GMC/Borla vs Borla Cat Back

By the way I found this clip. Sounds great and how a 6.2 should have sounded from the factory in my opinion. I would like to know how v4 is with this setup.

Edited by chip8541

This is my truck....no drone in V4.

Has anyone else noticed the downpipe looking as if it has been smashed? I looked at another Denali on the lot and it had the same indentions in the downpipe.....

post-131387-0-93578200-1409686858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Strykers_Inc

This is my truck....no drone in V4.

Has anyone else noticed the downpipe looking as if it has been smashed? I looked at another Denali on the lot and it had the same indentions in the downpipe.....

I'd say that is normal. GM has been doing that to the downpipe for quite a few years now. I know my truck also has it and it's 8 years old.

the more and more I read, the more and more I am going with the GMBorla, do they have all the models ATAK etc? i like the flapper valvle to eliminate V4 drone that 6.2 clip above sounds amazing

No the GM/Borla is the touring model only which is the most quiet model. If you want S-type or Atak you need to go with the Borla only version.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I realize this post is about 3 years old, but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the GM Performance Exhaust (6.2) - 19303345 - and looking for anyone who has the same and done the install themselves and tips or comments on ease of installation.  I assume this is all bolt together that you can do on your own in a couple hours?   Also would love to see pictures and any sound clips for those who may any.

Also curious what everyone else paid for theirs?  Cheapest I found it was at GM Parts Warehouse for $972 + $116 for tips with all in price of  $1,160 including shipping.. 

14 hours ago, reardiff said:

I realize this post is about 3 years old, but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the GM Performance Exhaust (6.2) - 19303345 - and looking for anyone who has the same and done the install themselves and tips or comments on ease of installation.  I assume this is all bolt together that you can do on your own in a couple hours?   Also would love to see pictures and any sound clips for those who may any.

Also curious what everyone else paid for theirs?  Cheapest I found it was at GM Parts Warehouse for $972 + $116 for tips with all in price of  $1,160 including shipping.. 

You can check Summit Racing too.  I find their parts to usually be the same price or a bit cheaper.  The black tip "ATAK" setup I want is almost $400 cheaper through Summit Racing than anyone else (not apples to apples, GMP kit you're talking about is a "Touring" setup, but still).

Anyways, I don't see "Touring" for your truck on Summit Racing but they do have the "S-Type" with silver tips for $1,162.99 with free shipping.  Black is $1,303.99 with free shipping.  Just an idea if you want a bit more than the GMP version.  Part #140576 and #140576BC.

Install is the same as on a 5.3. It's super straight forward. Just take your time. if you want to remove the stock exhaust in 1 piece, you will need to get the truck as high as you can and then also drop the spare tire a bit.  I ended up just hacking off the stocker.

For install, just make sure you don't tighten down until you get all the pipes lined up with good clearance over the cross member. Rotate the midpipe so it is as far up as possible otherwise it will hit the cross member.

On the 5.3 the GMPP Borla is too tame. I'm sure that it's tons better on a 6.2L. You may also want to check out the corsa. IMO a much better sounding exhaust. I've installed a sport on the 6.2...wow...and deals pretty good when in V4 as well. Heck the truck has pretty good sound insulation that most of the touring don't sound loud enough inside the truck, but on the outside, they are anything but quiet. 

Good luck!

3tspapat - thanks for the comments.  I'm actually Ok with a more tame sound, main reason is I live in a townhouse and my garage is feet away from the neighbors bedroom and not looking to piss off any neighbors. Just something that has that 'not stock' tone to it especially when you get on it.   For cold starts the less noise the better for me but after that, all is good. 

I have a 2018 SLT 6.2 and had them put the GM borla on when I bought the truck last thanksgiving.  The pipe is definitely larger than the 5.3.  Hadn't ever looked to determine the flapper valve but they told me it was the only performance exhaust tuned to GM specs not to drone.  It sounds really good and exactly what I was looking for in a more refined yet performance sound.  I will say it still sounded funny in AFM mode.  I put a CAI on and dyno tuned to remove the AFM among other things.  Sounds great.  I'd say turn AFM off if you want an exhaust.  I want to get headers eventually and I think it will be a perfect combo to not be super loud but sound more aggressive.  I've heard people say you can't really hear headers with a stock muffler and others say they are too damn loud (unless thats what you are going for) with the louder mufflers.