Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Awesome response buddy, I've had lots of tires through the years. Where I primarily go is some nasty spots but a mix of mild slop as well when it's wet but lots of dirt. I'm looking at the Goodyear mtr/Kevlar in the 2 metric sizes and the trail grappler. Also like the stt pro I want to stick to a mud terrain and I want the tires to be sitting at a wide footprint for the diverse terrain my vehicles see. Not into the wider wheel than tire craze or the new cover none of the tread look guys have. Honesty the 285/70 17 in the mtr is test fit and measured on a 8.5" wheel Where I'll run a 9" because I want the bit of negative offset but I'm afraid I may make them look a bit out of proportion if I use them on the 9" wheel that's where the 305/65 comes into consideration. Nitto makes great tires as well they are always on my list when buying.

any info on fitment of a 17x9 -12 offset wheel and one of the following sizes 285/70r17, 305/65r17, 33x12.50r17

truck is a 2015 gmc 1500 4x4 2.5" Rc level and 2" block in back with front airdamn plastic piece removed

I use my truck around all the rice fields in mud snow whatever you can think I do minus Baja!

lots of hunting and offroad driving in other words

don't mind some trimming but don't know which would fit best on the wheel 1 and on the truck 2

I am running a 2.5 RC level (front and rear) 20X10 -24 wheels with a 33x12.50 MT. The only time it rubs is in full lock in reverse and it is only on the liner, no metal. I took it on some camping trails and had no issues with it at all. This weekend I plan on doing the zip tie mod to clear any more rubbing issues.

Awesome response buddy, I've had lots of tires through the years. Where I primarily go is some nasty spots but a mix of mild slop as well when it's wet but lots of dirt. I'm looking at the Goodyear mtr/Kevlar in the 2 metric sizes and the trail grappler. Also like the stt pro I want to stick to a mud terrain and I want the tires to be sitting at a wide footprint for the diverse terrain my vehicles see. Not into the wider wheel than tire craze or the new cover none of the tread look guys have. Honesty the 285/70 17 in the mtr is test fit and measured on a 8.5" wheel Where I'll run a 9" because I want the bit of negative offset but I'm afraid I may make them look a bit out of proportion if I use them on the 9" wheel that's where the 305/65 comes into consideration. Nitto makes great tires as well they are always on my list when buying.

No problem. I hear a lot of good stuff about the Mickey Thompson MTZ and cooper STT pro. I think I'd try to fit a 33 12.50 on 17x9 0 to slightly positive offset. Right now I have 285's on a 9 inch wheel and think the wheel is too narrow if anything. not sure if you find yourself needing to air down very often but the wider the tire and narrower the rim the harder it is to get the tire to squat so you can get the most use out of the sidewalls. A 2 to 2-1/2" difference in tire width to rim width works out really well. What wheel do you plan on running?

I just found some slightly used STT Pro on CL, in 285/70/17. I might just get them rather than the 305/65 to save a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am running a 2.5 RC level (front and rear) 20X10 -24 wheels with a 33x12.50 MT. The only time it rubs is in full lock in reverse and it is only on the liner, no metal. I took it on some camping trails and had no issues with it at all. This weekend I plan on doing the zip tie mod to clear any more rubbing issues.

That's what's crazy about these trucks My tires are 11.5" wide 32.5" diameter on a 9 inch wide wheel with -12 offset. So from hub face to outer edge of the tire is roughly 5.75" plus a 1/2" of offset. You got a 12.5 inch wide tire and an inch of offset for 7.25" off the hub face. I can guarantee you that set up would be in the metal on mine, I've seen the pics you posted and looks like you only get a light rub on the liner. I saw a guy in a parking lot running 325/60r18 on factory wheels with only a level and he said he only rubs a little bit. You never know what rubs and what doesnt until they're actually on the truck

Awesome to hear... I don't want to keep a 20" wheel though. But it is helpful!

No problem. I hear a lot of good stuff about the Mickey Thompson MTZ and cooper STT pro. I think I'd try to fit a 33 12.50 on 17x9 0 to slightly positive offset. Right now I have 285's on a 9 inch wheel and think the wheel is too narrow if anything. not sure if you find yourself needing to air down very often but the wider the tire and narrower the rim the harder it is to get the tire to squat so you can get the most use out of the sidewalls. A 2 to 2-1/2" difference in tire width to rim width works out really well. What wheel do you plan on running?

Well I only run around 30-32 psi all the time anyway. I think the 11.50-12.50 range is plenty reasonable on a 8.5-10" wheel. I'd love to run a 17x10 but impossible to find!

Looking at the method standards in the polished aluminum clear coat 17x9 and -12

Yeah I've looked at the mickeys as well. The Baja claw ttc looks sweet and I had the old Baja claw radials a couple years back. Awesome tread also like the new mtz p3

I'm running 315/70/17 copper ST Maxx on vision Manx 0 offset wheels. I had some rubbing with 3.5" cognito fabricated lift spindles so I trimmed the bumper a little. I think if the spindles didn't add 1.3" of width to each side they wouldn't have rubbed. All in all I'm very happy with the setup though.

attachicon.gifIMG_6353.JPG

I think I've seen this truck in humble like Sunday evening on 59 I like the stance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what's crazy about these trucks My tires are 11.5" wide 32.5" diameter on a 9 inch wide wheel with -12 offset. So from hub face to outer edge of the tire is roughly 5.75" plus a 1/2" of offset. You got a 12.5 inch wide tire and an inch of offset for 7.25" off the hub face. I can guarantee you that set up would be in the metal on mine, I've seen the pics you posted and looks like you only get a light rub on the liner. I saw a guy in a parking lot running 325/60r18 on factory wheels with only a level and he said he only rubs a little bit. You never know what rubs and what doesnt until they're actually on the truck

So true...I just did a test with my buddies wheels today and he had to do some minor trimming on his truck with has a 4" BDS lift. I am only running Bilistien 5100's at the top setting so a 1.9" level...on my truck the tires only rubbed on rear fender felt about the same amount is my current 305/55r20's Terra grapplers and they are 285/55r22 Nitto M/T's.

So in my level a 34.3" m/t fits with minor rubbing on a level...the offset of the 22"s is +12 and the oddest of the 33"s is +21

6A3AFF08-7F04-4CEA-95F7-E66FA75DF007_zps

DC5B01F5-C29B-404F-A7BD-C03C9E7C7D19_zps

Edited by NIXONRIDE
  • Like 1

2.5 Rough Country kit with rear blocks. Stock AT wheels with Toyo Open Country M/T 275/65/20=34.5x11. Slight rub on front wall but no trimming required IMO.

ja6emu3a.jpg

u6u6uqug.jpg

Does it just rub when you turn? and how much or how far can you cut the wheels?

Does it rub when the tires are straight on a rough road?

Thanks

Thanks

Post is from over 2 years ago, but who knows he might answer...

• Like 1

Thanks

I have the same set up. Your answer is no. It's pretty close. But even after 1500 miles on this size tire there are no rub marks on the felt.

5da7b86469fecb941a4cea1ea40a0eab.jpg

f936ad20d928654a95eb46e2b8175f96.jpg