Why does just the Yukon get all the new tech?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry I just don't buy that. gm competitors have some/all of the options available, though I haven't priced them all out I'm sure they are all in the same range if not more for the denali. 60k for a denali. I don't expect all options to be there or even at the price listed but not to have some of the options available is stupid imo.

Ryan, the HUD has been in the Corvette since the C5 came out in the late 90's. I think there may have been an earlier version in a Pontiac or Oldmobile prior to that even. I will try yo research it.

Lots of reasons

New technology - test on one platform then pass it on to others

Target users - they feel the end user doesn't want or need the feature

Cost cost cost, this goes back to the customer. What will they be willing to pay extra for

Another thing it's a never ending game there is always new technology. Works out well for the mfr if you bought a truck in 14 then 2 yrs later they add features you have to have so you go buy a new truck.

One feature I cannot figure out why they dont have yet in the trucks is a heads up display. Love it in my camaro and they have used it since 2010.

Can't have everything

Ryan

Ryan, the HUD has been in the Corvette since the C5 came out in the late 90's. I think there may have been an earlier version in a Pontiac or Oldmobile prior to that even. I will try yo research it.

Edit: found it. The first commercial auto application was the 1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme!

My 1965 c-10 had none of this and it hauled my ass to work and hay on the weekends..... just sayin

And how much did that cost you? I think he is saying for 60k you do not get alot these days compared to the technology that's out there....

And how much did that cost you? I think he is saying for 60k you do not get alot these days compared to the technology that's out there....

...I should have added.... "that's the way it was and we liked it" <-- grumpy old man, Dana Carvey

On the subject matter of blind spot avoidance... This past weekend, while towing a trailer, I turned my left signal on, waited three blinks, checked the mirrors, and started to change lanes. out of the corner of my left eye through the back door window I catch a glimpse of black chrysler 300 hitting the shoulder of the interstate. I moved back into my lane and the guy passes me with that look of disdain. When we got to where we were going I asked a friend that was driving behind me how long that car had been beside me. He said that it had been there for five minutes or more. He saw my signal and said I gave ample notice that I was coming over. In my opinion I did everything I should have, the car did not appear in rear view, side mirror or side spot mirror. Why is it that some drivers just have to drive in the blind spot of other vehicles? And why is it that they always think you are encroaching on them?

My question is, why did you all buy these trucks if you knew they did not have these options? I am guessing you all drove them, did some research and looked over everything before you laid down your $60K. You can't complain about something you KNEW the truck did not have.

Why is it that some drivers just have to drive in the blind spot of other vehicles? And why is it that they always think you are encroaching on them?

I try to get over when trucks/trailers are signaling, but to be honest I only started doing as I got older and trailered myself. People who don't trailer are oblivious to how it is driving with the weight of your truck+ behind your truck. I started to honk my horn and leave my blinker on for a long time to give people notice. If they don't get it by then I slowely start to get over and hopefully they will get it.

Though I agree checking the mirror then the blind spot is the way to go. mirrors can miss a lot

My question is, why did you all buy these trucks if you knew they did not have these options? I am guessing you all drove them, did some research and looked over everything before you laid down your $60K. You can't complain about something you KNEW the truck did not have.

We can discuss anything we like in a forum for discussing gm trucks. I haven't driven the brand new truck I ordered. I have done some research and that is why we are discussing why gm doesn't have some of these options available in the Sierra, but are available in the yukon.

I'm not saying my new truck I ordered isn't going to be great, would be nice if certain options were available

...In my opinion I did everything I should have, the car did not appear in rear view, side mirror or side spot mirror...

Uhmm...ever heard of a so called "shoulder check"?

No matter how long and how hard you work your turn signal you're still supposed to check the blind spot.

so long

j-ten-ner

I love this response man, I knew what I was getting into. I test drove it for the weekend before I signed the contract. Main reason I went GM was for the employee discount pricing. I looked at the new Fords and loved the features, I don't trust them though (ford not the features) and the Sierra fit my pockets better.

I agree though with the others, you would think some of the features on the other gm suv's would be available as options.

-Skeet

On the subject matter of blind spot avoidance... This past weekend, while towing a trailer, I turned my left signal on, waited three blinks, checked the mirrors, and started to change lanes. out of the corner of my left eye through the back door window I catch a glimpse of black chrysler 300 hitting the shoulder of the interstate. I moved back into my lane and the guy passes me with that look of disdain. When we got to where we were going I asked a friend that was driving behind me how long that car had been beside me. He said that it had been there for five minutes or more. He saw my signal and said I gave ample notice that I was coming over. In my opinion I did everything I should have, the car did not appear in rear view, side mirror or side spot mirror. Why is it that some drivers just have to drive in the blind spot of other vehicles? And why is it that they always think you are encroaching on them?

Now would be a good time to hand in your licence. Your are menace on the road. Get some lessons or quit driving before you kill somebody.

I hate it when people that do that.

Archived