E-85 at $1.22 per gallon!

I guess I'd need to actually run a few tanks through just to see what MY hit would be, then calculate the break even point. There is a station right by my house, but I've been waiting for a 25% difference as a general stated rule of thumb to try it. sitting right around 18% difference last I remember.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American reliance on foreign oil is at a 30 year low. E85 offers an awesome power gain but it is hardly a path toward energy independence.

No one said it is.

I said " it's a piece of the energy independence puzzle and an All American industry".

Part of the reason foreign oil is at a 30 year low is almost all the gas available is 10% ethanol, and some of us are burning E85.

All the money spent on E85 is money not sent overseas (at least 85% of it) and helps our trade deficit and unemployment.

No one said it is.

I said " it's a piece of the energy independence puzzle and an All American industry".

Part of the reason foreign oil is at a 30 year low is almost all the gas available is 10% ethanol, and some of us are burning E85.

All the money spent on E85 is money not sent overseas (at least 85% of it) and helps our trade deficit and unemployment.

Since well over 50% of the dino oil we use is domestically produced (and our biggest import sources are 1) Canada and 2) Mexico, which does not bother me much at all), when we use e85 we are really using VERY little Middle East oil. That makes me happy too.

My point is that a majority of the oil is domestically produced now too and I'd be willing to bet a good amount of the foreign oil is from Canada, not the Middle East. Ethanol fuels was a bone tossed by the Feds to the agricultural industry, nothing more. I ran E85 nearly exclusively for the first two years I lived in Michigan before I got sick of the crappy range you're forced to put up with.

My point is that a majority of the oil is domestically produced now too and I'd be willing to bet a good amount of the foreign oil is from Canada, not the Middle East. Ethanol fuels was a bone tossed by the Feds to the agricultural industry, nothing more. I ran E85 nearly exclusively for the first two years I lived in Michigan before I got sick of the crappy range you're forced to put up with.

I think our gas tanks are way too small anyway. Why has a short bed been limited to 26 gals for so many years? 1500 Suburbans get 35! I'm sure a 35, 50 whatever would fit bx the rails.

I think our gas tanks are way too small anyway. Why has a short bed been limited to 26 gals for so many years? 1500 Suburbans get 35! I'm sure a 35, 50 whatever would fit bx the rails.

I'm fine with 26 since my last truck, a 98, also had a 26 gallon tank. As long as it doesn't get smaller I won't complain, especially since my '14 gets way better mileage than my 98. I was about to do a 300 mile round trip to the beach and another 100 while at the beach for a total of 400 miles and when I got home it was right on 1/4 full. It's no way I could have gotten close to that with my 98, I would have had to fill up before coming back.

I just need a touch more for a Canada run I do to visit family, and its about 450 round trip, I fill till the top literally and just can get back over, hoping for no jamb ups at bridges, hopefully with the added mpg on the 14 it won't be so close, I is d to bring a 5 gallon with me, hate buying that expensive Canada gas

E85 price has been $1.60/gal or lower for the last month or so at the nearest station to me. It hasn't been worth it economically for me to run E85 since I got 93 at under a dollar per gallon. I'm on value streak nowadays, I usually don't care about MPG.

E85 price has been $1.60/gal or lower for the last month or so at the nearest station to me. It hasn't been worth it economically for me to run E85 since I got 93 at under a dollar per gallon. I'm on value streak nowadays, I usually don't care about MPG.

93 under a dollar in Ohio?

93 under a dollar in Ohio?

Not widely available ;) I have an arrangement with this guy who has lots of GetGo FuelPerks! available, so much that he's selling it at half the price of the lowest octane price which, in and around Columbus, is less than $2. So, my price for 93 is under a buck.

The kicker is, GetGo no longer sells E85 :( So, I'm now "forced" to run 93 in the truck for value/economic purposes. This deal won't last forever so I need to take advantage of it as much as possible. I dislike how sluggish the truck is when running anything other than E85. The price of being sensible :(

Archived