Levelling with Fox Shocks

Dang it. What about a drop bracket 5" kit by rough country? I guess I am afraid that spending the $910 for the fox coilovers will not fix the noise and it will end up being something else that I need to fix it. I guess they will ride better though.

I mean I can't diagnose your noise over the Internet, nor can I really pinpoint it based on details you gave. More likely than not suspension related. Components that could make noises are upper and lower balljoints, sway bar bushings links and the bar itself, struts, strut mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I can't diagnose your noise over the Internet, nor can I really pinpoint it based on details you gave. More likely than not suspension related. Components that could make noises are upper and lower balljoints, sway bar bushings links and the bar itself, struts, strut mounts.

I mean i had a shop look at it and they couldn't figure it out. They told me it wasn't balljoints though.

There are good reviews on the 5in. Also lots of ppl running the 3.5 w/ uca's and like it.

yea i just can't decide. there are a lot of 3.5" kits out there like rough country's. Fabtech makes one thats $670 and a ready lift that is $990 but all 3 are essentially the same with strut spacers, uca's, and diff drop that fabtech and rough country require cutting your cross member to clear the front differential but ready lift's instructions have no mention of doing this.

So i guess i have more research to do. A lot more haha

I mean i had a shop look at it and they couldn't figure it out. They told me it wasn't balljoints though.

yea i just can't decide. there are a lot of 3.5" kits out there like rough country's. Fabtech makes one thats $670 and a ready lift that is $990 but all 3 are essentially the same with strut spacers, uca's, and diff drop that fabtech and rough country require cutting your cross member to clear the front differential but ready lift's instructions have no mention of doing this.

So i guess i have more research to do. A lot more haha

I'm in same boat as you. I love the look of the 3.5 with 35s. Lots of people around here run that set up. Not near the problems that I read on here. These are from local shops fb page post-155890-150155599931_thumb.jpgpost-155890-150155601018_thumb.jpgpost-155890-150155602586_thumb.jpg

post-155890-150155599931_thumb.jpg

post-155890-150155601018_thumb.jpg

post-155890-150155602586_thumb.jpg

I'm in same boat as you. I love the look of the 3.5 with 35s. Lots of people around here run that set up. Not near the problems that I read on here. These are from local shops fb page attachicon.gifIMG_1592.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1586.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1587.JPG

It definitely looks good. I just want the annoying kreaking noises i get a low speeds to go away and the ride to be a little better but i guess you can't have it all haha. I am going to keep digging for first hand reviews of the 3.5'' kit and hopefully come to a decision soon.

I emailed mrt Motorsports but have yet to get a reply. Kinda looking towards the rough country 3.5" kit with UCA's now too. Have heard some ppl running this with 0 problems

Here is our reply just for anyone else interested.

Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for the message. Its possible the leveling kit is causing the noise. It slightly changes the shock angle which can cause creaking and noise as the shock cycles. Its possible that the upper mount is not tight causing the noise as well. If its a steel or alum spacer and not poly, they are known to be somewhat loud.

The FOX 2.0 is a complete front shock replacement unit that comes assembled. You will gain back the lost uptravel while gaining a little down travel as well over stock. I cant tell you whether or not it will solve your noise issues as I dont have the truck in front of me, but changing the shocks has cured that issue in the past. The ride quality will be greatly improved over stock, and even better over stock shocks with a spacer. You will notice much more compliance the first time you drive it, and I bet youll aim for some potholes as most are surprised with how well it soaks up bumps.

The shocks come preset at 2-2.25" depending on your engine/cab configuration. They can be adjusted up to 2.5", or 3" with an aftermarket upper control arm.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Here is our reply just for anyone else interested.

Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for the message. Its possible the leveling kit is causing the noise. It slightly changes the shock angle which can cause creaking and noise as the shock cycles. Its possible that the upper mount is not tight causing the noise as well. If its a steel or alum spacer and not poly, they are known to be somewhat loud.

The FOX 2.0 is a complete front shock replacement unit that comes assembled. You will gain back the lost uptravel while gaining a little down travel as well over stock. I cant tell you whether or not it will solve your noise issues as I dont have the truck in front of me, but changing the shocks has cured that issue in the past. The ride quality will be greatly improved over stock, and even better over stock shocks with a spacer. You will notice much more compliance the first time you drive it, and I bet youll aim for some potholes as most are surprised with how well it soaks up bumps.

