. What some dealers don't realize is if that option is ordered it automatically deletes the front filler piece from the factory. This is why some have it, and some don't.

Most dealers order the license kit so they are able to put their advertising plate on the front.

What's a "base" versus non base? What is my sierra SLE all terrain

Base = Work Truck (see attached pic). The center bumper plastic is black, matching the fog and grille plastics. SLE/SLT's have the pewter colored center piece.

Personally, I wish mine were all black so it'd match my fogs. I hate having that big pewter plastic up front, but no where else on the truck! Thought about buying the Denali's chromed center plastics, but it might not look right against the chrome bumper.

post-34923-0-62020100-1394559793_thumb.jpg

Archived