Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

285 with a -12 offset. GMC put's a coating on the underside of the SLT that protects the paint from road debris and chips pretty well. not sure if its on all models and chevy's as well.

Man, those tires look so much beefier than my 275s! Now I want to get new tires!

How wide are those rims?

I took my truck in for a fitting. I tried a 305/55/20 Nitto mud tire on Fuel nutz 20x9 +1 offset.

The rim and wheel isn't my 1st choice but I wanted to see what fits and that's what my tire dealer had to play with.

I'm running a RC 2" level up front, stock rear. I rubbed the liner at full lock. I could zip tie it back and it might work or I'm thinking about running a 33x12.50 tire. I think it's slightly smaller than the 305s.

No matter what I decide it will totally transform the look of the truck.

cf5f7cf9d5ffb570f16a468cbf8eeac6.jpg

265c559e582f1b4988ab0658b43a076f.jpg

4bf329d1b2fe0c3ee3279e0ce7deb234.jpg

My 1st choice setup is Nitto Ridge Grappler and Fuel Maverick 20x9 +1.
I just need to be patient until the Grappler's are released.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Robinson99
  • Like 1

I took my truck in for a fitting. I tried 305/55/20 Nitto mud tire on Fuel nutz 20x9 +1 offset. The rim and wheel isn't my 1st choice but I wanted to see what fits and that's what my tire dealer had to play with.

I'm running a RC 2" level up front, stock rear. I rubbed the liner at full lock. I think I could zip tie it back and it might work or I'm thinking about running a 33x12.50 tire. I think it's slightly smaller than the 305.

No matter it totally transforms the look of the truck.

I like that wheel on your truck, looks good!

I want to run a 305/65/17 on mine, and I'm +0 on 17x8.5. I am hoping that won't rub the liner.

I like that wheel on your truck, looks good!

I want to run a 305/65/17 on mine, and I'm +0 on 17x8.5. I am hoping that won't rub the liner.

Thanks, I really started to like it once it was on the truck, the tire dealer made me a good offer on the setup but I just wasn't sure. They're going to order the rim I want and I'll compare them side by side. I love the look of the mud tire but I'm afraid of the ride and gas mileage.

The tire you're talking about will look really beefy in a good way! Good luck, hope it fits!

Edited by Robinson99
  • Like 2

I took my truck in for a fitting. I tried a 305/55/20 Nitto mud tire on Fuel nutz 20x9 +1 offset.

The rim and wheel isn't my 1st choice but I wanted to see what fits and that's what my tire dealer had to play with.

I'm running a RC 2" level up front, stock rear. I rubbed the liner at full lock. I could zip tie it back and it might work or I'm thinking about running a 33x12.50 tire. I think it's slightly smaller than the 305s.

No matter what I decide it will totally transform the look of the truck.

Same here, I have high hopes for these tires, They look super aggressive but are supposed to be really quiet. They do look like they might be pretty heavy though not too thrilled about load range F either.

Edited by abominable z71
  • Like 1

Same here, I have high hopes for these tires, They look super aggressive but are supposed to be really quiet. They do look like they might be pretty heavy though. Have you heard a possible release date?

No, I E mailed them and got little to no info.

My tire dealer contacted them and didn't get much more than I did. Hopefully in the next 30 days, fingers crossed.

Thanks, I really stared to like it once it was on the truck, the tire dealer made me a good offer on the setup but I just wasn't sure. They're going to order the rim I want and I'll compare them side by side. I love the look of the mud tire but I'm afraid of the ride and gas mileage.

The tire you're talking about will look really beefy in a good way! Good luck, hope it fits!

Like you mention, I just don't want to kill MPGs. I'm already running E rated 285/70/17, so I am thinking the addition hit won't be too bad.

• Like 1

Same here, I have high hopes for these tires, They look super aggressive but are supposed to be really quiet. They do look like they might be pretty heavy though. Have you heard a possible release date?

Have you seen any specks on the Grappler's yet? I couldn't find any weight information.