I got off of the the phone with my case worker with GM Customer Care, she said my local dealer will not do a ride along in my truck with me anymore. She suggested that I take it to another GMC or Chevy dealer for repair. What kind of a game is being played here? I purchased my truck out of state, but does that give the right of my local dealer (service mgr) to kick me out of his shop? Customer Care said she will document that I will be taking the truck to a Chevy dealer for second opinion. I told her "No", but that I would consider it. I think from this point on, I am going to get advise from lemon lawyer. The way the truck rides, I feel that from what I read, a new set of Michelins or Nitto's is all that it would take for vibration to go away. A new set of Goodyear sra tires were put on by my local dealer, but that only made the vibration just feel different in steering and a little in the seat. It was 97 degrees yesterday and truck rode better than it ever has been. I can usually feel it from about 20-25 mph and up. But yesterday, it was much improved, I assume the high temp made it ride better. On one of the attempts, the dealer did find about a pint of water in one wheel when he broke it down, but yet he claimed that it balanced out good the time before, when I had it in. The last time I spoke to him face to face, I asked him why he keeps sending me the truck back to me saying it is repaired, when the vibration is still there. He had no answer and diverted to another topic. Politicians and car dealers are very similar.

Should I go with the lemon law or another dealer? I don't want to or should I, be buying tires or paying for troubleshooting out of my pocket when GMC is the one who needs to be paying and worrying about getting it fixed. They built it, sold it and warranty'd it, by law, it is their responsibility to deliver a vehicle that is non-defective.

Will keep you posted.

If you really think it's the tires, and you're considering a lemon law as your next move, why not try new tires first? You can take advantage of the Michelin 30 day satisfaction deal where you can take the tires back within 30 days if you don't like them. Sucks spending the money but if it fixes your problem, then you saved a whole lot of headache going through a lemon law process to get a new truck that may possibly have the same problem. If it doesn't work, then you know for sure that a lemon law lawyer is the next move without any question.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you are saying about the tires, but I don't feel I need to be the one who troubleshoots the truck. I don't want to jeapordize my situation by having someone else work on my truck and also be out $1100 for tires. If it does fix the problem, what do I do next, return the tires or leave them on and then I am out $1100. I don't mean to sound crappy to you, but GM built it, now they to man up and do the repair. I hope you understand my frustration, not with you, but with GM.

Customer Service did call me today and left message on phone to see if I took it to another dealer yet. I left message with her asking if she could call the GMC or Chevy dealers in my area and see which one has most experience in repairing vibration issue. I figured she would probably have more luck on getting an honest answer than I would. I told her from what I've read, some dealers are more willing to work on the vibration, than other dealers. I will wait till she calls before I do anything.

I understand what you are saying about the tires, but I don't feel I need to be the one who troubleshoots the truck. I don't want to jeapordize my situation by having someone else work on my truck and also be out $1100 for tires. If it does fix the problem, what do I do next, return the tires or leave them on and then I am out $1100. I don't mean to sound crappy to you, but GM built it, now they to man up and do the repair. I hope you understand my frustration, not with you, but with GM.

No need to clarify man I know exactly what you're saying. I'm basically on the same page with regards to it being Gm's problem to handle, not yours. I'm doing somewhat the same thing in that I'm just going to keep bringing it up to the dealer and stay patient and polite with them. So far they've been helpful but have not been able to solve it. I suspect it's the tires which is why I'm taking more of a "f*** it" attitude and waiting them out. I figure the vibration isn't that bad and I suspect it's my tires which I would just have to replace at some point anyway. So unless the problem gets terrible I'm more inclined to tolerate it. I did just drive 7 hours to South Carolina last weekend and the truck seemed to vibrate a little at first but then it smoothed out and the rest of the ride was fantastic. Right now it's in the shop for hail damage though so I can't continue to test it this week. But I'm basically just analyzing the conditions when it happens so I can better educate the dealer.

Silverado-Hareek,

I grew up in S.E. Kansas and moved when I was 40. People and businesses there are a whole lot more concerned about their customers interests. Anywhere from doctors, dentists, carpenters, car dealers, etc., you are a person to them and not just a number or a bourdon on them. In the Memphis area, every professional I have delt with, they really just want your money and then get the f*** out of here! I am not used to trying to get screwed around every corner, I still hope there is still someone honest out there. Business owners will say they will call me back and they might do it three or four days later....after I call them to remind them to call me back. Just a total breakdown in customer care responsibility. The GM district service manager and my local dealer came up with the decision not to look at my truck anymore, what is that all about? My local dealer didn't even have the courtisy to phone me, GM customer care lady is the one who relayed me that info. I really hate the Memphis area!! Everybody is only out for themself! You know something is wrong when t.v. makes crime shows about murders in Memphis. I just can't move at this time, wife and I have too good of jobs around here. We will move out of this cesspool of animals (humans), when my son is out of high school. I am starting to get the cut throat attitude and that is why I am not going to ease up on getting this truck repaired or replaced at GM's expense. I have swallowed enough crap from people around here.....my belly is full.

