Replace rear window with slider

my windows are open anytime it is nice outside, I would rather have the fresh outside air and feel the breeze. Mine was supposed to have the slider but it was deleted right before it was built at the plant. If I could get it for $1200 I might consider it and would use it anytime the windows are open and down as it really helps with in cab turbulence.

I went out of my way to ensure I got my truck with the power rear slider. I love it and use it almost daily when the weather is nice. I agree with others too saying it helps a lot getting rid of in-cab turbulence with the other windows open. I just open the back up a couple of inches and the air flow is great. Well worth it to me, but again, to each their own.....

• Like 1

I have only had my truck for a couple of months but a power slider was a must for me. When I had the 2003 Ram I sold before I bought the Denali, I routinely put long boards, trim, etc in through the rear window so the ends would fit in the bed. I love being able to do that without climbing in the back seat to open the window.

Love my rear slider and have it open every chance I get. Now just have to get used to remembering to close it which I seem to have a mental block about at times. In Seattle this can be problematic. A couple of weeks ago when I was on a business trip I get a phone call from my roomie saying "It's pouring here. Is your back window supposed to be open?" I was like "What do you think, sunshine?" D'oh! :)

I use mine quite often because of the turbulence with the regular windows. Now with that said, I would prefer the view of a solid window instead of the tiny slider. Wish the big 3 would copy Toyota and do the full roll down rear like the crew cab Tundra and 4Runner. That would be the best of both worlds. You get the perfect amount of ventilation with no turbulence and unnecessary to roll any other window down with the great rear view.

• Like 1

I wish there was an aftermarket kit that would drop the whole back window (like the Tundra has). That would be worth $1200 to me!

Not sure the little box in the middle is worth that kind of money.

b5b40fde9fdf68185729c9206570094a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I use my slider when backing up a trailer at night since I got 5% tint on the back.

Or if I fart in truck its a great way to get the smell sucked into the back instead of the side windows past my face. :throwup:

• Like 2

It does look like a Titan back glass. Is that a custom job fitting a Titan window in the GM, or is this a kit that's actually on the market?

Not sure. Found the picture online and saved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was quoted $700 for the slider from a dealer in Maine before I bought the all-terrain.

was this to remove the old window and install a new one? if so that seems like a hell of a deal. on the other hand, it's only a $250-$300 option on the sticker so if that's what your talking about, not such a good deal.