Complete Clear Bra for the Front End

So how are these clear bras holding up? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Xpel is self healing. Looks as good as the day I got it. Driven 21k miles since and nothing. You can get a spray from Chemical Guys or just put some wax on it. Be careful to not get to close to the seams as it will leave residue between the film and paint.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had clear bra installed on my '15 SLE. The installer is a buddy of mind who custom-fits (yes, he scores the film on the spot) the film and he wraps around most edges (the hood piece has only one visible seam). He used 24-inch film on my Sierra and covered over 1/3 of the hood. He also covered headlights, foglights, and exterior door handle pockets to prevent nail marks.

Watch out for pre-cut kits which leave large gaps and do not cover the leading edge of the hood and sometimes the leading edge of a fender on certain vehicles.

I installed the 3M precut kit on mine. Complete kit $169 on eBay...covered, hood, fenders, mirror caps, and painted top cap of the bumper. Took my time and it came out great. Can't even see it, also installed the headlight protection film.

Gmc at, you can go to carprotectionpros.com he sells the kit on eBay where I got mine, but cheaper through his sight. It comes with squeegee, all you will need is a hair dryer to help stretch it on the curves and a spray bottle with water and 2-3 drops of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. Need to take your time and two people helps. My wife helped me we took our time and it went on relativle with little work. It lines up well to the edge and fender and hood lined up perfectly. Larger pieces do one side at a time. Our local tinit guy also installs and said if we brought him the kit, he would install for $120...he does all the dealerships in Del Rio....I have done vynal graphics, stripes and bottom wraps, so I have experience. You can also get the clear bra for your lights off eBay, I put that kit on too. When I get back ill post photos.

Can anyone comment on pricing in Canada? I'm assuming around the $1000 mark give or take a few hundred...

For those people with the Xpel covering, was it a precut kit or one they cut during install? If it was the precut cut, are you happy with the coverage? Thanks!

Mine was cut on site from a pattern by Xpel. Xpel Austin brought in one of the designers from San Antonio to install mine and I am very pleased with the coverage. He did a great job installing and made sure there are minimal gaps where one section meets another.

Can anyone comment on pricing in Canada? I'm assuming around the $1000 mark give or take a few hundred...

Im in Saskatchewan and paid $1000 for xpel on the entire front end of my truck including 1/3 of the hood and fenders, headlights, and fog lights. I also have an AT so the bumper and grill surround was done.

Im in Saskatchewan and paid $1000 for xpel on the entire front end of my truck including 1/3 of the hood and fenders, headlights, and fog lights. I also have an AT so the bumper and grill surround was done.

That's awesome. Did you get the XPEL Ultimate film? I have a high country on order so I need the bumper and grill surround done as well. With the headlights and fog lights, I'm looking to put HID lights in them...do you know if putting film on them before I do that will make a difference? I guess I mean, if I needed to, is the film on the lights not attached to the surrounding film so you can take them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Did you get the XPEL Ultimate film? I have a high country on order so I need the bumper and grill surround done as well. With the headlights and fog lights, I'm looking to put HID lights in them...do you know if putting film on them before I do that will make a difference? I guess I mean, if I needed to, is the film on the lights not attached to the surrounding film so you can take them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I got the Xpel Ultimate put on my truck. All the different sections were done separately and a piece of Xpel was cut for them. If you need to remove a headlight, you won't have any issues because the film is only on the headlight and not connected to any other part of the truck.

Archived