Stock wheels on lifted trucks!

I assume that's a knuckle lift and with 18" rims you had to run spacers to keep your rims from hitting the UCAs? Nice truck.

It is a knuckle lift, but I don't have any spacers... Nothing hitting control arms, no rubbing anywhere. Thanks, I do like the stance. Have some more plans for other changes coming, too.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk

Word...Doesn't make sense that you (bcbz71) are rubbing the UCA with a 275 unless you have aftermarket UCAs which state not to use stock wheels. Aftermarket UCAs usually need 4.5-5" worth of Backspacing...

Long story short it doesn't make sense lol

For clarification, my 275 Nittos do not rub but there is very little room between the inside bulge of the rubber and the UCA when at FULL LOCK. When I say full lock, I don't mean turn the steering wheel then get out of your truck and measure. I'm talking about holding it against the stop and putting a bungee on the steering wheel to hold it to measure.

I think it could be that my 18" rims keeps the inside tire bulge lower; whereby a 20" rim would push the bulge of the tire higher and above the UCA. 11.5" or wider section width requires spacers or more negative offset rim...at least in 18". I like my rims and I don't like 20s....too street for me, so I'm stuck with a narrower tire or spacers.

It is a knuckle lift, but I don't have any spacers... Nothing hitting control arms, no rubbing anywhere. Thanks, I do like the stance. Have some more plans for other changes coming, too.

Well, it's bad ass. Too tall for my garage or for all the towing I do, but I like to see a clean lifted truck without a bunch of JC Whitney on it!!

• Like 1

0b7187bcf07261ddd4da4b60bbce5309.jpgbef42cf622d5fd62dde87bee3f9e6374.jpg

Just love how the Stock 20" wheels look on the truck.

6" BDS with 35/12.5R20 Destination MT

Sent by a simpleton struggling to operate an iPhone.

Holy Crap that truck is beautiful!!

I recently made a few changes. Put on an RC 2.5 kit, painted the stock wheels black, and put on some 275/70 Falken Wildpeak's. Nothing too drastic but my wallet told me to hold off on the real lift for a while. The tires actually look a lot better in person, the sidewall knobs barely show up in the pics but they look pretty good in person.

20160719_205849_zpssomcjoxf.jpg

20160715_174741_zps4ihwtqiy.jpg

• Like 5

I recently made a few changes. Put on an RC 2.5 kit, painted the stock wheels black, and put on some 275/70 Falken Wildpeak's. Nothing too drastic but my wallet told me to hold off on the real lift for a while. The tires actually look a lot better in person, the sidewall knobs barely show up in the pics but they look pretty good in person.

Looks good.

looks good to me. I too had to hold off on a lift and wheels. love the idea of lift/wheels but wallet said no along with my girlfriend

LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Trust me the 295 60 will fit with stock offset but will rub on the uca and the sway bar. Add a spacer to correct that and your rubbing the rear of the fender well hard. With the shape of the wheel wells on this truck it takes more lift than I'm used to using to get the clearance to an acceptable level. I feel like I will have to trim a lot to fit much more than a 35.

Edited by Denali62

I'm sure this pic will be disoriented. Anyone know what's up with that? 7.5" rc kit for magneride on 295 60 20 stt pros. 1.75" rear spacers.

I am just about to order that exact same tire. How do you like them? How is the road noise. I'm surprised you are rubbing with a 7.5" lift but I know it's the offset. How big of a wheel spacer are you running to clear the ucas? I'm going to run these on stock 20s with a 3.5" lift.

No I'm sorry if I was hard to understand. I'm not rubbing now on the 295 60 20 but When I go to a 36-37" tire I will most likely have to trim heavily. I didn't like the stt pro at first but I think it was due to the shop overtorquing the lug nuts. Since i have torqued them evenly and installed the hubcentric wheel spacers (a few burnouts didn't hurt either). I love them

No I'm sorry if I was hard to understand. I'm not rubbing now on the 295 60 20 but When I go to a 36-37" tire I will most likely have to trim heavily. I didn't like the stt pro at first but I think it was due to the shop overtorquing the lug nuts. Since i have torqued them evenly and installed the hubcentric wheel spacers (a few burnouts didn't hurt either). I love them

Oh ok that's make more since now. Did you have to run the spacers to get these to clear? If so what was rubbing and what size spacer did you have to run? Glad you like the pro. Been trying to decide between them and the Toyo MTs.