The best advice i can give is stay cool and email the top people. I emailed Marry Bara a while back. Had someone call me to see if it was fixed. Had a follow up a few weeks later. Told them the seat wasnt working correct again and thw back was crooked now. A week or so later which was last thursday another top gm person calls and offers to buy back. Today all numbers were worked and they our giving me 46k for my 2014 silverado. That covers the -6k from my 2012 that rolled over also. This restored my faith in GM. Im very pleased with how they handled this. A local dealer worked with gm and is putting me in a 2500 with the 6.6 tonight. They called today ran my credit and also got me a lower apr then i previously had. Im very pleased with gm at this point. Also the manager said if I have any problems at all with this truck to call him and he will add on a 75k mile bumper to bumper extended warranty for free. Best advice and this worked for me this time was keeping my cool and not getting upset or raising my voice.

I had a 98 I had special ordered that had a problem Chevrolet dealers couldn't seem to fix. I used their receipts and my written record of my calls to their customer service. I went thru the Better Business Bureau to mediate. They ruled Chevrolet had to buy back the vehicle. Document the conversations to supplement the work invoices.

You'll have an opportunity to explain your side uninterrupted. You should have a written outline to speak from. It should start with the date you bought the truck and step thru your discovery of the issue and each contact and service the dealership performed for the issue. Tell the whole story all at once. No subjectivity. Just the facts. All in chronological order....'Jan 20th it was repaired, Jan 25th i noticed it was leaking again...'

You should have the outline typed and easy to follow along with all the repair invoices. Have copies of all your documents to give to the mediator.

Don't argue with GM rep. Or anyone else for that matter. Stay calm and allow the rep to speak his side.politeness counts

Chevrolet repaid all taxes and license fees as well as all payments and interest charges.

Excellent advise . If I can not get my problems finally fixed I my do this myself.

If you really think it's the tires, and you're considering a lemon law as your next move, why not try new tires first? You can take advantage of the Michelin 30 day satisfaction deal where you can take the tires back within 30 days if you don't like them. Sucks spending the money but if it fixes your problem, then you saved a whole lot of headache going through a lemon law process to get a new truck that may possibly have the same problem. If it doesn't work, then you know for sure that a lemon law lawyer is the next move without any question.

Another option:

http://toyotires.com/customer-care/trial-offer

• 7 months later...

I have owned GMC & Chev trucks all my life and believe they are a relatively good product. Recently I purchased a 2015 Sierra SLT and unfortunately ended up with a Lemon and not getting any assistance from the dealership or GM Canada, as we do not have a Lemon Law in Alberta.

In the first 1600 km my truck shifted into first gear at 100 km/hr (60 mph) and took me off the highway, which after some diplomatic arguing with the dealership they replaced the transmission verses just fixing it. Noticed the fins on the radiator were crushed and I was overheating so GM replaced the radiator. Despite multiple sensors false readings & warnings the service department says, "oh that's just normal, they are sensitive, you should know better not to buy a vehicle in the cross over years" I have had my headlights & tail lights not come on for anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes of driving in the dark, replaced them with HIDs, which was good for a while now they won't come on when its cold. Now I have owned the vehicle for 8 weeks and 4 of those weeks it has been in the shop....Lemon?

Mountainboy

• 1 month later...

I own a 2014 gmc all terrain with unresolved vibration issues, it's unreal that dealerships and GM corporate will not work with their customers to resolve problem. After they get your money you will be forgotten. Trying to trade my lemon in for a non vibrating truck. Looking at ford or Toyota and I know I will lose thousands on my trade. I have talked with GM corporate for buy back.they said there was nothing wrong with my truck so they wouldn't do anything for me also threaten them with lemon law and they could have care less and said have a good day . I have loss confidence with gmc

Very good links on vibration test, my 2014 GMC terrain package with bad vibration at 80 mph had the tires Rf after that had complete rear end installed , after that I had a very bad vibration in the steering wheel to make my hands tingle also had a vibration Analysis done , found ring and pinion was bad in new rear end . After ring and pinion replace and new shock still had a vibration in the steering wheel it is a constant vibration also gets worse with speed and weight, dealership didn't know what else to do to correct vibration problem also . GM corporate said there was nothing wrong with this truck it was normal to have vibrations. I'm Guessing this was a feature gmc had that I didn't know about was a vibrating steering wheel. !!!! Warrantee on a trucks are only good if they actually fix the problem I started having problems 17 days after I bought this truck ,

Moxie, I'm in the same boat! Dealer, service techs, field engineers and analysis agree there is a vibe. GM District manager disagrees, tells me he thinks "it rides better than most he's driven" and that he WILL NOT buy it back. Offered me $5K assistance and refused to negotiate. Leaves me almost $7K in the hole to get into a '15.

Feels like GM is reverting to the pre-bailout GM... Basically leaving me with no other avenue but to get a lawyer involved. $50K for the truck and tehy wont even stand behind thier warranty.

Archived