Levelling with Fox Shocks

• 1 month later...

So it sounds like mixed reviews on how much lift these will provide. I have a 2.5" level kit with stock struts. It is almost perfect height. If anything I would like to get another 1/4" higher. Will the fox coilovers 985-02-018 do this? One spot said they can and some say they won't. For those who have installed these with this much desired height, have you been able to retain the height?

So it sounds like mixed reviews on how much lift these will provide. I have a 2.5" level kit with stock struts. It is almost perfect height. If anything I would like to get another 1/4" higher. Will the fox coilovers 985-02-018 do this? One spot said they can and some say they won't. For those who have installed these with this much desired height, have you been able to retain the height?

No that part numbers for the Fox 2.0s I believe and anything over 2.5" is gonna make the ride super rough. They give you 1.5" stock and you can crank them down for another inch or so.

If you want more than 2.5", I'd go with a 2.5 system and new UCA's to correct angles. You could easily get 2.5-3" from one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I see people mixing things up with shocks and using parts of leveling kit. I could do that to keep the shocks at providing 2" of level from the shocks then use the top mount spacer to get 2.5" To avoid over extending the amount of travel. I have used the cognito control arms before and I like them. I'll check to see how the angles are and if I need to replace the uppers I will.

Ok. I see people mixing things up with shocks and using parts of leveling kit. I could do that to keep the shocks at providing 2" of level from the shocks then use the top mount spacer to get 2.5" To avoid over extending the amount of travel. I have used the cognito control arms before and I like them. I'll check to see how the angles are and if I need to replace the uppers I will.

Don't forget differential spacers

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the orders! We have a few sets left in stock for $910 delivered front and rear!

Use code: GMTRUCKS

http://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/fox-racing-shocks/fox-20-performance-series-shocks/98502018fullset/i-3735491.aspx

Okay so I have read through this thread a couple times now and I think I understand what I need. But a quick question first... I have a 2015 4x4 dbl cab. I have been running a 2.5" u-shaped leveling kit up front for a few months now. The truck creakes and moans at low speed. Had a shop look into it. They think it's the leveling kit. All ball joints and axles looked good. They tightened up the leveling kit but it still does it. I hate it and am thinking these will solve my problem as well as give me back my down travel. (Big bumps suck!) Almost positive I have the normal steel UCA's. Do you think this kit will solve my problems?

Thanks!

Okay so I have read through this thread a couple times now and I think I understand what I need. But a quick question first... I have a 2015 4x4 dbl cab. I have been running a 2.5" u-shaped leveling kit up front for a few months now. The truck creakes and moans at low speed. Had a shop look into it. They think it's the leveling kit. All ball joints and axles looked good. They tightened up the leveling kit but it still does it. I hate it and am thinking these will solve my problem as well as give me back my down travel. (Big bumps suck!) Almost positive I have the normal steel UCA's. Do you think this kit will solve my problems?

Thanks!

Creaks like a sharp snap? That was balljoints on my truck. Knocks could be loose crossmember, or even blown strut.

Creaks like a sharp snap? That was balljoints on my truck. Knocks could be loose crossmember, or even blown strut.

No not really snapping. Just like knocking mostly. At speed under 25mph. Especially at like 5-10. But like I said, I had the shop I trust and have used for all my vehicles look at it and hey said it was not ball joints. But I'm too worried that it is to just leave it. My theory is if something is making noise then it can't be good haha. What crossmember could be loose and how?? Edited by Clemsontiger88

No not really snapping. Just like knocking mostly. At speed under 25mph. Especially at like 5-10. But like I said, I had the shop I trust and have used for all my vehicles look at it and hey said it was not ball joints. But I'm too worried that it is to just leave it. My theory is if something is making noise then it can't be good haha. What crossmember could be loose and how??

The second one if your looking from the front of the truck. Have you checked swaybar links? If not those then most likely your shocks. It's tough to diagnose with limited info

The second one if your looking from the front of the truck. Have you checked swaybar links? If not those then most likely your shocks. It's tough to diagnose with limited info

Crossmember underneath seems fine as well as sway bar at every point. Could shocks really go that quickly? I mean I do have 63k miles. Just figured they could last till 100k. Or did my leveling kit maybe wear them out faster? Edited by Clemsontiger88

My balljoint started making noise after a few thousand miles

I emailed mrt Motorsports but have yet to get a reply. Kinda looking towards the rough country 3.5" kit with UCA's now too. Have heard some ppl running this with 0 problems

• Like 1

I emailed mrt Motorsports but have yet to get a reply. Kinda looking towards the rough country 3.5" kit with UCA's now too. Have heard some ppl running this with 0 problems

definitely would not recommend that kit

• Like 1

definitely would not recommend that kit

Dang it. What about a drop bracket 5" kit by rough country? I guess I am afraid that spending the $910 for the fox coilovers will not fix the noise and it will end up being something else that I need to fix it. I guess they will ride better though.

Dang it. What about a drop bracket 5" kit by rough country? I guess I am afraid that spending the $910 for the fox coilovers will not fix the noise and it will end up being something else that I need to fix it. I guess they will ride better though.

There are good reviews on the 5in. Also lots of ppl running the 3.5 w/ uca's and like it.