LED Strobe Lights installed on 2015+ Silverado HD or 2014 + 1500

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice set up on your warning lights . How did you do third brake one ? I have four LED's in the grill , strobes in the rear step of the bumper . Any information will be helpful. Thanks

nice set up on your warning lights . How did you do third brake one ? I have four LED's in the grill , strobes in the rear step of the bumper . Any information will be helpful. Thanks

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have been busy and have not completed all of it. Since we are using a the Hide away strobe flash box to control all the strobes, there was some extra wiring and planing. The weird thing is the flash box (module) is positive, not a chassis ground.

As of tonight, be basically have the front done, except for the sync of the strobes and adding another pair behind the grill.

Here's a short video of it with all my lights on in the front. https://vimeo.com/146458562

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When plowing snow, IMHO, a roof top light is your only chance of keeping the texting idiots from hitting you..

You need 360 degrees of high, unobstructed, in your face blinding coverage.

The higher, the better. Also, LEDs do not emit heat to melt snow that covers them, so small and scattered lights become ineffective when plowing during a snow storm.

I use a Whelen Mini Liberty II, with four extra knock downs. A little pricey at the cost of about 1k, but worth every cent.

When this thing is on, you have to be legally blind to not see it from a half mile away.

post-150733-0-86158800-1448407800_thumb.jpeg

post-150733-0-11354700-1448407969_thumb.jpeg

Third pic

Can you give me for information on the way you have it mounted and wired?

Sure.

The mount is made by www.acariproducts.com

Check out their website for mounting instructions. It mounts in the third brake light opening. No holes to drill, and easily removable without any possibility of damage to the truck. By using this unit, the light bar can now be ordered as a permanent mount. No more hi-way blow offs that can come with magnetic roof units.

For a retailer, I would go to www.strobesnmore.com They have everything you need at the best prices.

The Acari unit comes in low profile or regular. I prefer the regular mount. T looks better and I don't have garage door height issues.

It's an aluminum finish product, but I opted to sent it to my body shop to have it painted to match.

A nice rig like yours?

It looks like a part of the truck when painted.

If you choose a quality upgradable unit like the Mini Liberty, or any top quality all aluminum commercial quality structure with a permanent mount, it usually comes with its own wiring. My unit came with the corner, police quality LEDs. As I said before, I ordered four extra lights, and there is also a spot for alley lights if you wanted a side light upgrade.

If you have the factory plow package, forget about using the stock wiring under the headliner. Its a waste of time unless you have a single beacon where the light pattern can not be changed.

When you pop off the third brake light, just fish the supplied wire over to the left "C" piller. Pull back the door seal, and pull it through. Run it under the left side, either under the carpet, or up the channel under the door sills. Very easy.

Buy a simple three toggle switch box which are usually under $10.00. Wiring is easy, and the whole project takes just a couple hours from start to finish.

post-150733-0-36715600-1448482176_thumb.jpeg

Here is what the 3rd brake light assembly looks with the strobes installede42792a2ee4c6a9afd3f41d726e240a8.jpg

I have another pair in the reverse lens of the tail lights, and I'm going to go with an additional Amber Mini Light bar on top.

Love the look of the painted Acari mount! A division of the company I work for does fleet up-fitting, and the Acari's are really starting to take off. Acari also just came out with a low-profile version that's black and not as tall as the original version. I was down at the Acari shop a month or so ago, they were straight out assembling units.

RTM-101-LP-Series.png

Love the look of the painted Acari mount! A division of the company I work for does fleet up-fitting, and the Acari's are really starting to take off. Acari also just came out with a low-profile version that's black and not as tall as the original version. I was down at the Acari shop a month or so ago, they were straight out assembling units.

RTM-101-LP-Series.png

Yeah, I just watched the install video of one. I think I'm going to be asking "santa" for one of these bad boys.

The question I have is since this going to be used primarily during plowing, would I bother taking it off when I'm not going to be using it?

Yeah, I just watched the install video of one. I think I'm going to be asking "santa" for one of these bad boys.

The question I have is since this going to be used primarily during plowing, would I bother taking it off when I'm not going to be using it?

Those are great mounts, quite a few local businesses use them. I believe you can order one for magnetic lights in which case you could install a weatherproof plug on a pigtail and remove the light when not in use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

A plug can easily be added when wiring it up. Just add it in the third brake access hole, and you can then remove the whole unit. I did that on my last truck thinking how smart I was to add the option, but I honestly never took it off.

I wired this one straight to the switch in the front.

I could be wrong here, but I don't remember an option where you could use a mag mount. The units are aluminum and plastic.

I'm not sure why you would want a Mag mount anyway. The whole idea is to not have to deal with magnet failure and have your expensive light bar falling on and bouncing off of your back window, breaking the light or denting the rear of the cab.

I could be wrong here, but I don't remember an option where you could use a mag mount. The units are aluminum and plastic.

I'm not sure why you would want a Mag mount anyway. The whole idea is to not have to deal with magnet failure and have your expensive light bar falling on and bouncing off of your back window, breaking the light or denting the rear of the cab.

Correct, the mounts are Aluminum, I'm not sure about the low-profile new style.

Rears are done, not sure how I feel about them yet. They have a blue tint to them.

https://vimeo.com/147402017

I can't get the front mounted lights to sync, any input/ideas would be much appreciated!

Archived