samsung s6 problems since update

Anyone else with a samsung have any problems with the bluetooth connecting/disconnecting none stop since the recent big update? Never had a bluetooth connection problem before.

yeah i have..my S6 has had some weird bluetooth issues since the 5.1.1 update....Have you tried resetting the device? it should give you a clean slate 5.1.1 maybe that'll fix it...be a guinea pig and report back lol...

in the mean time i've just turned bluetooth off/on on my s6 and that fixes it...just bothersome because it also disconnects from my moto 360

Anyone else with a samsung have any problems with the bluetooth connecting/disconnecting none stop since the recent big update? Never had a bluetooth connection problem before.

Yeah I've been having problems here lately with my Galaxy Note 3 connecting to Bluetooth. It works every now and then when I turn the phone on and off, but then there are other times I do it and that method doesn't work. Then I have to re-pair my phone to the truck

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mine is connecting fine and then I play pandora it will play for a minute then turn off and the randomly start playing again. Been making me so mad I just turned off pandora and the bluetooth. If I have it connected to the intelilink I can see the screen say bluetooth disconnected and then reconnected a 100xs of and on

rather annoying

This sort of thing is one of the bigger things that I disliked about the Android / Samsung platform combo. It seemed that every time there was an update, I would have to completely reset my phone to zero and rebuild it from scratch. And the REALLY irritating part about that is that no manufacturer provides a quality backup/restore system that actually works.

Sadly, as has already been mentioned, I would suggest that you try a complete reset of the device, unpair it from the truck, and start again.

I already deleted all the bluetooth cache and all that stuff and then unpaired from the truck. You guys are saying I should do a factory restore of my phone and have to go through all my contacts and crap again?

Wouldn't my phone just autoupdate to the newest update from samsung and just have the same problems?

I already deleted all the bluetooth cache and all that stuff and then unpaired from the truck. You guys are saying I should do a factory restore of my phone and have to go through all my contacts and crap again?

Wouldn't my phone just autoupdate to the newest update from samsung and just have the same problems?

The updates are doled out & tweaked by each carrier. Saw some issues on a Verizon S6 & not on an ATT version on forums.

Have not checked the android forums lately, but this one is pretty good & may find an answer there. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/

I have Verizon S6, no issues at all. Just got it last week though. I unpaired the s5, paired the s6. Everything's good thus far.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

A factory reset is for all of the settings. Yes, you will have to go through the entire configuration process all over again because there is NO quality backup / restore solution for Android. At least with iOS stuff you get the ability to backup to and restore from the cloud as well as iTunes. And it works. Of course, the in-place software updates work properly, too.

Google -claims- to back up all of your pertinent data to your Google Account and restore it to your phone, but my experience is that this is completely hit and miss. IF it restores things, it can sometimes take crazy long periods of time and then won't restore everything. And, what's worse, your phone will start auto-downloading all kinds of crap as part of the restore long before you get a chance to put in a Wi-Fi network - so, you're chewing up your data plan.

As already mentioned - the different carriers muck with the software (which is why they release the updates at all different times), and that's on top of what the manufacturers have already futzed around with. It's quite the crap shoot.

I absolutely love the flexibility and power that Android offers, but I absolutely can't believe that this many years and generations of phones into its life, it STILL isn't ready for the Enterprise because no manufacturer offers a quality backup solution. Samsung Kies is the closest thing to useful, and it's junk.

yes this was def was not the occasion disconnect, it was disconnectiong/connecting non stop.

Good news is the factory reset appeared to work, I drove to work today (about 30 mins) and no disconnecting. So thanks for tips/help, spent about 2 hours getting my phone back to how it was which really sucks. Worst part is all the 500+ facebook friends and only talking to very few. Have to go through them and weed them out.

Hope I don't have to do this every update, but phone does seem to be running much better.

Thanks again

Archived