Beware before buying the Led 3rd brake lights.

So I went a head and bought the Led 3rd high mounting brake light. The light came today and come to find out that it doesn't fit :(

I'm just gonna stick with the factory and put the led bulb in there... Will contact the seller and return it today.

1. The light wiring is not PNP. you have to tap into the factory wiring.. Luckily, I didn't!

2. Doesn't come with rubber gasket.

3. The back did not recess inside the opening to sit flush like the factory. see pics

Here are the pics, Enjoy! lol

IMG_7823_zpse8add7cf.jpg

IMG_7824_zps378f2a89.jpg

IMG_7826_zps3be88c20.jpg

IMG_7825_zps31e53282.jpg

IMG_7822_zps09d78285.jpg

IMG_7818_zps12972cda.jpg

IMG_7820_zpsa6918996.jpg

IMG_7829_zps1e36e2c8.jpg

IMG_7827_zpsd6d5bc73.jpg

I know this is off topic but where did u get those led brake lights?. they look really nice.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed my eBay brake light today. I had it for too long before I realized the fitment issues so returning it wasn't an option. A little elbow grease and I'm happy enough. Had to do a little trimming, remove the back plate, make a gasket, and cut the connector off my factory light. Turned out just fine in the end. I'd recommend waiting for someone to make one that fits right though if you haven't dropped the cash already.

was this like the 20 or 40 dollar one? or a specific brand one?

was this like the 20 or 40 dollar one? or a specific brand one?

Here is the album with pics of it. It was the first one available on eBay, no name on it. Not plug and play, had to reshape the back, disassemble, and make my own gasket. Stay away. :)

Everyone for reference the Anzo third has a very nice gasket and the fit is OEM. I cut the plug off the factory third and attached that to the new LED third. No reason to mess with the wiring coming out of the cab.

• 1 year later...

I can vouch for the Recon 3rd brake light. I currently have their products on both of my trucks. But before I went with Recon I went the cheap route via eBay. That was a very costly mistake. The Recon unit comes with the connector plug and a gasket with adhesive for a tight seal, absolutely plug and play. Anzo also had a good fitting product with a gasket but no adhesive and it didn't come with the connector plug. I've messed with a two or three 3rd brake eBay versions and although they look like Anzo, they aren't the same quality. The above also applies to the Recon led brake lights. The Recons worked right out of the box. The Anzo and eBay tail lights came with the cheap Chinese resistors and required replacement resistors before they would function correctly.

I have the recon LED 3rd brake light installed and it was super easy plug and play. A little bit of a tight fit but it fits good. Has weather strip already on it just need to take the tape off the side that sticks to the cab. The LED brake lights from them are also really easy plug and play. In my opinion recon is the way to go just for how easy it is to install. They had the customer in mind when making these lights. And they look awesome!

I have the recon LED 3rd brake light installed and it was super easy plug and play. A little bit of a tight fit but it fits good. Has weather strip already on it just need to take the tape off the side that sticks to the cab. The LED brake lights from them are also really easy plug and play. In my opinion recon is the way to go just for how easy it is to install. They had the customer in mind when making these lights. And they look awesome!

do you have photo's on your truck ???

• 3 months later...

Archived