Stock wheels on lifted trucks!

Handling and braking is sluggish. Looks great. But I think I would rather have stock tires. The tires were brand new and free so I don't really feel bad about having them. Gas mileage took a hit. But I wouldn't be driving a truck if I care about mileage. I have done any heavy duty towing. I bet it would shift much different.

Handling and braking is sluggish. Looks great. But I think I would rather have stock tires. The tires were brand new and free so I don't really feel bad about having them. Gas mileage took a hit. But I wouldn't be driving a truck if I care about mileage. I have done any heavy duty towing. I bet it would shift much different.

Perfect. Stock size it is. Thanks man!

Nice truck! I am considering the same tires/lift. Any complaints with your setup verses stock?

Thanks! No complaints whatsoever! After researching all different level lifts, I couldn't see any advantage of spending more for what is essentially a block of material. Some are made of plastic, and I didn't want to go that route. My $39 lift kit works just great, and after considering all, I think 2" is the way to go. Really love these tires too. Very agressive looks, without the harshness and noise of "mud tires". The worked awesome in the snow this winter, even though we didn't get much this year!

• Like 1

Do you have any rub with that size? I really want that tire but it's on national backorder according to Michelin and my local tire shop so to get it I'll have to at least go to a 275/60/20. How did you handle the speedo calibration?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Slight rub on the carpet liner which I left. At 70

Mph I am really going 74. I never recalibrated.

You mentioned your mileage took a hit. How are you calculating that if you didn't adjust your speedo? You're at almost a 7% increase over stock so are you just adding 7% to what your trip odometer reads? It looks like 275/60/20 is my only option locally since the stock size is on national back order. I'm waiting to see the results of my level/lift before I decide if I'm going to go bigger than stock but I'm not going over 275/60/20.