14' Silverado 1500 z71 cranking issue

• 4 months later...

I find my 2015 was like that too from day one. Always struggling (if thats the word?) to start. Now that its got more kilometers on it its starting to start way faster. Not sure if its just part of the break in period or what or if its the direct injection, but 15,000km now and i see a change already

My 2014 5.3 was the same way it is a bit disconcerting but it never failed to start it would just have a longer crank time when cold. Not sure on this 16 as we are having warm temps here in middle TN seems to start on first or second revolution so far. (750 miles and 1 week)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

You’ll often see a longer crank period when there’s a large temperature swing between when the truck was shut off, and started (like a 30-40* temp drop overnight) as the last recorded fuel/air mix parameters no longer apply. On many vehicles, I’ve found turning the key to “ON” for 5 seconds before starting minimizes cranking time.