Replace rear window with slider

I guess I'm the only one that didn't want a power slider.. one of the first mods I did after getting my truck.

This is one of the moments in life you question people's reasoning. To each their own but removing a rear slider make absolutely no sense. They aren't known to leak and if you don't like it, don't open it. Haha, why would you go to the trouble and expense to remove it?

• Like 1

I def wouldn't call it a "mod" to remove it and agree if you don't need it just don't open it but to replace the glass is pretty baffeling.

I have to admit I have only opened mine like 3-4 mostly to show people what it does and when the kids are back there saying to open it. Smallest window ever

the funny thing is, I never realized how small the window actually was until a few on here said it was...like I said, I think I like the way it looks more than I think I'd use it...so in that sense I would consider it a mod.

as far as removing the rear slider goes...to each it's own right? he probably thinks it's odd I want to remove my solid window and replace it with a slider.

if anyone else on this forum is thinking about swapping out their slider for a fixed window, let me know, I'll pay to have it shipped!

My $.02:

I wouldn't pay $200 for a sliding rear window.

I drive around with all windows up and the auto temperature on, can't remember the last time I drove around with the windows down. (or rode in a car with the windows down, other than using sun roof in my wife's car)

• Like 1

You got rid of your power slider?

Yes!!!

This is one of the moments in life you question people's reasoning. To each their own but removing a rear slider make absolutely no sense. They aren't known to leak and if you don't like it, don't open it. Haha, why would you go to the trouble and expense to remove it?

When I ordered my truck I didn't have the option to not get the slider. Being that my truck is a ltz. It was no trouble and didn't cost me money. I actually made alot of money and I got the window I wanted for free.

I def wouldn't call it a "mod" to remove it and agree if you don't need it just don't open it but to replace the glass is pretty baffeling.

I have to admit I have only opened mine like 3-4 mostly to show people what it does and when the kids are back there saying to open it. Smallest window ever

It was more of looks for me. Yeah its cool having a power slider. Just not for me. Just like I didn't want the sun roof when I ordered my truck. I just trying to make my truck how I wanted it from the factory. Edited by Silver ice 6.2
  • Like 2

Ok...I've got to support Silver Ice here. I've had my Silvy LTZ for two years and only used the slider twice, the first being after the initial slider recall was done to test it. My 2011 Silvy LT did not have it and I liked the unobstructed view without the small box of the slider in my rear view. And for some reason the window with the slide reflects dash lights at night more - probably nothing to do with the slider itself. I also had a hard time finding an LTZ without a sun roof. So, although I will not remove my slider, I don't like it much and appreciate where he is coming from.

And just like another member who removed or hid his factory trailer brake control, each to their own! That's part of making them "ours"...

• Like 2

Ok...I've got to support Silver Ice here. I've had my Silvy LTZ for two years and only used the slider twice, the first being after the initial slider recall was done to test it. My 2011 Silvy LT did not have it and I liked the unobstructed view without the small box of the slider in my rear view. And for some reason the window with the slide reflects dash lights at night more - probably nothing to do with the slider itself. I also had a hard time finding an LTZ without a sun roof. So, although I will not remove my slider, I don't like it much and appreciate where he is coming from.

And just like another member who removed or hid his factory trailer brake control, each to their own! That's part of making them "ours"...

Thankyou for understanding. Again I have nothing against the sliding window. It's just not my cup of tea.
  • Like 2

Thankyou for understanding. Again I have nothing against the sliding window. It's just not my cup of tea.

Same here. If it came with the trim level I purchased (SLE + Value Pack on 2015, and LT + All Star pack on 2014) I wouldn't mind having it, but wouldn't use it either.

As such, no way I would pay $1200 for that. To me it would like paying $1200 for those power folding mirrors.

I guess I'm the only one that didn't want a power slider.. one of the first mods I did after getting my truck.

You're not the first one...I deleted mine from the order when I ordered my 2014 Chevy LTZ in October, 2013. The window sticker showed a $250 credit for rear sliding window delete when the truck arrived at the dealer. The aftermarket sellers make quite a profit if you compare the prices :lol:. Yours look really clean with that smooth rear window.

Edited by LTZTom