One thing to do is spray off the inside of the wheel wells this is where dirt and salt collect. In the winter I do this weekly.

Also keeping a good coating on the paint would help. Never had either of my previous trucks rust around the wheel wells. Always sealed/waxed. Nowadays a good ceramic coating would help too

Ryan B.

11 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

One thing to do is spray off the inside of the wheel wells this is where dirt and salt collect. In the winter I do this weekly.

Also keeping a good coating on the paint would help. Never had either of my previous trucks rust around the wheel wells. Always sealed/waxed. Nowadays a good ceramic coating would help too

Ryan B.

I most definitely will wax them several times a year. Very difficult to clean the inner fenders in the winter especially with my liners and when its -30 C out. However, the liners are removed when I undercoat the truck so hopefully that helps prevent the rust.

many times the fenders start to rust from the inside outwards.  That's what happened on my 2008.  But if i could line-x both the inside and outside of the fenders I would.  (inside the tirewell)