Getting a good amount of rock chips on my truck. Should have had it protected when it was new, but hindsight is 20/20. Looking for pics of the AVS Aeroskin. Ive seen a few pics on here but mainly wanting to check out the color matched versions. Especially summit white if anyone has it.

Also has anyone ordered precut clear film for the front bumper with any luck? Ill most likely have to have my entire bumper repainted or the big chips professionally filled before installing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my AVS that has been vinyl wrapped with Oracal Premium Cast 970RA, color code 090 Silver Grey Metallic.

The match is perfect.

Did your aeroskin have any type of badge or sticker on it with the AVS logo?

Here is my AVS that has been vinyl wrapped with Oracal Premium Cast 970RA, color code 090 Silver Grey Metallic.

The match is perfect.

This looks sharp. I couldn't even tell it was on your truck in the first picture!

I have the aeroskin on my black truck and love it. It blends in so well. I had that avs stick on emblem, but it fell off one day. It's still stamped avs under it so you can still see. I think it looks a lot better without that emblem. Lol. Keeps the subtle theme.

Did your aeroskin have any type of badge or sticker on it with the AVS logo?

It had the AVS oval logo on it and the shop I had wrap it wrapped it with the logo on it. It looked like my truck had a pimple that needed to be popped. The shop does business with the company I work for so it was a little awkward at first but I worked out a deal with them to redo it. It looks amazing and it is a perfect match. I wouldn't hardly notice it at all if it didn't look so good. I have always had a bug shield on my trucks since 1989 when I got hit by a rock truck in front of me. There was a sign though, "not responsible for objects falling from truck". This rock hit the pavement and bounced perfectly at the hood.

It had the AVS oval logo on it and the shop I had wrap it wrapped it with the logo on it. It looked like my truck had a pimple that needed to be popped. The shop does business with the company I work for so it was a little awkward at first but I worked out a deal with them to redo it. It looks amazing and it is a perfect match. I wouldn't hardly notice it at all if it didn't look so good. I have always had a bug shield on my trucks since 1989 when I got hit by a rock truck in front of me. There was a sign though, "not responsible for objects falling from truck". This rock hit the pavement and bounced perfectly at the hood.

hopefully if I get the color matched one the logo will come off cleanly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've seen the color match option, is this what it is or did you actually buy the wrap and do it yourself?

I had a shop do it for me but it is something that someone with a lot of patience could do. I'm not that person. The shop did it actually three times. The first time the logo was on and it didn't look right, the second time the shop got trash in it and replaced it before I even picked it up and the third is NOT totally perfect but is extremely close. There are some corners that I fidget with every once in a while trying to get it to lay down smoother. It's very hard to see though.

hopefully if I get the color matched one the logo will come off cleanly

It will come off cleanly, it is easier than the factory badges and the dealership stickers. There is their logo etched into the bug shield though. It is under the raised badge. You can see it through the vinyl but barely. I will post a picture of that later when I get home.

I had a shop do it for me but it is something that someone with a lot of patience could do. I'm not that person. The shop did it actually three times. The first time the logo was on and it didn't look right, the second time the shop got trash in it and replaced it before I even picked it up and the third is NOT totally perfect but is extremely close. There are some corners that I fidget with every once in a while trying to get it to lay down smoother. It's very hard to see though.

I don't need to have it color matched. Avs sells a summit white one. I just have to get the logo off

I have the aeroskin on my black truck and love it. It blends in so well. I had that avs stick on emblem, but it fell off one day. It's still stamped avs under it so you can still see. I think it looks a lot better without that emblem. Lol. Keeps the subtle theme.

They are perfect on black vehicles, but my OCD will not allow me to buy black anymore. My wife has a Magnetic Grey Ford Edge and it looks pretty good on hers as well. Magnetic Grey will be about as close to black as I will go.

I don't need to have it color matched. Avs sells a summit white one. I just have to get the logo off

Perfect then, the logo peels off easier than most tapes.

Here is my color matched aeroskin. This is not wrapped, just bought online for about $100 and very happy with the product and how well the color matches.46b84546c157b1b4749d663a704c01d6.jpga788c98845a3b9c920ccf086acbbf0d5.jpg013776be7a770ad22a416339bd69df32.jpg0a0304487a18777a6deea93ae3c96e46.jpgfa22e38fa13a4536089cdf86218e16db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived