Why did you buy your truck?

NorthskyblueT1

i have always liked trucks, but never considered myself a truck guy. This is now my first truck and don't plan on going back. Personal use, and finding a way to use the bed almost every day. Camping is also a lot easier now too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at 2 at a cali dealer because i needed a truck. My friend was the salesman and i was in texas. Had my choice of a 2004 SLE 2wd extended cab or a white 2006 SLT z71 crew cab. 06 had more miles and was $5000 more. I was also 18 with no wife or kids so i thought the bed space would be more practical for me

My wife keeps asking me that same question. My standard answer is "in case I need one". Have not towed anything yet, but I did haul a 1 x 6 a few weekends ago. I split daily driving between the truck and the 00 Vette, depending on my mood.

I've only owned trucks since I started driving. Bought a 01 f150 when I was 17. Loved the truck, but bent the frame so I bought an 04 f150. Had the 04 for about a year till the motor went. Since I didn't want another used truck I wanted something new with a warrantee, so I went truck shopping. Went to ford first and they wanted almost $45k for an extended cab truck. So I went to chevy found the truck I wanted that was $15k cheaper then the ford.

Had a 2005 Trailblazer EXT that was starting to have some issues. The man issue was it began to die at stoplights and stop signs with zero codes popping up. Had the tb removed and cleaned and a few other things but no one could figure out why it was happening. I was tired of dealing with it and decided to visit a local GMC dealer to see about upgrading to a newer truck. I truly expected them to say sorry, we can't help you, and then be on my way. Two or three hours later I was driving home in a 2011 Silverado Z71 extended cab, which still has some factory warranty. I really didn't want payments but the truck is so nice I don't care. LOL

My '13 Silverado LT was a nice truck, but under-optioned, under-equipped. I knew I should have bought the LTZ.

When the '14's came out, my first reaction was ... "Holy Sh**! Gotta have it! "

Nice Fuellie Luster! Vette's have always been my fav sports car.

I bought my truck for work, a year later I retired. I spent most of my time making my trucks fast enough for me, worked most of the time. When I retired I got rid of it, they remind me too much of work. I only drive performance stuff now. Still have an old truck , the only thing it hauls is ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived