Post pics of your Crew Cabs with Standard Beds (6'6")

Dropsix

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150 a month more for crew over double cab? those were not the same builds at all...unless thats only over 1 year.

i compared a double cab to a crew cab with a damn near similar build and the price was only a grand apart at most.

would i have liked the standard box? yup

but i needed the smallest big truck i could get. adults sit in the back seat so crew cab was required. tight parking spots, driving on he 401 to work downtown...etc...etc..etc..

shorter overall length was needed.

next truck if my work situation changed (fingers crossed) ill have a SLT Crew standard box, but it just doesnt fit some peoples lifestyle, i also cant go more than a 2" lift or i cant get into some of my offices parking..antenna already hits, its my feeler gauge.

I hear you bud. Recently I took my truck downtown T.O. and tried squeezing into a parking garage and it wasn't pretty. The antenna was bouncing around like crazy and it was just too tight. Managed to get out in one piece though.

The parking issue can be a bit of a problem ,I live in the country so for me it really isn't a problem but I am always mindful of where I am going and if the parking will be sufficient if I figure the parking spaces will be too small I take my wifes camry instead,my previous truck was a 02 duramax with crew cab and 6.5 bed and I had the two side by side before I sold the duramax and my new truck looked to be about 6 inches longer.

Driving around a Crew Cab with the 6.6 ft bed is one thing. I've been driving around a Crew Cab 8 ft, and I have to say I don't really notice it until I'm going thru the Dunkin Donuts Drive thru or dropping my son off at school. I have mastered the drive thru down so I can make it in and out now with no issues. And at my son's school, I just pull in at the end of the lot where I can take the 2 spots up I need to "fit". It's now been nicknamed the "Freight Train" because of its lenght.

By the way, here is what it looks like. fd2c28572656b4e89a4f6f1487770301.jpg

Been driving cc standard box trucks for about 5 years now.

Never met a drive thru it wouldn't handle. The 3/4 ton is taller so I'm extra careful in parking garages. Need to remember the length is some parking lots. Sometimes just park further away, with the corvettes :rolleyes: .

That said, things have changed, and I'm going back to a double cab. (and to a 1500).

Drive what works for you. Everyone has different 'needs' and 'wants'.

Driving around a Crew Cab with the 6.6 ft bed is one thing. I've been driving around a Crew Cab 8 ft, and I have to say I don't really notice it until I'm going thru the Dunkin Donuts Drive thru or dropping my son off at school. I have mastered the drive thru down so I can make it in and out now with no issues. And at my son's school, I just pull in at the end of the lot where I can take the 2 spots up I need to "fit". It's now been nicknamed the "Freight Train" because of its lenght.

Dear Chevrolet, drill 2 LESS holes in the wheels in this photo please. Thank you. :driving:

Have seen the tow mirrors on a half ton, but those wheels look great too.

nice truck! Are the plastic bed caps still on underneath your topper? Or were they removed?

Thanks. Yes, plastic bed caps are still on bed underneath the shell. The shell has a little skirting around the edge that covers the top of the bed to make the shell look more custom I guess.

HAHA we used to call mine the "school bus". have the standard bed now and realized quickly i didn't need the extra 18-20 inches....

• 6 months later...

I wanted the short bed because, well, I drive in Miami pretty often and it's hard enough to find a spot that will fit my Crew Cab short bed. But now I'm looking at this thread and I must say I'm kind of jealous... :P

Archived