Brake Line Replacement

Just got my truck back from my mechanic with the new brake lines installed. I don't have a hoist so I didn't feel good about trying to replace the kit on the floor. Bought the AC-Delco GM factory pre-bent kit (see above post) from Amazon for about $70 and my mechanic only charged $300 which included bending and replacing the rear axle line which isn't in the kit. I had soaked everything with PB Blaster a couple times and he had no problems anywhere. Instead of raising the bed, he cut and spliced (with flare fittings) the rear line.

Now, I can tow the boat or camper without worrying about popping a brake line!

Awesome, I had mine done about 2 weeks ago, not the greatest fit (probably from the year issue). It took the local shop all day (~7 hours) to do it all. Also had to change the front drivers side axle seal too. He showed me the lines he removed. He cut a severely rusted line that attached to the ABS module and a clean line and compared each. The rusted line was degraded to almost a paper thin wall. It was a matter of time before it failed unfortunately. Now hopefully I'll get up to the quarter million mile mark next! :-D

Archived