The shocks come preset at 2-2.25" depending on your engine/cab configuration. They can be adjusted up to 2.5", or 3" with an aftermarket upper control arm.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Thanks for the reply! I have done more research on these and unfortunately have heard some bad reviews where some people have ended up sending them back or selling them because they can't get them dialed in on their trucks. I really wanted to believe these would be easy to install. I understand They might not solve my kreaking noises but I would like a better ride. I am just afraid of having to adjust them if they do not come pre-set to 2-2.25" of lift. I noticed your site says you have limited quantities left. How many do you have? Getting a bonus at the end of this month and I am thinking of purchasing these.

Thanks again

Edited by Clemsontiger88

Thanks for the reply! I have done more research on these and unfortunately have heard some bad reviews where some people have ended up sending them back or selling them because they can't get them dialed in on their trucks. I really wanted to believe these would be easy to install. I understand They might not solve my kreaking noises but I would like a better ride. I am just afraid of having to adjust them if they do not come pre-set to 2-2.25" of lift. I noticed your site says you have limited quantities left. How many do you have? Getting a bonus at the end of this month and I am thinking of purchasing these.

Thanks again

I'm pretty sure most of those bad reviews you heard are from the first generation of the fox 2.0 coilovers for our trucks. There was a lot of confusion due to the different control arms pressed steel/cast steel/aluminum and the two different part numbers by fox. These issues have been resolved. My Fox 2.5 coilovers installed super easy! As with any coil over you may have to raise or lower it a little due to the fact that every truck is different! Different motors, cabs and beds . Out of the box my Fox coilovers were perfect but I dicided to raise it a 1/4 inch so I had to adjust the coil. It really is easy to install just a pain to turn the coil adjuster. Have a professional shop who knows how to install these so you do not have to worry about. They are worth every penny!

I also got my Fox 2.5's from MRT and were shipped directly from fox and I received 2days after I ordered!! I expected to wait a month lol!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure most of those bad reviews you heard are from the first generation of the fox 2.0 coilovers for our trucks. There was a lot of confusion due to the different control arms pressed steel/cast steel/aluminum and the two different part numbers by fox. These issues have been resolved. My Fox 2.5 coilovers installed super easy! As with any coil over you may have to raise or lower it a little due to the fact that every truck is different! Different motors, cabs and beds . Out of the box my Fox coilovers were perfect but I dicided to raise it a 1/4 inch so I had to adjust the coil. It really is easy to install just a pain to turn the coil adjuster. Have a professional shop who knows how to install these so you do not have to worry about. They are worth every penny!

I also got my Fox 2.5's from MRT and were shipped directly from fox and I received 2days after I ordered!! I expected to wait a month lol!

Alexantics is correct, the issues you have read about are mostly related to the first generation of FOX 2.0 shocks that have been discontinued. FOX has correct the issues on both the 2.0 and 2.5 shocks and they are riding great now.

@Alexantics - do you have a build thread? Id love to see your ride with all the gear installed.

• Like 1

Alexantics is correct, the issues you have read about are mostly related to the first generation of FOX 2.0 shocks that have been discontinued. FOX has correct the issues on both the 2.0 and 2.5 shocks and they are riding great now.

@Alexantics - do you have a build thread? Id love to see your ride with all the gear installed.

I do not have one yet! I need to get on that lol. Thank you again for all of the advice/help! I still can't believe how fast everything got to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey if its in stock (FOX is one of the worst backorder offenders, along with ICON) we try to get it shipped out the day you purchase it. Im so happy you are liking the setup!

MRT, do you have any more 2.0 kits availble? I checked your website but can't find them. Assume no you don't but wanted to sure.

Thanks

MRT, do you have any more 2.0 kits availble? I checked your website but can't find them. Assume no you don't but wanted to sure.

Thanks

FYI, they come with 1.5" of lift straight out of the box, not 2-2.5". I've spoken with Fox multiple times now about these and 1.5" out of the box is exactly what they set them to at the factory (they had me measure to make sure we received the right coilover).

I've installed these on both a 4WD LTZ Z71 and a 2WD LT. 2WD had 0.1-0.2" more of lift.

Mine also took awhile for shipping, so if you're ordering through Chas, make sure you're patient with them as they're too busy to update you on when your products will come in.

FYI, they come with 1.5" of lift straight out of the box, not 2-2.5". I've spoken with Fox multiple times now about these and 1.5" out of the box is exactly what they set them to at the factory (they had me measure to make sure we received the right coilover).

I've installed these on both a 4WD LTZ Z71 and a 2WD LT. 2WD had 0.1-0.2" more of lift.

Mine also took awhile for shipping, so if you're ordering through Chas, make sure you're patient with them as they're too busy to update you on when your products will come in.

Appreciate the info. But I am pretty sure he said he has them in stock and will have them adjusted to 2.5" before shipment. Will have to go back and find that message.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...