Complete Clear Bra for the Front End

Anyone with an all terrain should not shy away from this. My truck front bumper is littered with rock chips, I mean 500+ chips ranging in 1mm to like 5mm. Very disappointed.. I've also found some paint peeling behind the cargo light. Maybe the combination of these issues will spark something at the dealer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with 3M clear-bra paint protection, professional installation. Included entire front end, i.e. bumper, front edge of L/R fenders from headlamps wrapping back about 10" toward wheel wells, across the front of hood (same 10" width), both headlights and fog-light lens, a-pillar post, upper 1/2 of side view mirrors and door edge guards on all 4-doors; $800.00.

Anyone with an all terrain should not shy away from this. My truck front bumper is littered with rock chips, I mean 500+ chips ranging in 1mm to like 5mm. Very disappointed.. I've also found some paint peeling behind the cargo light. Maybe the combination of these issues will spark something at the dealer

I'm finding this out the hard way. Man doesn't lie. Just over 1,000 miles of me being careful and trying to NOT get chips, and I already have at least 4 significant chips. Like, not small. This will be dissappointing long term.

I got the full XPEL front end, lights, fog lights, and front part of the roof and a-pillars done. 22” up the hood and fenders and cut outs for the front sensors. Guy even did the chrome around the grill. Looks good or should I say doesn't. High at $997.00 but I'm happy.

I'm finding this out the hard way. Man doesn't lie. Just over 1,000 miles of me being careful and trying to NOT get chips, and I already have at least 4 significant chips. Like, not small. This will be dissappointing long term.

I tried this too.. After 4000 miles and a few chips I sucked it up and got xpel.. No chips since!

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks with my AT, I noticed two small chips on the front bumper so I knew I needed a clear bra for protection. I read many reviews on several different clear bras and my final decision was the same as many of you, Xpel. I got the full front covered (lights + fogs included) with the self-healing Xpel Ultimate. Lucky for me, I have the corporate headquarters of San Antonio, TX near me and all work was done for $614. Not cheap but definitely worth it! Looks fantastic...well you cant really see it!! Durability...I guess time will tell. Xpel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty that includes labor.

Same group has a shop in Austin. So when I had mine done, the pattern designer from San Antonio XPEL did mine. Ultimate is very nice. I am still impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same group has a shop in Austin. So when I had mine done, the pattern designer from San Antonio XPEL did mine. Ultimate is very nice. I am still impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you know the name of the shop? I'm in Austin and want to get an estimate for the front of the hood where chips normally appear and maybe the bumper.

Evidently, there is only one shop in Austin that does Xpel full time. There is a shop in Pflugerville and another in Cedar Park that will apply it along with other stuff they do, but this one only does Xpel:

Austin Clear Bra located just north of 183 on N Lamar

http://austinclearbra.com

XPEL Ultimate - Full bumper, grill, partial hood, head lights, fog lights and partial fenders. I took the pics at the best visible angles and even like that it's hard to see. I hope it holds up as well as it looks!

post-130216-0-76796000-1398913183_thumb.jpgpost-130216-0-07707600-1398913312_thumb.jpg

post-130216-0-76796000-1398913183_thumb.jpg

post-130216-0-07707600-1398913312_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Find your local Xpel dealer and make an appointment. Don't waste your time looking at 3M or any other brand Google provides. I have one on my truck and my wife's IS 350 F-Sport. Get as much as you can afford. It is worth every penny. I paid $700 for the Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Upper and Lower Bumper, Grill, Roof and A-Pillar. I should have gotten the rocker panels, but with tint on front windows and clear on the rest I was over a grand. I will get them in the spring.

Get the Ultimate Protection Film. I would not recommend you do this yourself. Let the professionals do what professionals do.

Link is below. Don't look at the prices, talk to your local people.

Enjoy!!

http://www.xpel.com

Archived