Why did you buy your truck?

NorthskyblueT1

I've always owned a truck and don't see myself in anything else. I use it like a truck too much. Fishing, hunting, camping, projects, etc.

My first car was a '95 S-10 w/ 4.3L single cab, all manual (trans, windows, doors, etc, etc.). Drove that since I was 15 and all through college. When I graduated college I got my current truck. '08 Silverado Crew w/ 5.3.

Sometimes I wish I had never sold the S-10 and kept it just to keep it. It was a great truck and handled everything I threw at it. That little 4.3L was awesome.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've ever owned has been a GM truck and living in southern Kentucky we all drive trucks.

My first truck/vehicle that my granddad gave me from working on the farm. He gave it to me when I was twelve. Its a 1974 Chevrolet C10, 250ci inline six cylinder, 350 turbo trans and 4.10 rear-end. 100hp and 175lb-torque from the factory. Cherry bomb straight pipe exhaust. Still have it. Rebuild the 250ci engine in auto mechanics class in high school. Good ol truck.

My second truck/vehicle was a 1995 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 ex-cab, short-bed 350ci, 4l60e trans, 3.42 rear-end. Still have this truck, got it from my uncle in February 2003 when he bought a new 2003 Silverado. Got 226,000 all original miles. Its my work truck I use around the house.

My current truck/first new vehicle My 2010 GMC Sierra SLT "All Terrain" 5.3L/325ci, 6l80e trans, 3.42 rear-end. I've got 22,900 miles on it, bought it with 7.1 miles on the clock. Still has a new car smell inside, its my baby. Its damn near perfect shape.

I'm a truck guy, always have and always will be. Learned how to drive dads old 1974 Chevrolet C30 crew-cab, 350ci, 4-speed "bull-dog" tranny as we called it. It had a 4.10 rear-end and dad put a 3.73 rear-end to keep the rpm's down on the high way. He gave 500 dollars for the truck in the eighties, drove it for over 10 years. The truck was sold for 500 dollars, still running ok. Only put a 4 barrel carb and dual exhaust on it, he called it "old faithfully" that truck was bullet proof, never and I mean never let us down.

Driving a truck is just in my blood.....I'm like the old Joe Diffie song "pickup man"

Daniel

Baby hauler!

It was a chore to get the twin stroller in and out of the trunk of my 6. Every time, either the 6 or the stroller would suffer a little.

We had planned on getting a Small CUV for my wife, but decides to just get one thing we would really only use when the twins were going along, the cars would be what we drove to work.

So, the only requirement was more room. I had been wanting a truck again for a while, and had never owned a 4WD....anything...so thats how I got the Tahoe. Havent put 10k miles on in nearly 3 years.

But now my wife wants a CUV, so we will be getting one soon and the Tahoe may be redundant. I've decided I'm selling two more vehicles, but haven't decided which one stays...

e299acba18c5d253ec6edca7d94b2dce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had trucks for hauling and towing. But honestly I do more towing now then hauling, if they made a 2 door full-size Tahoe that could tow 7-8k for a decent price, I'd probably buy one…

My '13 Silverado LT was a nice truck, but under-optioned, under-equipped. I knew I should have bought the LTZ.

When the '14's came out, my first reaction was ... "Holy Sh**! Gotta have it! "

Bought them to work them. Hauling new campers to dealers across country. 2010 up to 678,000 miles still running strong.

This is my 3rd Chevy 1500.

'91 Chevy C1500 Ext cab 5.7/700R4 (currently restoring)

'00 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 5.3 (traded long time ago)

My '14 is used to haul my boat, camping gear, lumber (wood working), and other tools and gear (welding tanks etc.).

2012 GMC Sierra SLE C1500 Crew Cab. Personal daily driver.

I've always owned a truck. Started out buying my father's 1983 Silverado LWB C10 from him in 1988. Just sold that truck 2 months ago. Then bought a lightlu used 1998 Silverado Ext'd cab C1500 from the original owner. Sold it to an individual & then bought a 2001 GMC Sierra SLT Ext'd cab C1500 used off the local GMC dealer's used lot. It was a demo, driven by the CEO & loaded out with acc'y. I sold this truck to an individual then drove out of state to buy a limited production 2004 GMC Sierra SLT ext'd cab C1500 new, with the "VHO" performance package (my 1st new truck). Planned on driving that one until the wheels fell off- LOVE THAT TRUCK!!

Then I got married, and found out we were going to be parents soon. We needed more interior space than an ext'd cab could comfortably give us. I sold my 2004 GMC VHO to an individual, who drove quite a ways from out of town to get it. Then bought a new GMC Sierra SLE C1500 Crew cab, with the Texas Edition & "Preferred option group" packages, back-up camera, etc.

I bought my current 2012 GMC Sierra for the leather bucket seats. There was nothing wrong with my 2009 Sierra SLE C1500 Crew, but those cloth seats were the WORST ever made by ANY manufacturer!! I'm talking lint from other planets could get on those cloth seats!! :throwup:

I bought my last 4 trucks from the dealer...

I always keep a truck around because I think every household needs a truck for various reasons. I use it as a truck on occasion. I don't have time to fish or hunt, wish I did. It's my daily driver but mostly because I don't have room for another vehicle.

• 3 months later...

I bought my truck simply because that's all my family ever had while I was growing up. My first truck was a 93' Silverado Z71 that I had in high school that my dad let me drive. and now I bought my 2013 Silverado. chevy trucks are in my blood. and I use it as my daily driver when im not on the motorcycle

my third truck, I moved rural... nearly panicked remembering how bad this north central town got in the winter. I lived here 20 something years ago.

I picked up where I left off, wanting a manul tranny, multiport. My first truck was a 1974 ford f100 manual tranny... freakishly racked over 3 times on the odometer. My secon was aheavy half ton, 1979, 350 ci. My next vehicle was very city oriented, a tiny boxer engined subaru. Stayed like that for 18 years. I build my onw everything, engines, chassis. Come this year I wanted to revive my greatest peace with vehicles...with a new twist to save some money. I had been welding for 8 years as a hobby. Truck prices are crazy.

No regrets at all. I was buying for a winter truck, it turns out to have some very interesting go fast facts.

Bought my first house in 2011 and quickly realized the need for a truck with projects around the house. But at the time, money was tight and I couldn't afford a second car payment on top of my wife's Forester. So now that I am in a better place financially, I was finally able to buy a truck. First truck I've owned. My other car which I still have is a Subaru WRX Wagon that I bought new in November 2001. Heavily modified and used for mountain road driving, auto-x and track racing. Nice to have a change of scenery of being higher up. Being 6'4, it's much easier to get into the truck than down into the Subaru. :lol:

It took me 3 months to pop my hiatus back into shape, after getting into my truck. I am only 5 foot 9, but strangely shaped to be there. I could guess the truck was even more welcome for you.

Archived